X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 18v Drill/Jigsaw combo - good deal?

My local HD has a couple of these Ridgid combos on clearance for $159 and I need someone to convince me that this is a good deal. The hammer drill will be an extra for me (hey, if one is good, then 2 is better), but I really need the jigsaw...... and a couple of extra batteries would be really nice.

So, deal or no deal????
    Baseball is wrong - man with four balls cannot walk.

Re: 18v Drill/Jigsaw combo - good deal?

deal! I was looking all over for said combo around Christmas, but to no avail. I just won my NCAA bracket, so I might have to jump on that if I see in my local HD

Comment

Originally posted by joe_d View Post
      My local HD has a couple of these Ridgid combos on clearance for $159 and I need someone to convince me that this is a good deal. The hammer drill will be an extra for me (hey, if one is good, then 2 is better), but I really need the jigsaw...... and a couple of extra batteries would be really nice.

So, deal or no deal????
      Deal?

Lets see. Two extra batteries...$70 a piece if bought in store. Jigsaw....$119 if bought in store. Drill. Charger.

Heck if you wanted, you could sell the drill for $45 bucks on Ebay. Probably could get $35 per battery. Maybe $20 for charger. How does $25 dollars for the jigsaw sound?

Comment

Originally posted by Disaster View Post
        Deal?

Lets see. Two extra batteries...$70 a piece if bought in store. Jigsaw....$119 if bought in store. Drill. Charger.

Heck if you wanted, you could sell the drill for $45 bucks on Ebay. Probably could get $35 per battery. Maybe $20 for charger. How does $25 dollars for the jigsaw sound?
        Yeah, definitely a "duh" moment. I tend to have those. I just couldn't find the everyday price on that combo so I could see how much dough I would be saving. Off to HD this afternoon!!!

Comment

Yeah, definitely a "duh" moment. I tend to have those. I just couldn't find the everyday price on that combo so I could see how much dough I would be saving. Off to HD this afternoon!!!
          You are right to think about it. It is too easy to get sucked into the "Its on sale." mentality.

My problem is I grab a deal like this then don't get around to dumping the tools and batteries I don't need on Ebay.

If you already have one drill and a couple of batteries guaranteed for life, how many more do you need? You don' have to answer that. It was rhetorical. I, on the other hand, should.

Comment

Funny! I keep asking myself the same darn question. How many (blanks) do I need? I have no idea. I figure when I get there, some kind of "full meter" will light up in my head and I will raise both arms with clenched fists in victory and celebrate with a beer. Unfortunately, I am not very close. As far as batteries go, I would like to get one per tool, plus at least one extra (and that's the only area where I am clear). Maybe I need two extra!?

Ok, maybe I am not so clear, but if my wife needs all of those shoes, I need more tools. And since I can fix any of her shoes with my tools and/or duct tape, I think she should buy less, so I can buy more. I second my own motion!!!

Comment

Ok, maybe I am not so clear, but if my wife needs all of those shoes, I need more tools. And since I can fix any of her shoes with my tools and/or duct tape, I think she should buy less, so I can buy more. I second my own motion!!!
              I just won an argument with my girl regarding tools and it scares me a little. I wanted the fein multimaster because nearly everyday I find a use for it at work where it could have saved me a lot of time. I started reporting each of these findings to my girl when I got home. Finally I swung for the fences and told her that since we both knew I was going to get it sooner or later it should be sooner because each day I DON'T have it it is costing me money and time, and since the price will not likely drop but go up I would be saving money every day I have it in my possession.

It was delivered by Amazon today...

I have to say that since my girl has been helping me on jobs she is a lot more sympathetic to my tool desires. The part that scares me as I said before is that she was my brakes...I may have to grow a conscience of my own now!!
              A good carpenter makes few mistakes, a great carpenter can fix his own.

Comment

Working...
              X