Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: "Hey Josh" Pinewood derby

Originally posted by Josh View Post
    Go for it. If you want me to dig you up some high res images of the logo I could pry do that. I'll be interested to see how it turns out. good luck.

Josh
    Still wait'in on ya, most certainly wouldn't turn down your offer. I will take pictures and post them for everyone, Thanx
    garager@mchsi.com
    Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

Havent had access to our asset gallery over the weekend. I am actually working on digging that image up right this minute.

Give me 10 minutes

Comment

Ok.. here ya go.
        Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Josh
          Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

Just an update, pine wood derby this weekend, and our cars look cool, now if they can only survive till this Saturday without getting wrecked. I'll tell you what Josh, maybe Ridgid would be interested in doing a trade off for the car. How about a X2 18 Volt 5-PC. Cordless Combo Kit for the awesome car. LOL... Pictures this weekend, I'll try to take some with a few of my tools in the background.

Comment

Hey Garager,

ours was this past weekend. We came in 1st too! But really we should have. We took the wooden blank and cut it into a wedge, routed out a groove and filled that sucker up with a steel bar. It weighed exactly 141 grams/ 5.0 oz. We had all four wheels touching the ground too. The bad news is, it took three grown men and a 7 year old to do it. His father didn't have many woodworking tools so my brother helped, a little!

Also, I must admit, it didn't look real pretty. We made four prototypes, painted them different colors and took the fastest one (yellow). At the race, the father took the car and placed in it bag of graphite. Instead of canary yellow, it is now battleship grey.

I look forward to seeing the Ridgid car though. Sounds like you put a lot of effort into it.

Kevin

Comment

Dog dang it!!! I jinxed myself, when I said I hope it makes it till then, well, went downstairs to put another clear coat on it, and what did I find, a dog hair (black) on the nose of the car. Was going to leave it alone, but I just couldn't. Now my beautiful job has got a flaw in it, patched it as good as I can, its not to bad but I shouldn't have said a dang thing... Ya, it was a lot of work into this car, representing Ridgid, its got to look great and hopefully fast. Nice cars usually don't win but you never know. Congratulation Kev Dog and it sounded like you all had fun building and racing. Oh ya by the way, everyone of my kids and wife think I'm pathetic, all that time into my car, but hey thats what I do when it comes to wood.
                Last edited by garager; 03-14-2007, 06:52 PM.

Comment

Make sure we get pics posted up here. I am looking forward to seeing the car.

Josh

Comment

Garager, after the coating dries, hit it with a bit of polishing compound (use a terry cloth rag or cheesecloth and back it with a flat piece of scrap wood). If the surface is real rough or uneven, use a fine grit of sandpaper first. I work in my garage, so have had to "rescue" finishes with dust, bugs, etc in them. A little 320 grit on a sanding block followed by some auto type rubbing or polishing compound can do wonders.

Go
                    Practicing at practical wood working

Comment

I'll do that, thanks.

Comment

I have 16 pictures to show off, but my jpeg is to large, and I'm not a picture wiz with the computer, so what can I do, how can I get these pictures on here, they are running at around 1.68-1.71 MB, and I need to drop down to a max. of 146 KB.??? Help...
                        Last edited by garager; 03-17-2007, 01:57 PM.

Comment

check your PM garager. I'll give you my email address an you can email me a couple of the best ones that I can post.

Josh

Comment

Most of the pictures were sent to you Josh, hope you get them, a total of 3 emails, and took about a 1/2 hour to send them through cable. Hope every one will enjoy the pictures, I sure had a good time building the car and racing it, lots and lots of compliments on the Ridgid car. One guy didn't know that Ridgid sells woodworking tools, he never gets into Home Depot, so potential sale for you and H.D. Another guy asked me if I worked for H.D., and another guy asked me if I would bid on his plumbing in his soon to be new house. I told him I would bid on building it, but lets leave the plumbing to the plumbers. He told me he already has a contractor to build, gave him a business card anyhow. The women there were so impressed with the car, that they would grab their children to show them it. The kids were all wide eyes, jaw would drop and you can hear the word,"wow" softly. It was a great feeling when all this was going on. They did give out a trophy for best design, but no adult could participate in the event. I was happy (tickled pink) just listening to everybody complimenting the car. There are some flaws in it, and I didn't get super detailed as I would have liked to, but it does look nice. Thanks for letting me go with the Ridgid logo, worked out very nicely, the paint was as good as I could get.

Comment

Started a new thread with the pics. Looks great.

http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/showthread.php?p=72167

Josh

Comment

Working...
                              X