X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Becomming an orange apron tomorrow.

as a part-time customer service Rep. this should be fun. I just hope I can make a diffrence in the customer service that people recieve from HD.
    American by birth. Canadian at heart.

Re: Becomming an orange apron tomorrow.

Good stuff, change em from the inside out!

Good luck with the position, I wish they gave employee discounts but then I'm sure all of us on this forum would be co-workers!
    A good carpenter makes few mistakes, a great carpenter can fix his own.

Comment

Originally posted by mcarr184 View Post
      Becomming an orange apron tomorrow.
      We'll try not to hold it against ya

Honestly though... good luck with the new job

Cheers!
      Cheers! - Jim
      -------------
      All truth passes through three stages: First it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. - Schopenhauer

Comment

i feel sorry for you but from what i hear times are hard all over ...
        lol
        good luck guy i hope you make a
        difference
        9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

Good luck!! I hope you find it to be a well-run organization. We all wish you the best in your job....mainly for some self-serving reasons! Now we'll know there's at least one good guy on the staff.
          I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

sandy most of them are good guys and girls but sadly most dont have a clue and that is where it is nice to see some one with some knowledge coming in to work there, now if he doesn't get run off that will be the test
            9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

So how is it going over there?

What dept are you in? It really isnt a bad place to work for a p/t job. You will just have to get used to never having free weekends. Ive had various other p/t jobs for other retailers and the benefits of being at HD are nice. Where else can you get sick and vacation time in a p/t job.

Dont let the negativity at this forum get to you, but you shoudl check out www.retailworker.com and find the Home Depot employee forum. PM me if you have any other questions that you want a veterans answer too.

Comment

Originally posted by VASandy View Post
                Good luck!! I hope you find it to be a well-run organization. We all wish you the best in your job....mainly for some self-serving reasons! Now we'll know there's at least one good guy on the staff.
                Hey Hey HEY!!!! Theres at least 2 now, I think we have a few other Orange Aprons on this board also

Comment

Ooooops!!! Sorry about that, Orange! Didn't mean any disrespect. I'm really glad that you and the other "orange men" are here! Please accept my apology.
                  I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

There are some very nice Lady Orange Aprons at the H D near me. They aren't just working at check-out either. I'm sure they do get sick of being abused. Retail = slavery

Comment

Another orange apron here. Reiterating what Orange Apron said. For a p/t job i love it. I get to play with tools, talk to some fun people, help people with their problems. I do like my sick and vacation time as well as 401K and employee stock purchase program for the part timers. None of my other friends who have p/t jobs can beat that.

Comment

Cellar,

Is Carol Wiley your District Manager up there? She was a store mgr in West Allis before she got promoted> She was really cool to work for

Comment

What's a DNR, as listed as your occupation?
                          the dog

Comment

Originally posted by Orange Apron View Post
                            Cellar,

Is Carol Wiley your District Manager up there? She was a store mgr in West Allis before she got promoted> She was really cool to work for

No, she's just the DM of the stores just north of me. I've got Bill Lapin. I've meet both of them and Carol seems like a great person, please don't get me started on Bill though.

Comment

Well plumbdog10 DNR is the Department of natural resources and at HD they are putting me in the electrical department to get my foot in the door but with the way HD's are around here I will probably be bounceing around departments LOL
                              American by birth. Canadian at heart.

Comment

Working...
                              X