Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Ridgid Tool Distributor in Virginia

Hi Everyone!

Just wanted to leave a note and introduce myself. I'm Mike Marcon, the V.P. of Sales/Virginia for Gizmo's Industrial, one of RIDGID's newest distributors.

We're located on the Northern Neck (Heathsville) and cover all of Virginia with our sales reps. We're going to be serving up some very good deals and, we hope, the best service. We also take tool trade-ins. Please don't hesitate to contact us for any of your RIDGID needs. Our web site is http://www.gizmosvirginia.com Please check us out and let us know if we can help you in any way.

Have a great week-end. Look forward to hearing you!

Approved by Josh.
    Last edited by Mike Marcon; 01-21-2007, 08:27 AM. Reason: editing
    Mike Marcon, VP of Sales/Virginia
    Gizmo's Industrial
    1310 Brown's Store Rd.
    Heathsville, VA 22473
    804-580-4456 office
    804-313-0632 cell
    www.gizmosvirginia.com

dont buy from this guy

RIDGID XLi 24-volt Lithium Ion Cordless Combo Kit
    SKU: 24048

v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} .shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
    RIDGID Xli 24-volt Lithium Ion Cordless Combo Kit
    Catalog# 24048

Ridgid

PRICE: $832.12

dude are you nucking futs? that is 432 more than my home disapointment sells them for? man i sure hope you offer a reach around. they sell the 4 pc kits all day long here for 397.00 look at the web site for proof. this is an outrage that you would screw over your costomers like that. that is un friging belivable
    9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

Re: New Ridgid Tool Distributor in Virginia

Old Slow Chevy, I am checking it. But, let me say a few things first:

1) We are not out to hurt anybody and want to be as competitive as anyone else.

2) The prices set on our brand new website are based on prices we receive directly from RIDGID and are a best estimate based between our actual cost and what we see as other competitor's advertised prices. We are not always aware of what an item may be sold for elsewhere. And the simple fact is if we can't compete and make an honest living, we will not attempt to sell something to "screw over our customers."

3) I have just checked the HD site and you are 100% correct.

4) Tommorrow, I will make some calls and let you know here what I discover.

Thanks!
      Last edited by Mike Marcon; 01-21-2007, 05:38 PM. Reason: broken link for HD
      Gizmo's Industrial
      1310 Brown's Store Rd.
      Heathsville, VA 22473
      804-580-4456 office
      804-313-0632 cell
      www.gizmosvirginia.com

Comment

well then frist allow me to say sorry for going off on you. i can under stand that you may be priced higher than HD but only like 50-75 dollars above for the reasons that 1 you will never even come close to selling the amount that HD does and 2 because you need to make a profit but when i saw that $800+ price tag i was shocked than horrifed by it as you came in more than plasent enough i thought you would have been close to ther price. i live in florida so it matters little to me but there are many that live in va. if you make good on the price i will say no more also sorry about the spelling i suck at it but that is why i use tools instead of selling them.
        9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

OSC, thanks for your very nice response. Like I said, I'll check things out more closely and get back to you tommorrow. Don't worry about the spelling; I suck at it too. Mike
          Gizmo's Industrial
          1310 Brown's Store Rd.
          Heathsville, VA 22473
          804-580-4456 office
          804-313-0632 cell
          www.gizmosvirginia.com

Comment

Mike

I happen to be on the other (wrong) side of the big river, but what larger city is your business near? I wish you luck, but do remember that Home Depot is a monster hog and may sell things below dealer cost at times.

Never mind: I looked up Heathville, VA on a VA state map. If I order, I think I'll let FedEx or UPS do the work of bringing things my way. Good luck with your business. All of us in the Mid-Atlantic like choices of dealerships.
            Last edited by Woussko; 01-21-2007, 11:00 PM. Reason: Blah Blah Blah

Comment

Just as an aside, I PM'd Mike and he quoted me a pretty decent price on the Ridgid jig saw. I saw a notice on the website that it's best to call them first before purchasing anything on the site. Fortunately for me I saw that first. It's very small red print near the top of the site, and doesn't stick out a whole lot. It's very easy to miss that little announcement. I was headed for a similar post as OSC when I noted the call first message!!

As a Virginian, I'm happy to see another Ridgid distributor in the state. Thanks, Mike.
              I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

are they a legit Ridgid dealer/distributor, who sells products eligible for the LSA?

Comment

There are many "legit Ridgid dealer/distributor"s out there whose products are eligible for the LLSA. At the time Ridgid announced that TTI would hold the license to manufacture they also stated that there would be well over 1000 outlets, I forget the exact number, for these tools. Unless things have changed since then all Ridgid distributors have access to the TTI manufactured tools. This includes many plumbing and electrical distributors/supply houses.

Just because a company has access to the Ridgid line doesn't necessarily mean they can sell these tools competitively. I have no idea how Ridgid currently discounts prices to distributors but my old company used to sell Ridgid products and at that time each purchase order from us was billed based on the total volume of that individual order.

I'm sure that HD has some sort of a sweetheart deal worked out with Ridgid, possibly based on a year end rebate program that is a percentage of their yearly purchases, and that they always buy at the longest discount. If that's true, HD could easily sell their tools at cost and use the rebate as the profit margin for the Ridgid line. Consequently, it would be extremely difficult for most of the smaller Ridgid distributors to compete with HD when it comes to the actual selling price of the TTI produced Ridgid tools.
                  Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Marcon View Post
                    OSC, thanks for your very nice response. Like I said, I'll check things out more closely and get back to you tommorrow. Don't worry about the spelling; I suck at it too. Mike
                    well it has been a week now i sure am glad i am not holding my breath
                    9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

well i wonder what happend to you mike? iam so glad you were in a hurry to get back to us...... still waiting.....
                      9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

I think your just getting older waiting for mike, lol. Maybe he lost this website and couldn't find his way back, or he is embarassed. Who knows good luck waiting,lol....
                        Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

I seem to recall recently reading about a guy in VA who is scheduled to undergo some radical new type of surgery. He somehow managed to get both feet caught in his mouth at one time. It seems that the removal of a single foot is quite common but in this case one foot went in toes first while the other went in heal first. Pictures at 11:00!
                          Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Working...
                          X