X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• battery charger voltage

Hi all happy fathers day to all dads Josh this is your first. My question is I have a twin charger that says 12 14.4 and 18 volts. I have one of the 9.6 volt pivoting screwdrivers will my charger work with the 9.6 volt battery without damaging it or do i have to carry 2 chargers.

Re: battery charger voltage

Please do not attempt to charge batteries other than what the charger is made for or that are listed in the owner's manual. A 9.6 Volt battery can be damaged quickly and more than likely the charger will also be damaged. I'm really hoping to sometime find an adjustable charger that can charge many types, Voltages and brands. I think for now you would be best to be sure the charger(s) and batteries match up.

Comment

Re: battery charger voltage

Bob, when the original chargers came out there were no 9.6V tools in the lineup so that voltage was not listed on the chargers. If you check your owners manual for the 9.6 it says ...

Use battery only with charger listed.

MODEL
      R81030
      BATTERY PACK
      CHARGER
      140276001, 140276002

I went out and checked my 12/14.4/18V dual charger and it is model 140276002 so I can charge 9.6V batteries with mine, I would bet you have one of the above model chargers as well.

Comment

Working...
      X