X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 3 hrs of shoveling

I showed him how to check the oil and it was OK. One other solution I came up with is to buy a Hummer SUT. I have been looking for an excuse to buy one anyway. Now to convince my wife of my need.

Tom

Comment

Damn! I can't believe the guy would have the nerve to not help you out!!

Should have just put it in gear, put your foot into it, and dug some nice deep ruts into whatever it happened to be on top of at the time!

Comment

Reminds me of the time our neighbor was sick back in about '78. He had pancreatic cancer and needed to get to hospital ASAP. I lived at the bottom of the alley that his driveway was attached to at the top. Had just had about a 12-inch snowfall and alley hadn't been plowed and they couldn't get out of garage and down alley to hospital. They called me and asked if I could help. I asked how much time they had before they needed to go. Somewhere around 20 minutes. Had an Ariens 7 hp that was already chained up. Locked differential in and cranked up the engine. Alley was about 1,000 feet before they could get to the street. Cut a couple of swaths up and down the alley so they could just drive in the paths I had cut and get enough traction to drive. Within about 15 minutes their old Chev Impala was bounding down the alley and out to the street - no prob. Unfortunately the neighbor died not too long after, but I felt really good about being able to plow a fast path for them to exit.
        Jim Don

Comment

Ya gotta do whats right

Comment

Working...
          X