X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Husky Hammer Warranty???

Craftsman stopped making their " big framing hammers" about a year ago......at that time i shopped around and bought a big-ole Husky framing hammer, which i LOVE, more than my old craftsmans...

It said "Lifetime warranty" on the hammer when i bought it a little over a year ago.......well after about a year of use, and millions of spikes later, it is not so pretty anymore......that waffle pattern is hardly on the face anymore, and the handle now looks like a rough sawn piece of wood.

I was wondering if HD/Husky is like sears.....Can i take in whats left of my hammer and get a Shiny new one??????

I used to trade in my Craftsman hammer every year or two....will Home depot do the same as sears????

Thanks,
    Jon

Re: Husky Hammer Warranty???

I think it depends on the HD and the person you get stuck with.
    I had a husky utility knife that fell apart after a short period. I went to HD to exchange it and the girl at the returns told me that I had to send it to the manufacturer. I went and grabbed the same knife off the shelf and showed her the print on the back of the package that read:

"The Husky Lifetime Warranty guarantees your product against defects in material and workmanship. If a product is defective, Husky will replace it free of charge. Simply return the product to any The Home Depot store. The Husky Lifetime Warranty applies to all hand tools and mechanics tools."

She swapped it out for me.

Comment

By your description of the shape of that hammer it sounds more like normal wear and tear to me than a defect in material or workmanship and wouldn't be covered by Husky's Lifetime Warranty.
      Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave View Post
        By your description of the shape of that hammer it sounds more like normal wear and tear to me than a defect in material or workmanship and wouldn't be covered by Husky's Lifetime Warranty.

Thats what i figured.......Oh well, i think i may try a Titanium Stiletto this time around

Thanks,
        Jon

Comment

go to www.stanleyworks.com get there service number and call them they are replacing a set of box ratches and they donot want the old ones back

Comment

Originally posted by JCG Construction View Post
            Thats what i figured.......Oh well, i think i may try a Titanium Stiletto this time around

Thanks,
            Jon
            Make sure you look good at the handle. I bought one a few years ago and was nailing LVL's together with 20's and next thing I know the head went flying.

Comment

When I was running a hardware department for HD I would instruct my employees to accept any husky tools brought back because I never had any issues getting credit for them. HD claims that husky tools have the same warranty as craftsman tools. If sears will replace old hammers I'd expect HD to do the same.

Comment

As long as its an "on the shelf" item you shouldnt get any hassles.

HD covers Husky the way that Sears covers Craftsman. The only difference being that (when you purchase a set) HD just doesnt have the selection that HD does.

Comment

Working...
                X