X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chat room review

once everyone picked a color (never thought i would see a fight over pink until tonight) to type with the conversation was more of a hi how are and how does this work kinda time. we all had some fun and with no spell check it can be quite ummm interesting to say the least. now if i could just get papadan to stop calling my old truck a planter . lol. we had about 10-12 people in there but only 5-7 at any one time. i think once this takes off if it takes off it would be nice if it would be "ridgidtized"(is that a word?) with ridgid colors,ect. i see this as a tool to help people and here is an example...... i am putting together the ts 3650 and i need help i post on here my question then some replies with an answer / question the i reply with an answer / question. and now it goes on and on for 6hours or more now these same two could have jumped off of the board and hit the chat and had the problem worked out in 15-30 mins. we all said tonight that this can and will be useful. heck we even thought josh would drop by but maybe next time . and josh there are a few bugs to be worked out but all in good time. and thanks.
    9/11/01, never forget.

Re: chat room review

I was at a church service so unfortunately couldnt stop by. I do have plans on making this look more ridgid and calling it Ridgidchat instead of FlashChat for the link at the top. I will stop in on some planned chat times. I look forward to planning some cool events and discussions.

Have a great easter,

Josh

Comment

I like the meet George Jetson tune when you join.
      SSG, U.S. Army
      Retired
      K.I.S.S., R.T.F.M.

Comment

I had a little trouble at first-trying to figure out what to do. But, as usual, fellow "Ridgiders" helped out. I think it will be great.

Comment

just as i said. mrs. seat down caught me posting, no shower, and didn't even get that twinky before she got home.

rick.

ps. she did bring home the tacos

had fun in the mass confusion. need to type and read faster to keep up with the big boys.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
            just as i said. mrs. seat down caught me posting, no shower, and didn't even get that twinky before she got home.

rick.

ps. she did bring home the tacos

had fun in the mass confusion. need to type and read faster to keep up with the big boys.

you can send me my Twinkie and jack in the box tacos in the mail just over night them my mouth is still watering
            Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
            http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
            http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

Originally posted by HVAC HAWK View Post
              you can send me my Twinkie and jack in the box tacos in the mail just over night them my mouth is still watering
              You don't get them till I get my dam coffee. I might patent the Chevy planter box.
              info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

lol yeah since he will be having 300 dollars in left over china man food to live off of it is only fair. i just hope we don't get the twinkie with the micro see snake hole in it. lol
                9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

funny dan real funny ..........................................lol
                  9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

since this is a subject that only the few that have explored the chat know what we are talking about, lets make it juicy.

rick.
                    phoebe it is

Comment

IF (and it's a big one I know) people could calmly discuss their likes, dislikes, or suggestions on improving a particular tool maybe, just maybe, we could entice someone from RIDGID representing a particular power tool to stop in once in a while for some intelligent two-way conversation. We give constructive feedback and they answer questions.

First big problem with discussing suggestions for improvements rules it out before it even starts. It goes something like this;
                      • You have a great idea on improving a tool or a new tool.
                      • You bring it to the chatroom or post it here on the forum.
                      • Someone at RIDGID picks it up and runs with it -OR- someone (or some group) at RIDGID is already working on the same problem or improvement.
                      • You at first think this is great, they listened, they're gonna go and fix it.
                      • But then you think about it. You think about the money you could have had if you hadn't so freely given your idea away.
                      • OR; someone else grabs it and runs with it to another manufacturer and applies for copyright protection before you can.
                      • Then the lawsuits start.
                      So it's a bad idea to discuss improvements in such a venue. Better for both sides to do it the accepted way. NDA (Non-disclosure agreement) or other more official and legally safe methods. Too bad it has to be that way. But if you do then don't be outraged when someone makes off with your idea.

Don't mean to sound so negative but that is how it would probably end up I'm sorry to say. That doesn't mean I wouldn't be there and making suggestions too. It's just that I would not expect RIDGID to do anything to compensate me without there being some type of agreement in place or arrived at before the idea went forward past discussion on this forum.

Most of you will probably read this and think I am nuts for thinking this, but I can't help but see it as one possibility. Not the only one, just one of many possible results.
                      ---------------
                      Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                      ---------------
                      “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                      ---------
                      "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                      ---------
                      sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
                        IF (and it's a big one I know) people could calmly discuss their likes, dislikes, or suggestions on improving a particular tool maybe, just maybe, we could entice someone from RIDGID representing a particular power tool to stop in once in a while for some intelligent two-way conversation. We give constructive feedback and they answer questions.

First big problem with discussing suggestions for improvements rules it out before it even starts. It goes something like this;
                        • You have a great idea on improving a tool or a new tool.
                        • You bring it to the chatroom or post it here on the forum.
                        • Someone at RIDGID picks it up and runs with it -OR- someone (or some group) at RIDGID is already working on the same problem or improvement.
                        • You at first think this is great, they listened, they're gonna go and fix it.
                        • But then you think about it. You think about the money you could have had if you hadn't so freely given your idea away.
                        • OR; someone else grabs it and runs with it to another manufacturer and applies for copyright protection before you can.
                        • Then the lawsuits start.
                        So it's a bad idea to discuss improvements in such a venue. Better for both sides to do it the accepted way. NDA (Non-disclosure agreement) or other more official and legally safe methods. Too bad it has to be that way. But if you do then don't be outraged when someone makes off with your idea.

Don't mean to sound so negative but that is how it would probably end up I'm sorry to say. That doesn't mean I wouldn't be there and making suggestions too. It's just that I would not expect RIDGID to do anything to compensate me without there being some type of agreement in place or arrived at before the idea went forward past discussion on this forum.

Most of you will probably read this and think I am nuts for thinking this, but I can't help but see it as one possibility. Not the only one, just one of many possible results.
                        I think Bob D. is making sense here, in regards to tool ideas. If you had a real working idea, which judging from the posts I see, would be few to none, you would draw it up and present it in person-----with an agreement in place.

My overall impression of the chat room is: couldn't care less. I'm on the forum at 5:30 AM weekends, and other odd hours when no one else is. There are only a handfull of people on this forum that can come up with a decent paragraph, let alone a conversation.
                        the dog

Comment

And It Ain't Me

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
                            And It Ain't Me
                            It ain't me either, drtyhands.
                            the dog

Comment

well we did have a good conversation and had a good time with no fighting
                              Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
                              http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
                              http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

Working...
                              X