X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Digital Camera - For whoever was looking for one

I forget who was looking for a good digital camera around 2 bills. Here is a good deal on a digital cam. only 6mp but should be plenty for even high res stuff.

210 bucks shipped.

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/p...9&sku=A0620516

My parents have the Canon SD550 and love it. huge lcd screen on the back and fast. Easy to use as well.

Josh

Re: Digital Camera - For whoever was looking for one

I think mine's the SD410. It's a couple years old now, and I've always been happy with it. Very good cameras!

Comment

My wife and I bought the Digital Rebel XLi this year for taking shots of the boys. Cant wait for summer so I can start taking some good outdoor shots. Digital cameras have come so far in quality and price.

Josh

Comment

Josh

Thanks for the heads up and that was me, I think. I'm spoiled from having used a very nice 35mm SLR type camera where you can swtich out the lens and also you look through the main lens rather than a view finder. I've seen a few pretty nice SLR digitals and am thinking maybe of getting the body and 2 good (real good that is) zoom lenses. I really don't need it, but I think of it more like a little investment. As long as I buy genuine Canon or Nikon lenses, later on if I want the upgrade the camera body or use them on a 35mm film body, I can do so. I have seen some very nice 4 x 6 prints from a compact digital that cost my friend about $175 for the package. I'm just spoiled and want to go all out, but not totally crazy. Actually my little Canon 35mm and my scanner work fine for most of my needs. I'm lazy and hate taking film down to the only good 1 hour place left around (note that I said GOOD) that's about 20 miles away. The other places mess up everything all the time. GRRRR to them. LOL

Josh, How can you stand taking care of all of us and your own children too? We must be like a family of 1000 screaming babies to you.

Comment

I care about the members on the forum so I try and sneak some time in to post. Wish I had more time but this is sorta a side project for me. As it grows it gets more and more attention from the high ups though. Stuff you guys discuss on the forum really gets heard by people who make decisions. I try to push links to people who need to hear too.

You guys arent so bad. Plus the boys dont scream anymore at home. in fact they are sleeping through the night every night.

Josh

Comment

Originally posted by Woussko View Post
            I've seen a few pretty nice SLR digitals and am thinking maybe of getting the body and 2 good (real good that is) zoom lenses.
            Too bad you didn't post this earlier. I just upgraded my dSLR, and had my old one for sale with two lenses. Here's what I was selling. Here's the page of what I now have for my dSLR and accessories. Click on the "Camera Clique" link for the old camera collection.

If the lady (who is now out of town) doesn't buy it, I can let you know.

Steve
            Steve
            www.MorrisGarage.com

Comment

Steve, never knew you were that into photography. The lenses probably cost ya a fortune. I want to get a 70-300 telephoto whould be cool to get IS but costs about 400 bucks more. Right now I just a fixed 50mm. Works great for portraits of the kids.

Josh

Comment

Josh

I'm glad you can get some ZZZs at home now. As for the camera stuff, I always miss out on good personal sales. I have my eyes on some deals at a few local camera dealers. Every now and then they run a sale where the 2nd lens is 1/2 price (their normal) when you buy a digital SLR body and one main lens. I figure that saves me about $100. Another dealer was tossing in a memory card, USB reader for it and 25 professional 4 x 6 prints. You just take your memory card in and they scan it or in my case I would do my own editing and then burn a CD. Most likely I'll use what I have and then sometime get what I really want. A good friend has a simple and pretty nice digital camera. I can always get him to take pics as needed. My big problem is that I need a "Round To It" hanging up on the wall near me. LOL

PS I really want NEW over used. I want that 1 year or longer PS I really want NEW over used. I want that 1 year or longer warranty. BobD had a good point that what I buy now will be outdated soon. I think I can get 5 or more years out if what I have in mind. My 35mm is over 15 years old and still serves most of my FILM camera needs. It's a little simple "Bang Shooter - All in One" Canon.

I want to get a nice new (or really good used) Delta Unisaw (or a mint condition older USA made Powermatic 66) all decked out too, but need more room. I will NOT have it in the garage. NO way It has to be in the house where it's dry and protected. It would be like a family member to me. Only the best of care for it. I need some other good machines too, but that will come only I move out into the country and have a special building for the stuff. Maybe in 10 years if I'm lucky it will happen. For now I can dream about it.

I need to have a long power failure here. That way I won't be blabbering away on this forum. Vacation time
                Last edited by Woussko; 02-13-2007, 04:34 PM.

Comment

For memory cards and card readers check techbargins.com. Many can be had for less than 10 bucks.

I prefer the Sandisk Ultra 2 memory cards. those are usually around 25 bucks per gig. Lenses are stinking expensive everywhere :-/

I wanted the newest out. Thats why I went with the XLi. very happy with it.

Josh

Comment

Originally posted by Josh View Post
                    For memory cards and card readers check techbargins.com. Many can be had for less than 10 bucks.

I prefer the Sandisk Ultra 2 memory cards. those are usually around 25 bucks per gig. Lenses are stinking expensive everywhere :-/

I wanted the newest out. Thats why I went with the XLi. very happy with it.

Josh
                    Josh-

You'll be happy with the resale on good lenses if you ever sell any. If you want a place to check for used camera gear, www.fredmiranda.com is the place to go. It updates like crazy!

Woussko-

Whichever lens you get, make sure you get full frame lenses if you want to use them with your 35mm. Canon (as you mentioned your 35mm) has a EF-S mount, which is not full frame.

Steve-

Very nice setup. You obviously like your primes.

Comment

Paladin2025

Thanks for the info. More than likely I'll stay with my film camera and scanner until both totally fail. Then something totally new will be out that I'm not even thinking about today. What I really need and what I want are totally different. This applies to all things and not just photographic equipment.

What I really need is to hire a trash-junk hauler. I have far too much junk that needs to be gone. Then I need to go live inside an outhouse way, way out in nowhere land. That would insure that I won't keep on being a major PITA to everyone on this forum.

Comment

here's a 2gb Kingston SD card that can be had for 2.99 after Google Checkout ($10 bucks back for 1st timers...very easy to signup) and a $15MIR. make sure you select free shipping.

Kingston 2gb SD Card

2gb and 1gb can occasionaly be had for free after rebate....i have 2 freebies

**here's one for free after a $30 rebate and paypal promotion of $15 off a $30 purchase

Ultra
                        Last edited by CheekyMonkeyWrench; 02-14-2007, 04:05 AM.

Comment

you can get the Canon Powershot SD600 at Circuit City (in-store) for $186.79 + tax.

It's $226.79 on their website, and they have a $40 coupon (printout the web price before you go in).

coupon

Comment

CMW Nice deal there. I wonder if I can use my Papa John's pizza coupon too. If you buy a large pizza and a 2 pack of 20 Oz bottles of coke you get a CC coupon. $10 off anything over $100. Might just be in my area, but it's nice to save a few $$$.

Comment

Thanks everyone for your help and ideas.

I think maybe it's time I back down and save the old $$$ up. I need some other goodies first and then the digital camera.

Comment

Working...
                              X