X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• big cat recue

http://www.bigcatrescue.org/ hey guys and girls i know many of may not do any thing but for those of you that can, this place needs donations to stay afloat and all donations are tax decuctable. i have visted this place a few times (2 hour drive from me) and what they do is truly heart touching. granted i am a cat person when you see them in cages it really is not how good ment for them to live. also did you know there are more tigers in captivite then in the wild? i have nothing to do with this place other than i have visted them and have made a few donations. i hope that some of you will take a moment or two and check there web site out and maybe help out if you can. this is a problem that us humans have caused and maybe a few of us can help make a differnce.

thank.
    old slow chevy.
    kevin.l.h.
    9/11/01, never forget.

Re: big cat recue

Thanks for the link, OSC!! This is just the thing my husband's recording studio, Lion's Rest, will be involved in! These animals are wonderful, wild things. Never should they be pets. Both of us feel strongly about this, and I know it'll be on our list of donations this year. I had no idea people would actually want to have these kinds of animals as pets!!

Some of you may know that I'm a hunter (rifle and bow) and think that kind of activity is not in keeping with this sentiment. Quite the contrary. Hunting fosters the kind of stewarship mentality it takes to maintain the wild areas, and the animals that inhabit those environments. Don't ever think that a wild animal can be a pet. Cute, majestic, furry little critters does NOT translate into house-friendly. Leave them where they are, and take your pictures and your memories. Not the animals. If you hunt, use all you take. Responsiblity for the environment is ours.

OK, time to get off the soap box!!! Sorry for the lecture!
    I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

If you think a wild animal enjoys being caged, think how you would feel locked up in jail, with or without companionship.
      Practicing at practical wood working

Comment

Originally posted by Gofor View Post
        If you think a wild animal enjoys being caged, think how you would feel locked up in jail, with or without companionship.
        Exactly only it's more like "Life in Prison" and for just acting normal. Even domestic pets need room to run around and they need proper care free from abusive conditions.

Note: I'm refering to the people that take wild animals from the wild and take them home or to a place of business only to abuse them. This happens far too much with people that go to a shelter, get a cat or dog only to abuse it. Humans (too many) = evil if there's $$$ in it for them.
        Last edited by Woussko; 02-03-2007, 11:25 PM.

Comment

i hope you guys are not refering to this rescue as a life in prision for these fur balls. they are very well taken care of with lots of visits from the vet, there diet is watched very close and they are givien toys to play with. but sadly none of these cats will ever live free in the wild because some one did buy them as a pet and won't know how to fend for them self. once the cat got to big for them to handle they had to do something and that is how this rescue works but they also to tend to the cats(we have panters and bobcats here in florida) that get injured in the wild here and nurse them back to heath and then returns them free back in to the wild. please spend 20-30 minutes watching there site and learn what they do and why they do it.
          Last edited by oldslowchevy; 02-03-2007, 10:12 PM.
          9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

OSC: In my case, I was referring to the individuals who originally buy or capture wild animals to make pets of them. I realize that those raised in captivity or have spent too long that way are not able to survive in the wild. No slur or criticism of the BigCats Rescue operation was intended, as they are cleaning up the mess others have made and are trying to educate people so that it doesn't continue to happen. Sorry if I caused you concern.

Go
            Practicing at practical wood working

Comment

gofor
              not a biggie i might have just misunder stood what you were saying thats all.
              9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

Working...
              X