X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New rumour of the day....

Well for those of us dismayed to learn of HD possible "new policy" to drop the tool displays and/or looking for another outlet to purchase Ridgid tools my buddy said that Ferguson Tools is going to test launch a new outlet either in stores with enough floor space or new stores. This will be a showroom for most of the Metal, Plumbing and Wood working tools for the lines that they carry which include Ridgid.

I guess they just finished assembling the Ridgid TS3650, planer and jointer today in the store in Phoenix, AZ. This new showroom is to be something like a toy room where the customers will be allowed to "try before you buy" with most of the safer toys including drills, impacts, NaviTrak, ProPress, SeeSnake and others. The Micro SeeSnake may not be available at that store as I guess a guy came in and was willing to pay double price he wanted one so bad so they sold their last one (the display)!

There are to be two test stores, one in Phoenix and another in the East somewhere. My buddy wasn't sure of the other as he only oversees the Southwestern states for Ferguson. He is also eyeing San Diego next. The one in Phoenix is to open on or about April 15th. And I guess as a possible jab to HD for dropping the Hughes line they are also going to offer the same or better prices as what HD is offering with the current Home Depot Tool Sale going on which will apply to all the tools in the store.

And for those in the Phoenix area, I guess Miss Dewalt and Miss Milwaukee are scheduled to be onsite the first week of opening to help assist in the view.....

WWS
    Still enjoying all 10 fingers!
Working...
X