X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tool Holders and Belts

My questions are about Tool Holders that fit on your belt or attach to your tool. Also a few questions about belts. What is your preferrence?

A. Aluminum or Plastic?

B. Slide On belt or Clip On?

C. Should the Hook be stationary or movable?

D. What holder would you like to see on the market?

E. Made in USA or Overseas?

F. Lifetime warranty or does it matter?

G. Price Point. How much is a quality holder worth that helps decrease repair bills and helps keep you from busting batteries or dropping your nail gun.

H. Do you ever consider "Safety" in your decision when buying tools?

I. What size belt do you prefer. 2 1/2" or 3"?

J. For your belt, Do you prefer Leather, Web or Ballistic Nylon?

K. What type of buckle do you prefer?

L. Do you prefer movable pouches or pouches riveted in place?

M. Are you satified with the type and size of pouches available?

N. Do you have any suggestions or comments for improvements on these types of products?

Please add your occupation ie; Carpenter, Electrician, Wood Working Hobbiest, etc.
    Use Your Head, It's The Little Things That Count
    www.gunook.com

Re: Tool Holders and Belts

a. aluminum b. it depends i have both and i use each for diffent things. c. movable. d. i have no idea. e. i would perfer usa. f. it doesn't matter i tend to lose things like this before they break. g. between $9-18 depending on style and fetrures. h. yes but not as much as i should. i.2 1/2". j. leather belt with ballistic nylon bags. k. one that works and doesn't dig into my belly when i am bent over all day. l. movable. m.no i can not say that i am. n. no. i have been a carpenter for over 15 years and owned my own framing company for 10 years "olde tyme carpentry" un till i sold it just over a year ago.
    9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunook View Post
      My questions are about Tool Holders that fit on your belt or attach to your tool. Also a few questions about belts. What is your preferrence?

A. Aluminum or Plastic? Aluminum

B. Slide On belt or Clip On? Slide On

C. Should the Hook be stationary or movable? Moveable

D. What holder would you like to see on the market? Improved Hammer

E. Made in USA or Overseas? Quality Is More Important

F. Lifetime warranty or does it matter? Under $20 Doesn't Matter

G. Price Point. How much is a quality holder worth that helps decrease repair bills and helps keep you from busting batteries or dropping your nail gun. Don't Know

H. Do you ever consider "Safety" in your decision when buying tools? Always

I. What size belt do you prefer. 2 1/2" or 3"? 3"

J. For your belt, Do you prefer Leather, Web or Ballistic Nylon? Leather

K. What type of buckle do you prefer? Standard

L. Do you prefer movable pouches or pouches riveted in place? Moveable

M. Are you satified with the type and size of pouches available? Yes

N. Do you have any suggestions or comments for improvements on these types of products?

Please add your occupation ie; Carpenter, Electrician, Wood Working Hobbiest, etc. Hobbiest
      10 Characters
      Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

I don't wear tool belts, they pull my pants down.
        SSG, U.S. Army
        Retired
        K.I.S.S., R.T.F.M.

Comment

Tod

You're not alone on that one. Maybe that's why they make suspenders. LOL Even without a tool belt I have to watch that my pants don't work down.
          Last edited by Woussko; 01-21-2007, 05:30 PM. Reason: Post got out of control Foul comments removed

Comment

I go along with BadgerDave execept for N I would like to see some kind of cover for the nail pouchs so WHEN your tool belt flips over you don't spend 3 hours picking up 9 million nails or screws. They could elastic or velcro.

Comment

Hi everyone, this is a good post, enjoyed reading. Now Badger Dave hit it right on the nose. Woussko, your right about the suspenders, man if I didn't have suspenders I would be sending most of my day holding up my pants or tossing my tool belt. And ballistic bob, I don't enjoy picking up 9 million nails and screws either. Leather tool belts are the only way to go, don't care for nylon myself. Great topic everyone....................
              Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

I agree with most of BD's comments. Here's my pet peeve on all toolbelts. I can never find one with a receptacle, that is not a pouch, located on the right side of the belt or one of the pouches, onto which a tape measure can be clipped. I've tried pouches and magnetic attaching devices, but nothing is as secure as a clip. The clips I have seen always seem to be on the left side of the belt or attached to a pouch which is better suited to the left side of the belt.
                there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

The best I have found id the "Skiller Tool Vest" the websight is Skiller.com.

Comment

Working...
                  X