Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

To hewood, Woussko, VASandy, BadgerDave, Newman and....

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To hewood, Woussko, VASandy, BadgerDave, Newman and....

Hello all:
    Last evening I brought home from Home Depot my new proud Ridgid 2400LS portable saw and I paid for it only $330.
    The original price was $471 but with a 20% off card I had (thanks to cellardoor) and a $500 HD gift card I bought on eBay for $440 I ended paying only $330, so it is a great saw for a great price!

I did it only thanks to the members of this forum, who were SO helpful.
    Since I started my first thread “Going to buy a TS2400LS table saw. Any advice (where, when, what accesories, etc)?” on 4/10/07 I have come a long way regarding the info I got about the saw(s) and HOW to buy it, as well, and I went on learning in my other threads “Ridgid TS2400LS or the Bosch 4000-09 table saw near New Market, MD?” and “A Ridgid TS2400LS for less than $449?”, in addition to what I have learned before searching the whole forum.

So, hewood, Woussko, VASandy, BadgerDave, Newman, ARE1, Ridgid507, stidvr, paumat, JimDon, Davet,Palefty, angus810, cellardoor, Velosapien, J-man12, humbletile, Mschenker and Ray_Bersch for GREAT and helpful reviews and last but not least, pintopat! Thank you all for your advice and the time you took! (as you can see, it was not in vain)
    Saul

Re: To hewood, Woussko, VASandy, BadgerDave, Newman and....

Saul

Once you get it setup and start cutting wood <aka> making sawdust, please tell us how it all worked out for you. Think about what you like and don't like about it. I will recommend that you buy (if you don't have now) good eye protection and hearing protection. You'll soon want several good blades too so prowl the forum as there's lots of info there.

Comment

Sol,
      Great to hear you got your saw. I'm sure you'll like it. Want to know what the best saw is? It's the one that works the best for you. Enjoy.
      Jim Don

Comment

Sol,

Glad I could be of some little help in your quest for a new saw. Now comes the fun part where you get to start enjoying it. Enjoy the new saw and always keep in mind, safety first.
        Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Yippee! Now, I can finally bill HD for my commission!

Congrats, enjoy, and be safe!

Comment

sol. i feel left out

ask a plumbing question next time

i just bought the 3650, but haven't had time to take it out of the box

when i start posting 3650 questions, that means i started the assembly. job.

have fun with the saw.

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

Congrats on the new saw, I hope you enjoy it.

I am almost afraid to ask, but how does this work on eBay buying a gift card for less than its face value? For it to be worth $500, someone must have given HD the $500 bucks at some point, why would they sell it for less now. they are giving money away or really in need of cash more than the card I guess. I can think of a couple other reasons someone might be selling gift cards at discounted rates, and I hope this is not one of those cases.
              ---------------
              Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
              ---------------
              “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
              ---------
              "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
              ---------
              sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Bob,
                Somebody buys you a gift card -- or you earn one as a reward thru your work (I know of both of these things first hand), you figure you need the cash more than you need to buy yourself a gift. You E-Bay it or sell it to a friend for less than the amount to make it attractive. Person gets a $500 gift card, seller gets some cash and is able to PAY OFF SOME BILLS. This is not a stretch at all. All you have to do is be in a bind to really understand how this would work. And ya, ya, I can just hear all the questions about stolen gift cards, yadda, yadda, yadda. Well those gift cards aren't even activated until they are paid for and you go thru the checkout line.
                Jim Don

Comment

Thanks again:
                  My next post will be for the rest of the accessories still in my list...
                  Although I am dying to get to it, I didn’t have the time even to start opening the box, it is still sitting in my basement. Hopefully this weekend I will start…

Hey, PLUMBER RICK, don’t worry, I am finishing my basement, installing 2 full bathrooms there+ some other small stuff and doing all by myself, so I think you can bet on it that I will “pay a visit” to “your department” somewhen…

“how does this work on eBay buying a gift card for less than its face value? For it to be worth $500, someone must have given HD the $500 bucks at some point, why would they sell it for less now.
                  Well, you have no idea how many times I have had asked the same questions myself. My guess is as good as yours and I would be really happy to hear some “inside secrets”, because it is not that someone wants to cash the gift card he got for Christmas, there are sellers that sell a lot of them, day after day, hour after hour…

I will recommend that you buy (if you don't have now) good eye protection and hearing protection”
                  Yes, I always wear the best hearing protection I know (Peltor). Thanks
                  Saul

Comment

Yes, I know that happens, but look at this seller:
                    http://cgi.ebay.com/Home-Depot-20-Of...QQcmdZViewItem
                    they have 23 or those employee 20% off

[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Saul/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpg[/IMG]

Or this one:
                    http://cgi.ebay.com/500-HOME-DEPOT-G...QQcmdZViewItem

has 1 $500 gift card for sale now and sold 1 on April 19 and another on April 14.
                    http://search-completed.ebay.com/sea...trypage=search
                    Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                    X