X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Golfing today

Finished up a project this morning, then took some of the guys out for a game. the rest of them hate golf. Went to our local golf course and had a great time, we played 9 holes. I would say I did very descent for my first time out this year. My main man Dan, did awesome, but he only took me by 5 shots. So the two of us are going to another course tomorrow, this time 18 holes. The other boys got a truck to unload and do whatever the rest of the day. Might even have a beer, see how my game goes first. I'm in a good mood today, my last project went absolutely smooth, which never seems to ever happen. Completed before time wise, and budget was goooooood. Wish every project was as smooth. Back to the game of golf, I am going to kick his @ss tomorrow, and show no mercy, LOL. In reality I have never beaten Dan, but there is always the first time. We finally made it above 70 degrees today, and tomorrow might hit 80, time to sweat...Good day, Good mood, Good game...
    Oh, I only started to play golf about 5 years ago, so my scores are kind of private, but it was under 50...
    Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Re: Golfing today

why don't you join us in june. josh and anyone else will that is avaliable june 7th in los angeles. we have a big trade show that josh is going to work

something tells me that if he is as good in golf as he is in running this forum, we are all going to get taken

time to wipe the brown off my nose

i would have played this afternoon, but it's 90+ and i have a ballgame to watch.

garager, i thought you had a plumbing to ask.

josh should be able to answer your golf question and give you some pointers. i'll be lurking to up my game too

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

If the question part is about the plumbing section from earlier, nope no questions, just relating to why plumbdog gets bothered from inexperienced unlicensed plumbers questions. I sort of had that feeling that anyone should be able to ask, until I read that post and understood a few things. Now I have a different perspective on why some questions should not be answered. Golfing, I would love to join you guys, but I'm what, 2500 miles away. How about the same day you go and at the same time of the day, I'll play up here, and we could then compare scores and maybe some pictures to boot. Unless I can schedule a trip a full year in advance, theres no way I can get away from here, 3 kids and a business not an easy thing to do. It sure sounds like a lot of fun though, thanks for the offer. Besides I think MN. courses are a little tuffer than Calf., lol....
      Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

garager, my buddy lives in your state. he has a fast plane and is planning another trip here soon. he came here in march, he'll be back soon. maybe just a little planning and you can join us?

we also get to play year round, free of snow and ice

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Wow a buddy with a plane, I knew I was in the right forum. That is sooooo tempting Rick, but I really do have obligations here. Is this is a yearly meet? I would most certainly consider next year. I just need that time frame to schedule. This is the busiest time of the year here in MN., best time to build, get the footings in and slabs poured, etc. Thanks for the offer, thats really kind of you. I really would be there if I could. Oh, the course I'll be playing on today, it cost $50.00 w/cart for 2 people, pretty cheap here. I was in Fort Collin's Colo.(outside Denver) 2 years ago, had to do a remodel job for a friend. I was there for about 3 1/2 weeks and got to play a few rounds out there. If my memory serves me well, I think it averaged around $60.00 per person. Whats your courses cost about? Believe me my mind is spinning right now, trying to figure out if I could pull it off and be there, but I better stop, then again I haven't been to Calf. since I was 9, don't really remember much from that age. Got to get going, I''ll do an update on my game later today, maybe this will be the day I can kick Dans @ss in golf, lol at me...Garager...

Comment

Rick I dont think you have to worry to much about me after the way I played last night. Absolutely horrible . My wife played though and she did great. especially after not playing for a year and having kids. I need to learn to leave my driver in the bag except on par 5s. I just dont need to hit the big dog and I hit about 500% more fairways with my irons.

June will be fun.

Josh

Comment

I have about 600 acres of grass land here, and have yet to figure out why any one wants to play cow pasture pool, to beat a little white ball around with a stick.

My Dad loved the game and was very good at it, he won many many tournaments and could easily beat the pros's that ran the pro shops well in to his 70's, here is a picture of him after his last hole in one. He was in his mid 80's here.

There for a time he had bad caderatcs on his eyes, and could not see very far, he would have a buddy point to were the hole was and he would ask how far and normaly hit on the green or right next to it,
              Attached Files
              Last edited by BHD; 05-09-2007, 11:59 AM.
              Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
              attributed to Samuel Johnson
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Still no hole in one for me yet Hey I have another 50 years left as long as I can play as long as BHDs dad

Comment

Originally posted by BHD View Post
                  I have about 600 acres of grass land here, and have yet to figure out why any one wants to play cow pasture pool, to beat a little white ball around with a stick.

My Dad loved the game and was very good at it, he won many many tournaments and could easily beat the pros's that ran the pro shops well in to his 70's, here is a picture of him after his last hole in one. He was in his mid 80's here.

There for a time he had bad caderatcs on his eyes, and could not see very far, he would have a buddy point to were the hole was and he would ask how far and normaly hit on the green or right next to it,

wow that is increadable
                  9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

So Garager how'd you do today? Did Dan get the a$$ whipping you spoke of? If not keep at it. Hit the driving range on your way home from work like I do. So when the weekend game comes around you'll be ready.

I got a buddy that's a retired colonel. He got me on Andrews Air Force Base West course last sunday. Officers get to golf for FREE! any day, all day. My first time out this year shot just under 100 . I would have done better but the twosome behind us was quite distracting. It was our Secretary of State. "Condi" was getting private lessons. I'm quite proud of her she walked the whole course while her teacher drove the cart. Thast woman needs to eat something she's a stick! No less than 20 secret service personel that I could see. Probably 4 or 5 more hiding in the bushes I didnt. I was stopped by 2 agents when I stepped in woods to take a leak. I felt bad for her the colonel is slower than Sergio Garcia so she was waiting on us the whole day. 4-1/2 hr game Her personal space looks to be about 100 feet any closer than that and the agents get antsy

BTW extremely difficult to putt out while 4 people with automatic weapons within 40 feet of you.

~Bill

Comment

Plumberscrack, you should have yelled out "BOMB", lol. But then someone would have to sneak a laptop in the jail for you, so you can stay in touch with Ridgids forum. Lets see now, I probably play the best game I have ever done, hit the fairways every shot but two, my chipping needs alot of improvement though. 4- par 3's, on the green but 1 time, man was that awesome, lost 1 ball, our golf course is surrounded by woods, so you must stay inside or kiss your ball goodbye. Now did I win? Nope, Dan played exceptionally well, damn near like watching a pro, lets put it this way, he can hit in the seventies. I think he beat me by 16 strokes. But that really didn't bother me, because I played great today. Better then yesterday, changed my grip and stayed in the fairways, now I have to figure out how to chip 40-60 yards, could have took off 10 strokes if that part of my game would have been better. Funny thing was, tee box 1, killed my drive, beautiful shot, 2nd shot went right into the sand trap, thought then its going to be a long day, but it turned out good. One of these days I'll get him (Dan), one of these days, oh ya I will get him, even if its by 1 stroke. Thats my day, good time, great weather, great friend and now its back to work tomorrow (reality)....Garager...

Comment

i hope you were dressed for the occasion. if they knew what your avitar looked like, you would have been shot

maybe we can get a ridgid golf match sometime.

ridgid can sponsor the event and fly all of us out

sound good

work on it josh

rick.
                        phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                        X