• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Explain your Avatar

It's my Baby!!!
    Poplar Branch Wood Crafts

Comment

I have always been a cat lover and the wife got this funny pic of my cat scamp.

Comment

Mine is just a snap I took of some small trucks I used to make out of scrap while unwinding after some of the longer not so fun days at work. She would sell them at the local farmers market with he craft goodies. They hold crayons in holes that are drilled on the top of the trailers.
        Still enjoying all 10 fingers!

Comment

holding the Canadian flag next to heart.....Oh Canada my home and native lad, True patriot love in all thy son's comand ...............
          American by birth. Canadian at heart.

Comment

Mine is a picture of a puzzle I first saw about 20 years ago. There are only two pieces of wood, in my case Ash and Walnut. Both are solid and not cut other than for the dovetails.

I was shown the piece at a woodworking club meeting and it took me about a week to figure it out and make one. Right now I have one sitting on my computer terminal.
            Rev Ed

Comment

The dovetail is a quarter circle right? Thats my guess. Or does it have 4 sides? If thats the case then its magic.

Josh

Comment

Oh! Oh!, I know. Josh could be right if it is only on two sides, but if all four look the same, I know how!
                Steve
                www.MorrisGarage.com

Comment

If its all 4 sides I would need to think longer. I like puzzles like that.

Rev, is it 2 sides or 4. Sorry I am the admin and I am getting my own thread off topic

Comment

Well I said I'd take one of my pictures from the Pinewood Durby and make it my Avatar, so here it is. I wonder if they make tiny bottles of nitro that I can add on for next year race. Second place just isn't good enough when your sporting the Ridgid logo. I know, no cheating.
                    Last edited by garager; 03-22-2007, 05:54 PM.
                    Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

my avatar is my little buddy franklin (hence my name - franklin pug). He is a pug dog and is about 4 years old.

Comment

My handle used to be "snoozinglion" because my wife said I snored just like a big lion

Now I'm awake

Cheers! - Jim

Josh, still can't figure out RevEd's puzzle?
                        I think I've got it...
                        Attached Files
                        Cheers! - Jim
                        -------------
                        All truth passes through three stages: First it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. - Schopenhauer

Comment

My avatar is the flag of the Governor General of Canada.

She is the Commander in Chief of the Canadian armed forces. (not sure many Canucks know that)

I am a big military history nut and have a brother who is a pilot in the Canadian forces so I like to show my support by flying the flag.

Hats off to 'Kevin Smith' on these forums for being the only one in five years of my internet bulletin board career to "get" it.

TC

Comment

Of course, realistically she's just a figurehead and absolute waste of taxpayers money.

At least Jean seems to be doing some good with her Miss Canada crown though. Clarkson just pissed away our money like it was going out of style.

Comment

Originally posted by Wild Weasel View Post
                              Of course, realistically she's just a figurehead and absolute waste of taxpayers money.

At least Jean seems to be doing some good with her Miss Canada crown though. Clarkson just pissed away our money like it was going out of style.
                              Uh-oh. You ,my friend ,are gonna start a fight.
                              I see the Gov-Gen role performing a lot of very useful duties and contributing immensely to Canada. Clarkson and Jean are very different just as Sauve and Hnatyshyn were but all served well.

I think we will need to agree to disagree.

Comment

(shakes head) that was a forum grenade ya tossed there Weasel. We have a lot of Canadians on here.

Originally posted by Wild Weasel View Post

Comment

Working...
                                X