X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What A Bummer!

I drove over to Milwaukee today to check out the Wood Works Show. I've seen some posts about people getting some good deals on reconditioned Ridgid stuff at these shows. The Oscillating/Spindle Sander has been mentioned a few times as one of the better deals and I thought if I went early, I was there when they opened the doors, I might be able to pick one up.

When I got inside the hall I scanned the room for the Ridgid booth, ready to make a beeline to it. I saw Delta, DeWalt, Porter Cable, Steel City, Jet, Powermatic, Bosch, and many other specialty vendors but no RIDGID booth.

So RIDGID, what have you got against Milwaukee?
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Re: What A Bummer!

Dave, I have over the years attended shows in three different states and I have yet to see a RIDGID booth at any of them. I think that I have made a remark to that affect here (hoping to get a response from someone at RIDGID) in the past too.

I have encountered RIDGID reps at trade (Plumbing) related shows, and they are great, just never personally seen anyone there to defend the RIDGID name (so to speak) at a WWing show.

Last show I was at in Baltimore, Delta and Porter-Cable had overrun the place. Steel City had a large display too as did General, Powermatic, Jet, and some others I can't recall right now.
    ---------------
    Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
    ---------------
    “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
    ---------
    "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
    ---------
    sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Bob, well I guess it's some consolation to know that Milwaukee wasn't the only city that Ridgid decided to skip. According to The Woodworking Shows website, Ridgid is on the list of exhibitors for this seasons lineup of shows. I'm pretty sure that I remember reading some threads about Ridgid being at the Atlanta show at the end of January.

I know that going to these shows is a huge expense for vendors and in many cases it's also redundant as some products change very little if at all since the day they were first introduced. Because of the ease in finding information on new product over the Internet it's been a few years since I've been to the show but still, it would have been nice to see a Ridgid presence at the show.
      Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Ridgid had a display at the Saratoga Springs, NY woodworker's show last spring. All the reps were friendly and knowledgeable and willing to give out hats. YEA!

Tom

Comment

Working...
        X