X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• U.S.P.S. New Rates on 05/14/2007

On May 14, 2007 there will be rate increases for sending most items via the U.S. Postal Service. You can find lots of good information on their web site here.
    http://www.usps.com/ratecase/welcome.htm

In addition would do well to download and print out the special file/document on this rate change.
    http://pe.usps.com/RateCase2007/DMM3...tesAndFees.pdf

Most of us will be needing 2 cent stamps to add on to 39 cent stamps used on letters.
    Post cared will be 26 cents. Envelopes of standard sizes for letters will be 41, 58, 75 and 92 cents per ounce. There will be an additional fee of 17 cents for oversize envelopes or any that can't be machine fed.

For people sending things by Priority Mail, you'll be needing 55 cent stamps to add to Flat Rate envelopes and $1.05 stamps to add to Flat Rate boxes. The new rates will be $4.60 and $9.15.

I bet there will be long lines at the Post Offices as many people won't be able to figure out the new rates or they won't have the correct add-on stamps. I'm lucky that the PO near me has automated self service 24/7. It's no good for under $1.00 items, but they will have up big signs telling the new rates. Be sure to buy any needed stamps now. Don't wait or they will sell out soon.

I bet that FedEx and UPS will be adding to their rates soon as well.
    Last edited by Woussko; 03-29-2007, 03:56 AM.

Re: U.S.P.S. New Rates on 05/14/2007

Thanks for the heads up woussko. I always end up buying stamps then finding out I have 2 weeks to use em up.

Josh

Comment

Re: U.S.P.S. New Rates on 05/14/2007

Josh

You just end up doing what everyone else does. Use them along with another stamp for the additional postage. I just stocked up on 2 cent stamps. I have loads of 39 cent Flag stamps already. I bet this may help the sales of FAX machines.

Comment

Working...
      X