X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ServiceNet

Servicenet, has anyone used it. I have found it is the most worthless site I have ever seen.
    SSG, U.S. Army
    Retired
    K.I.S.S., R.T.F.M.

What is it?
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave View Post
      What is it?
      Here is a link to it.

http://www.dewaltservicenet.com/ServiceNet/logon.asp

It is a parts service for tools, supposed to be for all B&D products but it is useless.
      SSG, U.S. Army
      Retired
      K.I.S.S., R.T.F.M.

Comment

It's not bad if you can wait for it to load completely, The site is actually designed for service centers so all the features may not work. My only complaint with it is that it is very slow sometimes, Mainly on Mondays that may be the day they update it.

Comment

I've used it to order parts before and for me it has workled remarkably well. Its not the most intuitive site to navigate since its mostly designed as a dealer site but I've never had problems finding what I need there and the parts I've ordered are shipped quickly.

Comment

Re: ServiceNet

IMHO its a good site for finding the parts breakdown on many tools, and I have had good luck ordering parts from them (good response, rapid delivery). You also can see if the parts are on-hand or back-ordered. It is not an easy site to navigate or find the tool model, tho. I have used the parts breakdowns to compare different models of the same brand tool to see the actual difference. Parts prices were good, especially for OEM parts. Good site for checking out DeWalt and Porter Cable. Some others but don't remember all.

Go
            Practicing at practical wood working

Comment

Re: ServiceNet

Worked fine for me just a few weeks ago. As I had said in my post back then my DW-735 needed new drive gears. I went on their site and easily found the parts list and diagrahm for my planer. I ordered my parts and was logged out in only a few minutes. Worked fine.
              ---------------
              Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
              ---------------
              “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
              ---------
              "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
              ---------
              sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Working...
              X