Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Our newest coolest tool... win one.

Originally posted by Josh View Post

wwsmith, how large is the hole you were talking about in your application?
    Not that big. A standard thermocouple is about the diameter of a pencil. It could still be used to go in through the back of a horizontal furnace, but would require pulling a rod or mfc which has a bigger diameter hole. But that brings up the next question:

What is the heat rating of it? (i.e. how hot before it melts or breaks down)
    Still enjoying all 10 fingers!

Comment

Originally posted by garager View Post
      Well I really couldn't use it, unless I went fishing. Not trying to be funny, I'm into wood working. Possibly if someone thinks they lost their ring down a drain they don't have to take apart the p-trap. To me it just doesn't seem long enough for plumbing purposes and I'm sure the price is going to be high for a tinker toy.
      heh. I was thinking the same thing... he's probably looking for input from plumbers but maybe the rest of us could be a bit more creative.

Home colonoscopy kit maybe? I'll bet it would be great for finding dropped screws in the bowels of my engine bay when working in the garage!!

Hey Josh... think one of us hacks could win it??

Comment

Josh, I think this could be a great tool for handicapped people. Think of the possibilities for finding things down low and up high, and if it could retrieve thing with a small hook on it, cool.
        Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

Its open to everyone. In fact we want ideas from as broad a range as possible. This is a tool for the masses not just plumbers. We are not touting it as an In-The-Pipe tool. Its waterproof and it will work in the pipe but it has a lot more non plumbing related uses.

Make sure you guys are posting you ideas in the link I gave you all valid entries and might just win ya one.

Josh

Comment

Sorry man... I'm not putting my name beside the home-colonoscopy idea. I mean... who knows where that might end up if I won??

Comment

I work at an animal hospital doing maintenance. About three years ago I was eating popcorn and one of the hulls got lodged deep into my throat, three days went by and it was driving me nuts, I tried reaching back with the toothbrush, my fingers, nothing worked, I was not able to locate it exactly. The animal hospital has a scope, so I stuck that badboy down my throat and the results show up on a monitor, sure enough I found it and was able to guide my toothrush to the spot and rubbed the corn hull out. Oh yeah before the cynics respond "hehe...I wonder where that scope was used on a dog before you used it" The scope has disposable tips and I had wiped it down with alcohol before inserting. It's only used down the throats
              of animals, I'm an animal too!

Comment

Hey Josh, can't seem to get my idea through the win a camera, keeps stopping me with an error when I submit my application. This could be a Health Inspector dream tool. Getting down on their knees could come to a halt with this camera. They could get into all those nooks and crannie spots, when inspecting hotels, restaurants, bars, supermarkets, ect. Then when all those businesses see what their using, they will need one too just to keep ahead of the Inspectors. Look at how much more business for sales with this camera can be generated, since its not just for the construction trade. So is this win a camera entry done???
                Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

Hey Josh, can't seem to get my idea through the win a camera, keeps stopping me with an error when I submit my application. This could be a Health Inspector dream tool. Getting down on their knees could come to a halt with this camera. They could get into all those nooks and crannie spots, when inspecting hotels, restaurants, bars, supermarkets, ect. Then when all those businesses see what their using, they will need one too just to keep ahead of the Inspectors. Look at how much more business for sales with this camera can be generated, since its not just for the construction trade. So is this win a camera entry done???

i have to agree with him one this
                  9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

garager, excellent idea. What error did you get when trying to submit. There have been submissions since this post so I dont think the whole system is down. Maybe the application line was too long. I will open up the field size since it was only 255 characters before. Anyways.. I manually submitted your idea up there. So that entry is in. Error shouldnt happen again even if its a long explaination.

Josh

Last edited by Josh; 02-01-2007, 05:15 PM.

Comment

Man... some of you guys... Lets just say there are some ideas that arent being approved for posting in here Some are valid uses though but I am not puting them up on the list of applications. Dont worry your still entered in the drawing.

josh

Comment

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server error '80040e57'

String or binary data would be truncated.

/SeeSnakeMicro/appsubmit.asp, line 14
                        Well Josh, I've tried 2 more times, and above is what I get, I e-mailed Ridgid and so far no one came back to me to tell me what I should do. All help would be greatfull, I would love to win this tool. Thanks for doing the entry for me Josh, didn't see that part, then its a done deal..........
                        Last edited by garager; 02-01-2007, 05:48 PM.

Comment

I just took care of the problem. It was because the field length was too short on the application description. Should work fine now. I got the email you sent ;-) I'll reply in case you dont get this before then.

Josh

Comment

Oh I want one!! I often Tig weld where I can only get my hands, (sometimes only fingers) in, and use one or several mirrors to see. A disc of #11 or #13 glass on the end, and "tight welding" would be a dream. Imagine being able to present a customer with pictures from the inside of his small dia stainless piping, and save on expensive X-Ray documentation. Examination of the far corners of a water tank for a boat, and letting the customer see that you really did use gas backing, unlike the guy who quoted half the price!
                            I like VASandy's idea of having the pictures or a little video recorded

Comment

Check this out guys... This is the side of the display for the micro at our trade shows. In place of the display on the big micro model is video running in a loop. All video taken by yours truely in my house in about an hr

Josh
                              Last edited by Josh; 05-17-2007, 04:35 PM.

Comment

any idea what the cost may be yet?
                                9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

Working...
                                X