X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question on HD sales /grand openings

Down the road from my house we are getting a new HD, tore down the old walmart , and building a big orange box. So my question is do they do anything special for grand openings such as sales and if so how good are they?I ask because some of you guys seem to know the inside scoop on this kind of stuff.Just need to know if i need to start saving up for a spree.
    \"practice is like farting; only you can do it yourself\' and no one can do it for you\"-sawaki kodo (zen master)

Re: question on HD sales /grand openings

You don't need to start saving but a little extra cash will be nice. Usualy they offer special prices on many smaller items to get people to come in and see the store. Like homer buckets for $1 or light bulbs for pennies. Most the big stuff stays the same.

Comment

They just opened a HD near my house and the grand opening had free cake and coffee

Comment

Home Depot sucks!!! Just got back from there, 3 stinking checkout people in the entire store, including the garden shop!! Now I see why Lowes is gaining speed!!! I hope HD goes belly up and blows away like Monkey Wards did. Pissing off your customer base is not a good business model!!!

Mark
        Congratulations to Mr. "the sky is falling" Al Gore, nominated the new Village Idiot!

Comment

Take a trip to Lowes the grass isn't any greener they suck too.

Comment

Yeah depot sucks with their "automated" checkout - no one seems to work there! Always a mess too!
            I like Lowe's - much more organized and cleaner, with actual check-out registers!

Comment

Here in Insanityville, Lowes are better lighted, less of a mess and they do have more humans at checkout. Walmart has me very very POed as it takes far longer to checkout than to load the shopping cart. Checkout there is always very under staffed.

Comment

Working...
              X