X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super Duty Trash Bags

Does anyone know why the Husky Contractor Trash bags at The Home Depot do not come with twist ties? They cost enough that they should come with them as standard. I've tried several other brands and they are not near as good. They bust while the Husky don't. Next to regular cheapo trash bags there's a huge difference. Maybe HD just wants to sell string which they do have.

Re: Super Duty Trash Bags

there "yard bags" do have the string and i feel the are of the same quialty and there is less then a dollar diffence between them
    9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

If Insanityville is anywhere near a Menards, their 3 Mil Contractor Bags are as good as the ones HD sells, come with twist ties and are cheaper to boot. I've used them for years and have yet to burst one.
      Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

I prefer to buy mine at ACE. Good quality and come with ties as well. Plus this weekend they are having a 20% all you can get into one bag sale (at least in my area).
        Still enjoying all 10 fingers!

Comment

That Ace bag sale is a great way to stock up on screws, brass screw inserts, drill bits, small tools, glue etc if you have the finances available.

Last year I fit a ton of small stuff into the bag while watching our Florida seasonal visitors trying to fit window shades and other impossible merchandise into their bag. I spent quite a bit and saved on it all. I still have some of the merchandise available in my parts bins.

If you need to, bring your spouse (or significant other) and let them check out a separate bag. (one bag per customer).

Comment

Unfortunately I will be traveling and won't have the chance to attend. But hope to get a small list together for my wife at the least!

Comment

Thanks to everyone for the info. I don't have a Menards in my area, but wish that I did. I have used the ACE bags and they are pretty good. In my area they have yet to do the "One Bag" sale, but about once a year they do a $100 for all you can get into one of their 20 gallon plastic trash cans. I bring my hand truck and stock up on fasteners, then wheel it out to my station wagon and hand load the stuff into boxes that I take. The trash can goes into the back seating area. I figure I can get about $1000 worth of fasteners and pipe (copper and brass stuff) into that trash can. They only do it for local customers that sign up on their private (just the one ACE store) mailing list. Now that they are on to me, I'm their most hated of all customers. Very few people think about what to put into the trash can. They load it up with light weight stuff. For all of you, maybe sometime you'll get in on the same deal.

Comment

Woussko, I can guarantee you that with the markup hardware stores have on almost everything in their stores that your 10% discount on $1000 worth of stuff still left them with a very hefty profit margin. With very few exceptions, whenever I leave a True Value or Ace store I always feel like I've been ripped off big time.

Comment

Unfortunately all I have is a True Value and an ACE for hardware stores within 50 miles of me, but I do tend to agree with you there B.D.

However I think if you re-read Woussko post, it actually comes out to a 90% discount if he is getting $1000 worth of stuff for $100.

Comment

You're absolutely correct WWS, I misread his post. OK then, that ACE store broke even on the deal.

Comment

You guys are just too much. Maybe it's that time again for all of us to go outside and HOWL???

PS: I know I'm insane and that's what makes life so much fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Woussko View Post
                        Does anyone know why the Husky Contractor Trash bags at The Home Depot do not come with twist ties?... Maybe HD just wants to sell string which they do have.

I usually try to keep a roll of the twist-tie stuff that I got from Wally world (in the garden area.) handy just for that kind of stuff. I'm constantly losing the bread ties, ice bag ties etc. I picked up a couple of those rolls for kitchen, garage etc.
                        Phil
                        Tools Rule

Comment

Phil In the garden department of HD they have nice green wire with a little handy cutter on a roll that works great for that. I use it for the trash bags too. I also keep some string handy. That gets used for all kinds of things some of which I would have never thought about until they just happen. You have the idea about the stuff from Wally World.

Comment

Originally posted by Woussko View Post
                            You guys are just too much. Maybe it's that time again for all of us to go outside and HOWL???
                            I'll bring the drums, that way we can get in touch with our inner selfs as we HOWL and march to a different drummer all at the same time.

Comment

I just put tape on the top.

Comment

Working...
                              X