X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our newest coolest tool... win one.

I figured I would leak this to you guys first before we sent out any kind of email blast. I am pretty excited about this launch since I have done a lot of work playing with the prototypes and taking video around my house.

Check it out. http://www.ridgid.com/SeeSnakeMicro/ Enter your ideas of how you would use it. Each idea you enter gets you another chance at winning a seesnake micro. (use the link at the bottom of the page linked above to enter your ideas)

This is a general inspection device... not specificially designed for plumbers. this tool is for everyone.

Josh
    Last edited by Josh; 01-31-2007, 04:46 PM.

Re: Our newest coolest tool... win one.

how much will it be? where will i be able to get, and will it fit thought a hole in an engine sparkplug hole?
    9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

I've entered one idea so far. No doubt I can come up with some more after thinking on it for a spell.
      ---------------
      Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
      ---------------
      “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
      ---------
      "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
      ---------
      sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

it is interesting

i already have a small fiber optic camera. i don't think i've used it 5 times in 3 years. my camera also has the right angle mirror attachment and magnet attachment too. it will fit into a 1/4'' hole.

what are the specs on this new one

and as old slow has asked, what's the price?

nice toy for the kids to spy on each other

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

I added 3 in myself. Looks like Josh beat me to one computer related idea though. So reverted back to my old life in the SemiConductor business.

Josh, might want to have a peek at your appsubmit return page and verify what grammar Ridgid is going for there:

Originally posted by Bad_Grammar???
          Your submission is currently being reviewed before it is posted on the SeeSnake micro web site. If you are selected as a winner in the random drawing, we will contact you via the email address you provided. Please feel free to tell to add another application. The more entries you submit the better your chance of winning!
          Still enjoying all 10 fingers!

Comment

Well I really couldn't use it, unless I went fishing. Not trying to be funny, I'm into wood working. Possibly if someone thinks they lost their ring down a drain they don't have to take apart the p-trap. To me it just doesn't seem long enough for plumbing purposes and I'm sure the price is going to be high for a tinker toy.
            Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

Ooops.. yeah I put the page up about 5 minutes before I left work. Its not released to the public yet so lets count it in draft mode right now. Thanks for the heads up though Ill fix it tomorrow AM.

I used to live on a farm and my grandfather still owns a farm. I want to try looking in some rodent holes to see whats in there. I'll get some of the specs you guys are looking for tomorrow. I'll ask about posting the price. I know it I just don't know if I am allowed to post it yet (I think you'll be surprised).

wwwsmith, I took another video that I didn't post because it probably wasn't too safe since I left the computer on. I used the micro to check what type of ram I had installed. Was able to tell it was pc2700 without taking it out.

oldslowchevy, I am pretty sure it will fit through spark plug holes. Ill get the dimensions on the head tomorrow for you guys. I am sure some of our preferred online vendors will carry it from the get go. Also our traditional distributors should have them.

garager, I'll have to try the fishing thing next year. You can add extensions to the cable to make it longer than the original 3 feet. Would be cool to stick the thing down in the middle of a bluegill feeding frenzy.

Well my wife wants me to get off the computer and spend some time with her now that we got the boys to bed. Catch you guys tomorrow.

Josh
              Last edited by Josh; 01-31-2007, 12:10 AM.

Comment

cool, am interested to know the price as well.. how bis is the screen? i thing 3feet isnt enough though..

Comment

can buy 3 foot extensions for it.

Originally posted by michael stephen View Post
                  cool, am interested to know the price as well.. how bis is the screen? i thing 3feet isnt enough though..

Comment

I submitted a few. I think I might have copied one of your ideas though! Sorry. I know I should look first...but oh well!!

Maybe a dumb question, but what distributor channels will this go through?
                    I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

I realise the tool is ready to go to market...but a hopeful future upgrade would allow the handle-end to save pictures. Put a USB port in it that would allow you to download them to a computer.
                      I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

Originally posted by oldslowchevy View Post
                        and will it fit thought a hole in an engine sparkplug hole?
                        That's what I want to try! I just measured one, and the largest dimension on the head (it is slightly obround) is .665". I'm not sure if that will fit.

I can sure think of all sorts of applications in the garage. I'm always using one of those mirror on a wand and light on a wand getting to the back of hubs, up inside hard to reach areas, inside engines, etc.

Hopefully, I won't be able to look down the spark plug hole and check out the bottom end on my non-running MGA engine. That would mean there's a hole where there shouldn't be one! (It went clatter, clatter, clatter, no oil pressure a couple months ago, and I haven't had time to pull the pan yet.)
                        Steve
                        www.MorrisGarage.com

Comment

Originally posted by smorris View Post
                          That's what I want to try! I just measured one, and the largest dimension on the head (it is slightly obround) is .665".
                          Well that blows the one suggestion I put out there for checking via the TC hole in a semiconductor fab furnace to examine the status of the quartz. That would have been a HUGE money saver as capping the gases, safety checks and pulling the tube out usuallly runs $50k per tool and closer to $75k for the newer ones....
                          Still enjoying all 10 fingers!

Comment

some answers.... well ya beat me to the punch on the diameter.

diameter rounded up to .7"
                            max length (with extensions) 30' that would be 9 additional extensions added. I really dont know how you would control that much unless you are just dropping it down a long wall or vent or something. If you watched the romex example on the application page that would be an instance where I woulda liked to have had a few extra extensions.
                            price... it hasnt been launched yet so we need to hold of a couple more weeks on releasing that info. If any of you find the price out somehow I wont stop you from posting it.
                            weight 1.2lbs

wwsmith, how large is the hole you were talking about in your application?

Comment

Originally posted by Josh View Post
                              If any of you find the price out somehow I wont stop you from posting it.

Well, It will be......

Steve
                              www.MorrisGarage.com

Comment

Working...
                              X