Just can't win

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just can't win

Just my luck, I planned on finally making some sawdust this weekend after approximately a 9 month hiatus and the forecast is for single digit temps, too cold on the fingers in my unheated shop. Urrggg!!

Woodslayer

Re: Just can't win

man sorry to hear that but why 9 months? but you could always but a heater just to knock the chill out. when i lived in maryland my shop had a wood stove in a corner is a closet with a metal jacket around it the had a fan in it the blew the heat though duct work (this system was there long before i bought the house but it did work rather well and with in 30 mins of getting it lit you were opening windows and doors. i will look though the photos i have and see i have a photo of the unit and the name of the manufacture, i know that wont do you much good now but maybe for next year.
    9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

http://www.enterprise-fawcett.com/ca...d_furnaces.php this is not the one i had but it is very close, i hope this will help some one out there
      9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

OSC

Thanks for the info but my shop/garage is already maxed out as far as available space is concerned, I just have to tough it out in the cold. As far as taking 9 months off, I seldom do any woodworking in the summer months since there is so much else to get accomplished in a limited time and usually pick it back up in the fall. But this fall was different, I quit riding motorcycles in the early 80’s when the family came around and now that my daughter is out of college everyone decided it was time I go out and get a new Harley and it has pretty much consumed my life since then. Kind of like when you first start outfitting your shop with all the new tools and accessories, you know all too well how much we like to get carried away in researching stuff. Someday when I get some acreage and a real shop that doesn’t have to coexist with vehicles I’ll have heat.

Woodslayer

Comment

Do you have 240 Volt power in your garage so you can run say a table saw or some other item with a large motor? If yes, you can buy a nice little, yet pretty powerful electric heater to take the real chil away. The little 120 Volt heaters while better than nothing, just don't have enough power to do much in most garages.

Comment

Working...
          X