X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• on-site job boxes

does anyone have one? if so which model and what is your review on it?

Re: on-site job boxes

I have a knaak box. I like it but it has rusted a bit. I'm not certain of the model number but I keep it in my truck bed. I have heard of them being taken and if someone has the means to lift it from the site or the balls to do it onsite, it can be cut through pretty easily with noise being the deterring factor.. It keeps honest and lazy folks out I suppose but it is pretty bulky and heavy for that.
    A good carpenter makes few mistakes, a great carpenter can fix his own.

Comment

Originally posted by woodenstickers View Post
      I have a knaak box. I like it but it has rusted a bit. I'm not certain of the model number but I keep it in my truck bed. I have heard of them being taken and if someone has the means to lift it from the site or the balls to do it onsite, it can be cut through pretty easily with noise being the deterring factor.. It keeps honest and lazy folks out I suppose but it is pretty bulky and heavy for that.
      i only ask because i work at knaack and i was curious of quality feedback for anyone with ridgid boxes

Comment

i too use knaack and have a couple. they heve the best selection and options.

but for just a general purpose, the ridgid or greenlee is fine.

i was under the impression that knaack is owned by big brother emerson electric

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Rick

Have a look here and look in the lower right corner of the home page. http://www.knaack.com/ What do you see there?

This is an interesting site for everyone that reads this. http://www.weatherguard.com/ They are owned by "Big Brother" too.
          Last edited by Woussko; 06-08-2007, 11:19 AM.

Comment

so my thoughts were right.

not sure if the ridgid is made by knaack or not. but interesting that big brother has infiltrated our site.

i guess he wasn't trying to hide it.

so what is the real question?

knaack makes tons of different job boxes. ridgid makes 1. or at least they did make just 1

josh.

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

yeah knaack and weatherguard are the same company(same building too).. just one is known for onsite boxes/rwb/cabinets and wg is known for there truck boxes/transfer tanks and van equipment. emerson bought us out in something like 2001 if i recall correctly once emerson bought us out they gave us the plague of the orange boxes

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                so my thoughts were right.

not sure if the ridgid is made by knaack or not. but interesting that big brother has infiltrated our site.

i guess he wasn't trying to hide it.

so what is the real question?

knaack makes tons of different job boxes. ridgid makes 1. or at least they did make just 1

josh.

rick.
                i dont know how availible these are but... for ridgid theres
                2048-OS
                3068-OS
                2032-OS
                32-OS
                204830-OS

32-OS and 204830-OS arent made very often and when we do make them its maybe a few hundred to keep us stocked. on the flip side ridgid does some kind of thing where we make a knaack box. where everything is the same but an inch taller skid and we put red ridgid decals on them. that would be for all the ones like

i laughed because i seen a discussion topic from back in like 04 or whatnot asking about a knaack box and someone put be loyal and go with ridgid. and i damn near laughed my *** off since its just the wolf in sheeps clothing

also by no means am i someone linked to the company. im just a regular guy. i work my 8-12 hours and go home. i am one of those guys however that cares about my job and wants to know how others think of our work. nothing but blood and sweat for me is put into making these boxes. i also care about this company keeping its sales up so i can still have a job to provide me with everything i need
                Last edited by master004; 06-08-2007, 04:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X