• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pickpocketed on internet Auction

Yeh Ha-Ha:
    They got me guys.Last Saturday I drove 3.5 hours each way,to save on
    shipping,to pick-up my $175.00 2.5"-4" threader head.Upon receiving it
    I thought it was a little too rusty,I have accidentally left items in the
    weather too long.This is a solid tool so it should come to life no problem.
    Besides the seller stated "excellent working condition".When I got it home
    it only took a few seconds to realize I was going to be walking bowlegged
    for a few days.It was rusted solid deep through it's internal mechanisms.
    After going back and reviewing the photo and description,I realized the one
    pictured was not the same.

Contacted seller to find out whats up.She took 2 days to format a reply
    with all the smoke and mirrors to appear legal to auctioneers eyes.LIES.
    I can't believe how easy it is for people to steal.HEADS-UP

Re: Pickpocketed on internet Auction

As much of a problem as these thieves are so are the police and DA's who look the other way when stuff like this happens.
    ================================================== ====
    All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

Comment

drty, i do alot of ebay shopping

never been burned bad. most sellers that i deal with have a good track record and feedback. of course there is always the scam artist, but i'm 1 up as they have never gotten my money and have always been reported and dumped. even 1 last week i caught. the guy was stupid enough to use pictures from an auction that i had bid on days earlier.

i've had real good luck on craig's list. i dealwith all locals and see the items in person.

what are you in need of? i probably have 6 of them

don't tell mrs. seat down, she only thinks i have 3 of them

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

This is what I'm talking about,you guys are so accomodating.

Thanks Rick,its the 4P-J,give me a few days to dance with the she devil in the smoked up mirrors.I'm curious if she wants it back to play some more.
        I'll hit up the techs here at ridgid before I consider the lifeline.
        Could you remind me as this tech show approaches,my girlfriend says I have
        short term memory loss.
        The reamer,soft rolled copper bugs me.Looking for the right sizing tool.One
        that is as close to 1 step as possible.REMS got me fishing

Comment

the problem is the 4pj is not as friendly as the newer 141.
          the 4pj requires dies for each size. 2.5, 3,3.5' 4''. it also doesn't make straight electrical threads. ( these would require a lot of pipe dope to seal straight threads, but no lube to tighten)

i would return it and look for a 141.

ps.do you have all the dies for 2.5'' - 4'' if not they are very spendy to purchase

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Rick,
            The type of I plan to do In the commercial area really doesn't have that many special cuts ie. fast food and even large grocery stores are done in
            relation to there sqaure footage.The only reason for the 4p-j was to have something in house for an emergency.I would very much like to have the
            need for the 141.
            I do not understand more pipe dope to seal threads no lube.

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
              Rick,
              The type of I plan to do In the commercial area really doesn't have that many special cuts ie. fast food and even large grocery stores are done in
              relation to there sqaure footage.The only reason for the 4p-j was to have something in house for an emergency.I would very much like to have the
              need for the 141.
              I do not understand more pipe dope to seal threads no lube.
              just a little dig on the thread about pipe dope and teflon/ hydraulics.

pipe dope is a combination of a thread sealer/ filler and a lube. just don't ask big pipes

the electrician use straight threads, not tapered. so to seal a straight thread, you'll need lots of dope to fill the gap. no lube as the threads are loosey goosey

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

Rick,
                It's funny how long it takes for someone to understand what is going on.Let me accelerate this process.The reason I am here is because I tore into the generals little princess electrical contractor.I'm tired of these residential electricions who can't hit walls don't know how to dig,(for an extended period),basicaly premadonas.I have two friends that are sparkys and we laugh at my frustration.It is not there fault I didn't chose the trade that makes the most amount of money for the least amount of money.Anyway
                being I was a representative of someone elses company,and this was there biggest general I will have to wait for another project to be ready.I have done my own custom homes,and tenant improvements under my own license and insurance.The time off has been very insightfull as to pushing the business full throttle.I am a what some would call a hot head.I've always been payed by my honest customers.I believe people deserve what they think they are paying for,thats my best.Whitch is why I appreciate this forum in less than a total of a 24 hour time period I have gained more information than I could have imagined.Now I can pass on even more to the people who are looking for someone who's qualified.I still have a lot to learn.
                now im seeung crosseyed.thank you ridgid forum.

Comment

Working...
                X