X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pitbull

Just saw law enfocement bring down a pit bull close to me.It had gotten out and killed two cats and another canine before they could get to it.

It was an absolutley an incredible animal.Easily a 100 lbs. with a head that looked the size of a basket ball.And it's charcoal brindle coat was in immaculate condition.I mean to say the thing looked like it escaped from some type of secret millitary experimental gene mutation facility.

Somethings sometimes are so strange to me,I understand the status the owner was looking for,but thats like building bombs in your garage.What a risk to your family and community.To say the very least,such extreme disregard for an animal for putting it in a situation where it must be destroyed.As far as the dog was thinking he was just out for a happy spring day romp, doing what he's supposed to do.

Don't get me wrong I would not hesitate for a flash to shoot it.But,WTF,some people.Shallow souls

Re: Pitbull

I wouldn't have shot the dog. I would shoot and kill the ****ing irresponsible owners...

Comment

Originally posted by Newman View Post
      I wouldn't have shot the dog. I would shoot and kill the ****ing irresponsible owners...
      I wanna live in your neck of the woods.I hope your the judge in this district

Comment

Personally I love pitts. They are actually very loving towards humans. Not to mention beautiful, powerful animals. If you don't respect them they can really hurt other animals. I'm sick of people who don't understand the breed and don't know how to socialize them and handle them with respect. But you get stupid thugs owning them, who just want a badass dog that can kick some ***. The first victim is the dog. And pitts just keep getting a bad rap.

Comment

Man, I hate to see that happen. I'm not a real dog fan, but I do have an appreciation for them. I've seen Pit Bulls that were the most affectionate little guys you could want. I've also seen them be mean, ornery, and very scarey animals. My good friend just had to put his down. The little guy got out and bit a neighbor. My friend had tried very hard to teach the animal how to behave around humans and never mistreated the dog. Sometimes, I think anyway, a dog just can't overpass his instincts. It's a shame he had to put the dog down, and it's an even bigger shame the dog was able to get to a neighbor. I know my friend feels horrible for what his dog did, and didn't hesitate to put the dog down, even though he loved the animal immensely. I don't know what my friend could've done better in the situation, but maybe to have put the dog down before the incident. That's an incredibly difficult decision and would've been questioned as to his cruelty to animals.
          I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

Sandy (and others)

Did your friend's dog bite as in an all out attack, or just bite as in trying to catch a moving hand or arm? While this may seem strange my county animal shelter has a warning posted that Golden Retrievers are the most likely of all well known breads of dogs to bite people. When I asked more about it, I was told that there's a big difference in biting someone and in attacking a person. I totally agree. It's only normal for them to try to catch moving objects and how else is a dog going to do so other than by biting?

I feel that the bottom line on if an animal should be put to death depends on if it acted by instinct or playing (catching a moving abject) or if it has a foul temper and really attacked in anger.

Comment

To Humbletile and VASandy,

Sandy, please tell your freind that one of your fellow members seriously feels for him.I have always had a strong affection for dogs and missed one when their not there.

Humbletile,
              Two doors up my co-worker moved in with my new slobbering freind, Gunner.He's a 90lb. tan pit,most lovable guy you would ever want to wrestle with.But maybe you could comment on a thought I have,do you have any idea why so many dogs of this breed seem to turn aggressive for what appears to be no reason at all,as they reach an older age.I'm starting to think I can't rough house with Gunner much longer.So many times I hear comments about a pit that was good with other dogs,cats and children and then one day just snap and the owner is suddenly in the same position as Sandy's freinds place of heartbreak.

Comment

I wasn't there when it happened, so I don't know if the dog attacked the neighbor or what. I'm sure Ralph had a very good reason to put the dog down, so I'm thinking it was an attack. This was a young-ish pit bull, only about 5-6 years old. Last time I saw him he was as normal as could be. He loved to rough-house and jump around. Could've been the neighbor got all uptight and mistook the dog's behaviour for an attack. Hard to say, really. I know that Ralph wouldn't have put the dog down unless there was a real reason to, though.
                I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

These animals are a THREAT to children....................

You wouldn't keep a leopard in your house right? Well a pitbull's bite is harder (in footpounds) then a leopard's.

The owner's need to be held responsible for ANY damage the dog (not just Pitbulls btw)does. PERIOD.

Syn

Comment

Working...
                  X