X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Josh! - New...

Howdy Josh,
    Post hole Digger!?!?

I just returned from Home Depot and someone had the last of a new-style post hole digger. I was very interested, but it was not this one. It sort of had a compound action.

Do you have any information on this new unit?
    Phil
    Tools Rule

Re: Hey Josh! - New...

aight.. Ill ask probrand what the deal is on this one. Some day we will get every product that has our brand on it up here

Comment

Thanks, buddy.
      I'll see that you get a raise!
      Phil
      Tools Rule

Comment

Josh, did you get to ask ProBrand about the post hole digger?
        Phil
        Tools Rule

Comment

We are still searching down the answer for ya. You sure you arent talking about the post hole digger pictured here?

Comment

Originally posted by Josh View Post
            We are still searching down the answer for ya. You sure you arent talking about the post hole digger pictured here?

Not even close.

The one I saw had a compound action so you can keep the handles closer together as you dig a much deeper hole, and it was a RIDGID.
            If I see it again I'll get some numbers off it. The next one I see I'll just buy.
            Phil
            Tools Rule

Comment

If it's the one I think it might be it's black, has steel handles and is of unique design. Some of the Home Depot locations in the Mid Atlantic area have them now. I'll try to find and note the numbers on one when I can.

Comment

Originally posted by Woussko View Post
                If it's the one I think it might be it's black, has steel handles and is of unique design. Some of the Home Depot locations in the Mid Atlantic area have them now. I'll try to find and note the numbers on one when I can.
                That sounds like it. It's got sort-of orange ergonomic handle grips too. Like I said, If I see one again, I'm buying it.

It also looks similar to the unique Fiskars unit, but much heavier duty. The regular type with the fiberglass handles I've already got. But they suck at digging deep unless you really widen the top of the post hole.
                Phil
                Tools Rule

Comment

Phil

Give me a day or two and expect some info on it. The one I saw at HD that's the "heavy duty" by Ridgid sure seems to me like what you are looking for. If I needed such a tool, I would have grabbed one of them myself. It did look well made and much better than the low cost junkers. I think Josh can help once I get the bar code number(s) and any other info I can about it. If nothing else, you'll have some info to take to your H D if they remember what customer service is there.

Comment

The Home Depot near me doesn't have them, but when I get to the bigger HD where I saw them, I'll try to get more info and will post it here. I wonder if this is a test item and only so many were made.

Comment

All,

My apologies, we are late on this one. We did launch a new post hole digger this year. It is a "knuckle saver" and works very efficiently. I'll see what I can do to get it up on the site quickly.

If helpful for any reason, the SKU is 850-539.

Thanks for your support of RIDGID.

Comment

wow and this little bit of info only took 20 days to get??? am i the only one that sees something wrong with that, ot is it just me?
                        9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

Originally posted by oldslowchevy View Post
                          wow and this little bit of info only took 20 days to get????
                          Hey dude,
                          RIDGID is a big, complex organization and therefore it moves at the blinding speed of a glacier.

BTW, Thanks ProBrand.
                          Phil
                          Tools Rule

Comment

trust me i didn't mean to offend anyone but a week sould have been enough and 10 days would have been a push, after all this is a new product, not like you were looking for something that is 5 plus years old and now people would have to hunt for it. i under stand that ridgid is very large but it should be like this ...... web site,and stores should have the infor and stocked before a single one in bought.... this is my number one complaint about ridgid.
                            9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

the post hole digger cost 46.00 dollars only 10.00 dollars more than the knuckle busters next to them.

Comment

Working...
                              X