Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• have to keep signing on

Josh,

So far for the last week whils on the forum, when I try to reply to a thread I have to keep signing on. I get the message that I'm not registered or need to log in. It happened twice tonight. Is any one else having this problem? Maybe it's just me...

Thanks..
    If at first you don't succeed, try reading the owners manual.

Re: have to keep signing on

Do you have remember me checked? This hasnt happened to you before has it?

Comment

Happens to me all the time.

Comment

Josh

Over the past 2 days I've been having this same problem. I think maybe some anti-virus program updates or spyware programs may be deleting your needed cookies to keep us connected to your web site. It will be interesting to find out what others have to say.

Comment

I wonder if this is some stupid windows update. I am still signed on though. Anyone else having this problem? Is it everyone? Please someone tell me your not having this problem

Comment

Josh

Good thinking as Microsoft has put out loads of Windows updates this week. Let's aim our growling at them.

Comment

No problems here but it has happened on ArcticChat twice last week.

Comment

Originally posted by Josh View Post
                I wonder if this is some stupid windows update. I am still signed on though. Anyone else having this problem? Is it everyone? Please someone tell me your not having this problem
                I've had the same problem. I don't have "remember me checked", because I don't want my password remembered, I also have my browser (Foxfire) set to dump all cookies and internet history everytime I leave the internet. But I have always been able to log in and maintain it while I was onsite. As of late I have been having the same problem.
                the dog

Comment

Josh, I am not having this problem on any of my machines.
                  one is WinME / IE6, another is WinXP Pro & IE7, and the third is WinXP Pro running IE6. None of them have a problem signing on or staying signed on. I run IE security settings at Medium I think on all three.
                  "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
                  John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

Do you have remember me checked? This hasnt happened to you before has it?
                    No I don't have that checked. My system remembers my user id and I type the password. I'm surprised so many are having this problem. Windows has been updating ALOT for the past couple of weeks. I'm running XP media edition with service pack 2 and what ever updates have been coming in. Other than the inconvenience it's not a big deal...

Comment

Just happened after making my last post.. Nothing done out of the ordinary. I'll bet you hit the nail on the head with Microsoft updates. The last one had a message that indicated it would i.d. unauthorized copies of Windows.

Comment

Plumbdog brings up a good point. If you completely disable cookies then session variables dont work either (sessions are stored in cookies) I really think this boils down to a security thing. if it gets to high it makes you log in every time.

Josh

Comment

Thanks for the info. I'll check my system and see what I can come up with.

Comment

Cookies is how your PC remembers you on websites like this forum, so if cookies are not enabled you'll have to repeatedly log in for each page you view. But it doesn't make sense that a lot of folks would start having this problem at the same time. Unless a Microsoft Update reset cookies for you, which wouldn't surprise me. They pretty much over-write whatever they want in the Updates.
                            I wouldn't know, since I quit getting Windoze Updates over 2 years ago...

- djb
                            sigpic

A Democracy is 2 wolves and 1 sheep voting on what to have for lunch.

Restore the Republic.

Comment

Depending on your browser try to set it up so that http://www.ridgidforum.com and also http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum are in your "Trusted Sites" where you can slightly lower the security settings.

Comment

Working...
                              X