X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burglarized homes

I have been fairly busy and found out today about 4:30pm, that 3 houses in my neighborhood were burglarized, 2 nights ago, No one called us, no one came over to tell us. I found out through the grapevine. Who ever is doing this has not been caught, and the night before these houses were hit, there was an attempt, well someone was home during that one and chased them off. Two houses away and the guy lost damn near all of his tools, so there is more than one person involved. Everything is locked up like Fort Knox right now here at home, and the dog will be roaming around and the gun next to my bed. But what has got me a little ticked off, is my neighbors still haven't said anything to me. I'm sorry for their loss, but they or the police should have warned us by now. Maybe I'll call the cops and find out more whats going on, ya I'll do that right now.

Update, talked to the neighbor and police, there have been 35 homes ripped off this month, police didn't want people to know because its on on going investigation, and they don't want the public to panic and start loading guns. They do believe all these homes that were ripped off, were by the same people. This is a small town, can you believe this s@!t. Well screw them, my guns are loaded, but kept away from the kids, with trigger locks. They are mainly after sonar, down riggers, boats, guns, tools, atv, mostly outdoor stuff. I guess their easier to get rid of, I went "what"! Not after electronics, thats strange. The neighbor was home during the robbery and never heard a thing, nor their dog, stupid mutt.
    Last edited by garager; 04-13-2007, 06:58 AM.
    Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Re: Burglarized homes

time to sit out side in the dark and get them .
    I'm in got my camo and night vision ,they will never know what hit them .
    Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
    http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
    http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

"...Not after electronics, thats strange. The neighbor was home during the robbery and never heard a thing..."

I think you answered your own Q, they are going after the stuff in the garages and sheds and outside because it is less risk and less chance of being detected. Also, legally there may be something that makes it a lesser crime than breaking into someones home, especially if the outbuildings are not locked up.
      ---------------
      Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
      ---------------
      “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
      ---------
      "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
      ---------
      sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

That really sucks!

Since Ive started working at HD there have been several people who come in with their lists of what the insurance company will buy them. It would be a whole 'nother post, but its amazing what the people get for an allowance on some items.

Once I heard that thieves were using a vehicle to push the garage door off its tracks and getting entry that way. Ever since that, when I have the car in the garage the front end is as close as I can get it to the door, or the other car is blocking the front of the garage door (alley parking)

Comment

Originally posted by HVAC HAWK View Post
          time to sit out side in the dark and get them .
          I'm in got my camo and night vision ,they will never know what hit them .
          Hawk you are starting to scare me

Comment

In my area there have been several cases where people were out, came home and found that someone drove through their garage door and crashed into the back garage wall. Whomever did this must have had a tow truck nearby as no one had any idea about the vehicles used. This was mostly done from 2am-4am on weekends. Nothing seemed to have been taken out of the garages, but lots of stuff did get smashed up. County police are keeping all info hush hush until they catch the people doing this *&^%. I say it's time to get out "Yea Old A$$ Blaster" and give them a double dose of rock salt.
            Last edited by Woussko; 04-13-2007, 07:48 PM.

Comment

i really would like to know why the police would like to always keep every thing so hush hush all the time.
              9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

Originally posted by plumbers crack View Post
                Hawk you are starting to scare me
                we had some one get into a work van and took a radio out of a different van 2 houses down from me one night .i saw the cops there and thats what they said so i asked if i can run my dog and see where she takes me . so i did and took here to the van with the radio and wiped a gauze pad on the dash and then put it to here nose and said fined ,off we went up the road to some apartments where she worked all around them but did not leave or pinpoint an apartment so we stopped .the cops have a lot of problems there and kept an eye out there.

they did not hit me or any one that had a motion lite that comes on
                Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
                http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
                http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

Because then you (the general public) don't know how bad a job they are doing catching the crooks.
                  ---------------
                  Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                  ---------------
                  ---------
                  ---------

Comment

Well if the cops broadcast that it would hurt the economy

Perps hear about the cops and lie low
                    Cops have no one to shoot
                    Police lay offs
                    Internal Investigations lay offs
                    Civilian task force lay offs
                    Bullet MFG cut backs
                    Casket sales plummet
                    Funeral homes close

Comment

Originally posted by wbrooks View Post
                      Well if the cops broadcast that it would hurt the economy

Perps hear about the cops and lie low
                      Cops have no one to shoot
                      Police lay offs
                      Internal Investigations lay offs
                      Civilian task force lay offs
                      Bullet MFG cut backs
                      Casket sales plummet
                      Funeral homes close

and then the world becomes an honest place to live again
                      9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

This is what I want to see. The fools come to smash another garage door near me only inside this garage there are huge rocks all over the floor and just on the inside of the overhead door is a big pile of fire wood. Think of what it would be like if you were driving your car or light truck right into all of that. Actually what would be more fun is if the garage were empty other than to have a big pile of nice fresh manure in it. Give them a good old (beep) bath.

I know, I know ,,, Time for my PC to refuse to boot up for a week. This forum really does need a vacation from me.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
                          Because then you (the general public) don't know how bad a job they are doing catching the crooks.
                          I believe whole heartedly with your statement, what we don't know, we cannot complain about. Two more houses were hit since, the last update, that much I know about.
                          Hawk my friend, I don't have night vision, but I do have the camo, and a case of beer after we catch them suckers. I'll have to turn off the motion sensor lights, then they will come around. Maybe put a Ridgid saw out in the open for bait, no one can resist that...LOL...
                          Last edited by garager; 04-14-2007, 06:27 PM.
                          Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

Originally posted by garager View Post
                            I believe whole heartedly with your statement, what we don't know, we cannot complain about. Two more houses were hit since, the last update, that I know about.
                            Hawk my friend, I don't have night vision, but I do have the camo, and a case of beer after we catch them suckers. I'll have to turn off the motion sensor lights, then they will come around. Maybe put a Ridgid saw out in the open for bait, no one can resist that...LOL...
                            As long as its not the RIDGID BS, that won't attract many would-be thieves
                            ---------------
                            ---------------
                            ---------
                            ---------

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
                              As long as its not the RIDGID BS, that won't attract many would-be thieves
                              I can't help it, I think that's funny.
                              Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Working...
                              X