X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me out guys - RIDGID.com speed

Is ridgid.com running slower than usual this week. The last 3 days specifically. Load time should be around 3 seconds per page and it seems to be taking a lot longer.

Thanks,

Josh

Re: Help me out guys - RIDGID.com speed

seems to be the same on my computer josh. i do have cable for the inter net though it loads as fast as it ever has for me here in south west florida.
    9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

In a word...YES, it has been slower. I thought it was my machine but every time I left here (RIDGID Forum) and went elsewhere on the 'net the speed was back to normal.
      ---------------
      Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
      ---------------
      “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
      ---------
      "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
      ---------
      sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Hey Josh, I can say also, it does seem to be going a tad bit slower, sometimes it takes up to 5 seconds to change pages. I'm also with cable, and I'm also patient so it doesn't bother me to much...
        Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

Agreed, it does seem to be running slower yesterday and earlier today. I noted the thing that seems to take the longest are the 3 "oval" image links at the top of page for the forum site. Also when looking at Ridgid.com earlier it seemed slow, but both seem better now.
          Still enjoying all 10 fingers!

Comment

as I suspected. Those 3 images load from the server that ridgid.com is hosted on.

We are working hard to resolve the speed issue. Hopefully by tomorrow.

Thanks for your patience and thanks for confirming my worries... rrrr maybe I shouldn't thank you. anyway..

Josh

Comment

Josh

Things were slow but seem better now. I figured that your team was working on the web site. As of now it seems to be running at normal speed.

Comment

48 seconds to load the "reply to thread" window, and I'm just across the building from you. Of course it is lunch, and teh intraweb is always slow then. But this seems a lot. The last 15+ seconds was waiting for whatever is the last image to load.
                Steve
                www.MorrisGarage.com

Comment

Seems it's something from the "new" boxes that are at the top here on the forums, and down the right side at the site. These things are taking forever to load! Is there some code in them that causes the entire contents to load with the buttons?
                  I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

I have cable and and my house is less than a block from the junction box. The whole site seems slow still.

Comment

We are going through some major procedures to get all of this back up to speed. In fact I am on a teleconference with 12 people from all over the place right now.

Hopefully some time tonight we should be up and running actually a bit faster than before this whole thing ever happened.

I hate when this stuff happens cause it effects you guys. Its our top priority to fix this speed problem. Thanks for being patient.

Josh

Comment

Wow...you're fast!!! Seems to be working correctly now. This site and Ridgid.com are loading fast now. Good job. Thanks a lot!
                        I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

Everything should be running faster again. I wouldnt say 4 days is fast but I did everything within my power to move the process along. In the long run the changes we made will make the entire site faster. I just wish it would have gone a bit smoother.

Thanks for the help.

Josh

Comment

3 seconds to load "reply to thread". That's a huge improvement!

Ya done good!
                            Steve
                            www.MorrisGarage.com

Comment

well done..

Comment

Working...
                              X