Plumbdog10, and Everyone

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plumbdog10, and Everyone

Thanks for ruining this forum for me, I left it alone the first time you tried to trash me. There is a wise gentleman here who asked me to leave it alone and don't let it bother me, so I did. Twice though, I will say what I have to though. I haven't the foggiest notion what I said or done to you that your now singling me out. You first told me I have a big ego, yet you don't even know me, and you would never want to be my son, come on now, what is this all about! I was really enjoying being part of this forum, discussing things, giving pointers, and learning, now thats all shot to hell. How can I be part of something, when every time I speak your going to be there to trash me, not cool. As far as the calender issue, I couldn't care less what you think about that story, I own almost $2000.00 of Ridgid tools right now and thousands of dollars of other brand tools, and thats not including what I have bought in the past and had stolen or lost or broke, so for you to get all hussy about a pipe wrench, that ruined my snowblower auger is strange.I am not your weekend woodworker, and I do have years in the plumbing field also. You have been part of this forum much longer than I have, so I'll bow out gracefully, this is your forum and you can push out who ever you feel like by doing this crap. I'm not a person to go running with my tail between my legs, but I don't need or deserve this kind of aggravation. I get enough from my crew and my kids, I don't need it from someone I don't even know. Thanks everyone here who gave me pointers and tips, I enjoyed being part of this while it lasted, I'm really sorry to say I have to leave, but I can see that plumbdog10 is not going to leave me alone, I'll find another forum where hopefully I'll be welcomed. Strange this is my first and only forum I have ever belonged to on the internet, and I got chased out by 1 individual. You all take care and keep on woodworking.... Plumbdog10 last note, I sure hope you don't do this to anyone else in the future, you don't even know us but you can be judgmental because why, you didn't like the way I responded to other people questions, I was never rude, or mean to anyone, so if there is someone here who thinks this than I'm sorry and apologize right now, I'm really more humble than a big egotistic a-@#%!. Good Bye you all, maybe I'll see one or two of you in another forum... I apologize to Josh for I don't know what, but thanks and keep the calender Josh I'll feel guilty for receiving one thanks to plumbdog10, I didn't pay for that wrench so I don't deserve it.
    Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Re: Plumbdog10, and Everyone

I have no idea what this is about, but give it a second thought about leaving. There always seems to be atleast one person that rubs people the wrong way. With age, hopefully we learn to let them do their thing and ignore them. Sorry to see you leave, but believe me, I understand. Been hassled on other forums for stupid things too.

Mark
    Congratulations to Mr. "the sky is falling" Al Gore, nominated the new Village Idiot!

Comment

garager, slow down

i'm aware of the stuff that dog posted. let it be know that dog is dog. you're not the first or last person to be trashed by the dog. anyone that's been on this forum for any time knows that this is the way dog is. i, we, even have tried to invite hime to a upcoming trade show that some of us will be attending, including josh. last response is he doesn't want to meet any of us

not sure exactly why, but it's just the way he is. i know it's tuff to be singled out, but everyone who reads this will understand your frustration.

oldslowchevy was the last person to get bitten by the dog

he's gets on me sometimes, and i just go with the flow.

maybe the dog needs to be put on the porch for a week before we open the door for him

don't leave on account of 1 person, 1 animal

rick.

ps. dog i still like to read your post and enjoy the debates, but ease up on all the non plumbers. thanks, rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

The problem as I see it is that Garager responded to a post in the PLUMBING forum although he is not a certified plumber. Shame on him! Even if the subject doesn't require plumbing expertise, he should never have invaded the inner sanctum.
        Garager: Just a word of advise: The plumbing and electrician forums are off limits to anyone without a certification in the trade, even if the someone is one of the people that is a customer and pays their wages and without whom they would not have a paycheck to support their families.
        Kinda like when you were in high school and not allowed in the Varsity locker room.

Go
        Practicing at practical wood working

Comment

Originally posted by Gofor View Post
          The problem as I see it is that Garager responded to a post in the PLUMBING forum although he is not a certified plumber. Shame on him! Even if the subject doesn't require plumbing expertise, he should never have invaded the inner sanctum.
          Garager: Just a word of advise: The plumbing and electrician forums are off limits to anyone without a certification in the trade, even if the someone is one of the people that is a customer and pays their wages and without whom they would not have a paycheck to support their families.
          Kinda like when you were in high school and not allowed in the Varsity locker room.

Go
          Hmmm, guess i"m gonna have to go visit some other Ridgid forums. I never take "don't go there!" very serously!!! LOL
          Congratulations to Mr. "the sky is falling" Al Gore, nominated the new Village Idiot!

Comment

The only person that's got any business telling people where they may and may not post is Josh. This forum is property of The Ridge Tool Co. They and they alone are the ones to kick out foul acting members. If we don't like a posting, we can say so, but we must not damn the poster. That only comes if it's pretty obvious that the poster is only on here to cause trouble. In that case a good many regulars need to all take a stand.

