X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• topics

come on guys some one come up with a topic that they want info on and a time that you think will be good for everyone to jump in at. the topic should be related to something that either deals with ridgid tools or what you use them for or even why you use them. just make something up. and lets get this thing going.
    Last edited by oldslowchevy; 04-13-2007, 10:19 AM.
    9/11/01, never forget.

Re: topics

How about some that are kind of like this?

1. Ridgid tool or accessory that I need but just can't find

2. Help Chat - I need help with my Ridgid _____ getting it just right

3. My Ridgid _____ really saved the day for me

4. Here is what I need to get done but which tools would be best to use

5. Josh is GRRRRREAT and here's why

6. New main topics/areas for the Ridgid forum that we want Josh to setup

7. With the way things are at Home Depot anymore maybe all of us should ______ until they change

Just a few ideas and my less than 1 cent worth

Comment

Originally posted by Woussko View Post
      How about some that are kind of like this?

5. Josh is GRRRRREAT and here's why

Just a few ideas and my less than 1 cent worth

brown noser

just kidding and i could not help myself ......... lol
      9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

OSC

LOL

Actually my big nose is black and wet.... I'm an old howling hound here.

Comment

Good idea oldslow. we need some topics and what time works best for everyone. I am gonna be darn busy and in and out of town the next few weeks but starting in Early May I am gonna set something up. I will try to drag some Ridge people in as well. Even if its just a kickoff or something where everyone gets to know how the chat flows. I have enjoyed the few times I have been on so far. I just gotta get it looking a little more Ridgid when I get a chance.

Throw out some ideas and we'll set some up.

Josh

Comment

Originally posted by Josh View Post
            I just gotta get it looking a little more Ridgid when I get a chance.

Josh
            How about putting a splash screen in the corner with all the Ridgid tool calendar girls. That might help get some things a little more "Ridgid".

Regards,

Comment

Viewing your profiles could be a topic, Group Memberships, whats that all about, am I a member at the local watering hole, am I suppose to add something in it or does Ridgid take care of that for me. Do we go to WW area of lounge area.
              Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

Some more chat topic I'd like to see:

What new tools does Ridgid have on the board?
                This is more or less a chance for Ridgid to throw out what they're working on to give us a bit of a "teaser", plus a chance to get input from those that purchase and USE the tools on what features and changes we'd like.

Tool improvement ideas
                This topic is meant per tool. Say one week, a discussion on the TS2400. Next week, the BS, etc. It would be a chance for those of us that use the tools to tell others what changes/improvements we've done or made ourselves, plus give Ridgid an idea of what features and changes to make to existing product lines. Basically it's Woussko's topic 2...just with a little more detail.

The chat is a great new tool, Josh! There's so much potential in it that we're going to have to be careful how we use it. I feel some general rules will have to be made and followed. Post an agenda for the chat with the times listed specifically. These can be relatively fluid times, so in case something important comes up, that section can run a little longer. A moderator MUST be identified right up front, in the forum post on the topic. That moderator (most likely Josh) will have to have the power to remove people from the chat if required. I'm sure as we move along, more of the how-to will work itself out.

Thanks very much for doing this for us, Josh! It's things like this that keep me going to Ridgid for tools rather than another manufacturer. I know I can get information and help on my Ridgid tools here, and get good feedback.
                I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

but ....but...... but... i'm the one the made this sujestion way back in january.lol if i can't get any thanks then josh need to send me a t-shirt (xxl)lol. oh well i can't win them all. and sandy i love the "tool improvment" idea but the "new tools" might be a hard sell since tool companys tend to be pertty much closed mouth about that sort of thing.
                  http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10268
                  Last edited by oldslowchevy; 04-14-2007, 04:23 PM.
                  9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

I'm doing a little OSC IS THE BEST dance!!! I hadn't realised (or maybe I forgot) this was your idea. Thank you, OSC!!!

You're right about the new tools topic. To discuss that kind of thing, there's usually NDA's involved...which means lawyers...which means not happenin on the INTARNET! If Ridgid is interested, I'd be happy to sign an NDA and test out new tools. I'd probably provide more feedback than they want tho...oh well!!!

So, for the time being, while Josh is busy with kids, travel, and all the Ridgid type things he's gotta do, let's see if we can do a topic on "what improvements have you made to your 3650 and how did you do them?" Whatcha think?
                    I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

works for me Sandy and OSC
                      Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

ttarr
                        I just PM you, I'll be in and out through out the day, let me know what you would like me to do....

Comment

i draw a blank on ideas but i am willing to join up i dont have proper heat in my shop yet so i do not work alot in cold months. henceforth i dont pay no mind to shop stuff lol. i would however enjoy chatting about ridgid and i know i will flow with topics at that point.

Comment

How About Hellcats And Those Who Where Involved With Them

Comment

This kinda goes along with some other suggestions made earlier, but I would like to see a chat with or a post from someone in marketing or sales which can enlighten us on the strategy currently in place whereby there are few if any accessories available in the store (HD). Since RIDGID has made the choice to market their WW'ing Power Tools through one retailer why is the full line not available through them? Why in so many cases are the salespeople "out of the loop" and have little is any knowledge about the new tools coming out or the status of the current line? Why are accessories essential to performing operations safely on the tool not available for purchase with the tool or included with the tool? Why after a couple years is the manual boxed with the TS-3650 not updated or replaced with the one on the web site which has better information on setting up the TS?
                              • When people are looking to other manufacturers to purchase riser kits for their BS something is wrong.
                              • When people come on here (the Forum) asking where they can find this or that accessory something is wrong.
                              • When the average person can not figure out the assembly of a tool from the included instructions and has to resort to asking for help from venues such as the Forum (not that I am against helping them via the Forum) there is a problem somewhere.
                              • When a potential purchaser goes to the one place where they can buy a RIDGID WW'ing Tool and the salespeople can't answer their questions something is wrong.
                              • When someone does manage to order a part or accessory why is the wait so long?
                              So could someone post how RIDGID or HD thinks the current marketing strategy benefits the Consumer or RIDGID? Or maybe join in or even just monitor a scheduled chat about this subject if you can't join in for whatever reason and carry back to management what the general consensus of the forum users is on the subject? This would be a small sample but I would think would mimic what you would find across your entire customer base within a few percentage points.

I know I jump on RIDGID for subjects like this now and then, but if management is not asking these questions of their organization then something is really wrong. I keep bringing it up because I am not seeing any change (positive or negative) over the 3 years I have been on this Forum. If you're moving that slow you'll be bankrupt before you react to the needs of your customers. I'm not interested in seeing RIDGID go under or continue to accumulate the negative opinions generated by their own inaction. I'm trying to wake someone up in the organization and help improve their position in the market. RIDGID might have entered into an agreement for TTI to market WW'ing tools under the RIDGID name. but I think RIDGID has a right and responsibility to itself to ensure that TTI does not damage that name in the process. Because long after the agreement with TTI has been severed for whatever reason, RIDGID is the one who will have to go forward with the tarnished reputation, not TTI. No one (for the most part) knows anything about TTI's part in the process, as far as the average consumer knows it's RIDGID who is manufacturing and selling the tools.
                              Last edited by Bob D.; 04-22-2007, 07:43 AM. Reason: fixed some typos
                              ---------------
                              Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                              ---------------
                              “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                              ---------
                              "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                              ---------
                              sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X