• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Help stop dog from barking

OSC - you should get a pug!

Comment

hummmm other then the fact that my 3 cats would gang up on that small dog and try to convert it to a cat. i am not a big fan of small dogs (although milo and otis was funny)
      9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

Parts of this thread reminded me of the electric mole thread from way back. I am not going to link to it cause I dont want to start the contraversy all over again. I think we actually lost some members over that thread

I had a similar situation with my neighbors but instead of noise it was huge piles of crap. We have a good relationship with them though so they felt really bad and have been very vigilant about stearing them away from our yard ever since.

I did have a barking dog a couple houses down that drove me nuts a few years ago and there were many nights when I was very very close to going down stairs and grabbing my bb gun. Luckily someone else talked to the neighbor and its not a problem anymore.

Later,

Josh

Comment

There's a very nice, simple and gentle way to get "Monster Mouth Dog" to quiet down. This has worked very well when my neighbors' (many) dogs or cats get upset and restless.

1. The next time you're at Walmart or Target look in the "Mood Music" section and try to purchase the CD called "Thunderstorm Passing" - Impressions.

2. Setup a way to play this so that the restless and howling animal(s) can hear it but not loud. Play it nice and soft.

3. Just let it play and watch. Keep everyone quiet and do not make any manor of loud noise. QUIET is a must.

4. Once howling animal calms down, give him/her something good to eat and some cool water.

5. Everyone keep quiet for a few hours. You may need to play the CD over again in some cases.

Good luck and please let us all know how things work out.

Comment

I feel your pain. I live between two schnauzers and a jack russel terrier. Hmmm, with that last post, Even if the dogs don't shut up, I'll probably sleep through them anyway.
            Only a surfer knows the feeling. Billabong ca. 1985 or so

Comment

My wife had a mix terrier once, all that sucker did was bark. Worked on his barking and nothing ever worked. Use to drive me nuts, kept him in the house most of the time so it wouldn't bother the neighbors, a car got him around 5 years ago. Now we (I) have a Australian Shepherd/Black lab, smartest dog I have ever owned. Think I hear him bark maybe 5 times a year, now I live in harmony. I swear to god, when she had that little s&!t my blood pressure was sky high, constant barking is a killer to the human brain.
              Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

We have a workshop dog. We got him, or rather he got us, because he needed a new home, without drug problems etc. He was a bit of a challenge, but now he's just great. (Still can't fetch the right tools though, just steals the one's you're using!) Because of his (understandable) insecurity, his barking at people was a problem. We got round this by giving neighbours, and the Mail-Person, goodies, dog biscuits, etc.to "bribe" him with. It's as if people talk to him, instead of just passing, then the problem dissapears.Now he loves the mail lady, and waits patiently for her every day!
                However, last week, someone new moved in. They got barked at untill they gave in, and bribed him.
                This may work for you, and on the other hand, some Forum members who are Dog experts, can tell me, who actually trained who? Am I just being ripped off?
                Any member of this Forum knows that DOGs are often a problem, and must be treated with respect.
                Seriously, the problem can be this simple. Perhaps worth trying, before the Hi-Tech stuff!

Comment

My dog use to pull that garbage as well. Every time he started, I would firmly tell him to stop. If he did he received a treat. If he did not he was thrown in the pool. It took about two weeks hasn't barked at the neighbors since.
                  THE GLASS IS ALWAYS HALF FULL

Comment

Billie_Bob, think you and I must be neighbor's. The term greenbelt gave it away. I have the same issue with a neighbor across the street. They have a miniature pincher and the little s$%^ continuously yaps. Luckily for us they are in the process of moving, but getting our now 11 mo. old down for his naps is sometimes a real pain. The people I feel bad for are their immediate neighbors. However, if they weren't moving I would definately use Bob D's method. That's the one I'm going to suggest to anyone with this issue from now on. Thanks for the post. Lot of good ideas. BTW, drop me an email sometime. Maybe we can meet up over a beer and talk shop sometime.
                    No, the half of the missing finger was not power tool related.

Comment

Working...
                    X