What we must not do is to claim we are licensed and/or certified when we are not. Asking for profesional advise or giving people ideas isn't a bad thing. We do need to always think about safety. The problem here is in no manor limited to "The Dog". There were/are others that have driven away members. Then there are members that are too much little babies and will not stand up when needed. I really wish people would just roll with the flow. How many times in real life have we both cussed people over almost nothing and also been cussed out for nothing? I my case it's loads of both. Let "The Dog" howl. I know I howl far too much myself, but I try not to aim directly at anyone. We can all get along fine if we try. People that leave just because someone howls (more like GRRRRRRR) at them need to realize the rest of us didn't want them to be gone.

Comment

garager, I would be very sad if you left I appreciate your enthusiasm and participation, and your car. I am not sure what posts this is over but I am sure something exists. Regardless of your request you are getting the calendar if you want it or not since you participated in that thread. You can throw it away if ya want .

I have been bitten by dog in the past too. He can be a bit gruff and mean spirited every once in a while but he still adds some flavor and expertise to the forum in a weird kind of way. People that have been around long enough know him and the way he is and take is comments in good humor. He really is a good guy, he just has some rough edges.

A forum is a weird community. You have to make a lot of assumptions about people and let some comments slide of your back. You say this is the first forum you have joined but you regrettably have to leave... I think you'll be hard pressed to find a forum as friendly and well behaved as this one. Our dog just has a bit of a bark.

Hope you don't go.

Josh

Comment

I think GoFor's comments were tongue in cheek Everyone is free to post where they want. Ya do risk the dog barking a bit though.

Originally posted by Woussko View Post
                The only person that's got any business telling people where they may and may not post is Josh. This forum is property of The Ridge Tool Co. They and they alone are the ones to kick out foul acting members. If we don't like a posting, we can say so, but we must not damn the poster. That only comes if it's pretty obvious that the poster is only on here to cause trouble. In that case a good many regulars need to all take a stand.

Comment

A couple of things...I learned the power of the written word a long time ago online. Sometimes things seem a lot harsher than intended when vocal inflections and eyebrow raising is not involved, and the casual sort of convo on a forum can have people surprise themselves with unintended meaness. Second, my pappy always told me there are a lot more horses asses in the world than there are horses and you will meet up with some of them.
                  I don't apply either of these to plumbdog because I don't know him. I do know he has had a few run ins so can't he claim ignorance, but I also know he is pretty funny sometimes and have seen him taken the wrong way before. Either way, who cares garager? I like reading your posts. I like getting your perspective. What Josh says is true, this is a VERY friendly forum compared to others...you'd be surprised what anonymity can bring out in people.

All I'm saying is write off the BS, don't write off the forum.
                  A good carpenter makes few mistakes, a great carpenter can fix his own.

Comment

Hey donkey, oops I mean dog , how about growing up a bit and stop playing the bully. I've read enough of your pompas replies. You are a one man legend in your own mind.

Kinda grabs ya don't it, I bet your mad as a dog right now . How does it feel? How about you try to lighten up a bit.

Comment

(psst) i really dout he cares any) and all i have to say is this ...............meow . now chase me mut
                      9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

Originally posted by Gofor View Post

Go
                        So ceritified electrician and plumbers are only allowed to respond in those forum. Where does it say that?

Also Ceritified does not mean knows all.
                        http://www.cgiconnection.com/download

Comment

Originally posted by PIPES View Post
                          Hey donkey, oops I mean dog , how about growing up a bit and stop playing the bully. I've read enough of your pompas replies. You are a one man legend in your own mind.

Kinda grabs ya don't it, I bet your mad as a dog right now . How does it feel? How about you try to lighten up a bit.
                          you are right pipes nobody likes a bully and a now it all.
                          i hate it when some one puts them self on a pedestal and thats him .
                          so i sit back and have a good laugh and there will be a day when he falls and will need a hand to get up and we can all say i would help but you may bark at me SO NO HELP FROM ME

pipes you wont see this on the other site we are on right
                          Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
                          http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
                          http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

Garager, I don't know what any of this is about. I don't visit the plumbing section often, and generally only to search for an answer to something.

I do know that you have participated in many discussions, and your input has been helpful. Your opinions and participation is definately appreciated by those of us with the half-a-brain it takes to be normal human beings. From the looks of the posts on this thread, sounds like dog has "screwed the pooch" in trying to mess with you and others!!!
                            I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

Garager may be leaving for more than just one reason. He might be back under a new name sometime. Sometimes members to get into howling, but for someone to up and leave normally is because of more. I have seen where the same person has 2 or more names because of having different ISP service. Say one for at work and another when at home. I hope things didn't/don't get too personal. I howl and bark and growl way too much myself. If it bothers anyone, just command me to shut up and run to my "Old Hound Hut" and off I go. I hope Garager reads what Josh posted. His custom made RIDGID race car really is nice and shows the kind of work he can produce. GOOD JOB

Comment

Working...
                              X