Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: President

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post

I voted for Bush but have been somewhat disappointed in many of his recent positions.

Mark
    Originally posted by Crappy days View Post
    I voted for Bush and have also not been happy with all his positions. But I still think he was a better choice over Gore or Kerry.
    you see, we might not agree on flat rate but politics we have something in common sorry dog, left you out on this one too

now can we get back to plumbing, or is this all politics till election time

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

The current president inherits the previous presidents mistakes. The lack of force that clinton showed allowed the enemies of the US to build strength. Us sticking out the war is the best thing we can do. Every one of us who join, do so voluntarily. We know we can possibly die for our country. Those in the service who try to get out are not prepared for that need to find a new line of work.

If we pulled out of the desert, that would show North Korea, China that we are weak and if a few Americans die then we will give up. North Korea is a much bigger problem than Iraq.

I love the static on the amount of us that die in the war. In 2003, 25,000 died on America's highway's. Maybe we need to stop driving? Guess how many died in the war? 3500. The media blows the loss of Americans in the war out of proportion. It's an anti war spin.

clinton's "hand out" policy, made Americans depend on government. he made us weak and complacent as a nation. President Bush does what is good for the country.

And the writer of this post? Been to the Iraq twice, Kosovo, and Phillipine jungle.
      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

If he cared about people why did he give some many large companies hugh tax incentives to send jobs south? Some people also believe Gore invented the internet. The only reason we had so many jobs at that time was because we were going thru a big computer growth, thanks to people like Bill Gates and Steve Jobs. Mrs C. was supposed to fix our high medical costs. She never fixed squat in 8 yrs. Why would I think she could run a country. Mr C. also stopped tax incentives to explore & improve non petro products. Good thing we did not get attacked when Mr. C. was in charge. He would not know what to do. I am not saying Bush did not make mistakes, but we have not been attacked so he is doing some things right. We were attack 2 o3 times every year when Mr C. was in charge but the mass media never made a big deal out of it. Bush Sen. did do some military cutbacks because of pressure from Congress etc but Mr C. went nuts with it. That was why so many military people hate him. Just tell me 3 things that Mr or Mrs C. did to help this country in 8 yrs.

Comment

GearJunkie, Thank you for your service.
          THE GLASS IS ALWAYS HALF FULL

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
            The current president inherits the previous presidents mistakes. The lack of force that clinton showed allowed the enemies of the US to build strength. Us sticking out the war is the best thing we can do. Every one of us who join, do so voluntarily. We know we can possibly die for our country. Those in the service who try to get out are not prepared for that need to find a new line of work.

If we pulled out of the desert, that would show North Korea, China that we are weak and if a few Americans die then we will give up. North Korea is a much bigger problem than Iraq.

I love the static on the amount of us that die in the war. In 2003, 25,000 died on America's highway's. Maybe we need to stop driving? Guess how many died in the war? 3500. The media blows the loss of Americans in the war out of proportion. It's an anti war spin.

clinton's "hand out" policy, made Americans depend on government. he made us weak and complacent as a nation. President Bush does what is good for the country.

And the writer of this post? Been to the Iraq twice, Kosovo, and Phillipine jungle.
            Gear Junkie,

First thanks for your service. My oldest son has done one tour in Kosovo and two tours in Iraq. He currently is helping train guys out in the California Desert for now but is hoping to get one more tour in Iraq.

Earlier someone said Clinto never took us to war. I believe we were at War during Clinton's term but Clinton just never figured it out.

Mark
            "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

As a servicemember I appreciate the thanks but it goes both way to everyone in America. After coming back from some of those places, you want normalcy. When I came back from the PI, I think I flushed the toilet for 10 minutes just to watch a flushing toilet. I know this sounds weird but the American people just doing their thing is appreciated from our standpoint. Ask someone who has just come back. See what they say. Mark, I wish your son the best.

Ben
              Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

look there is even turmoil in her own party.
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwVAQhMUdEI

Comment

I wish Bush would just come out and say: "I screwed up a few things, I'm sorry"

And what's his problem with stem cell research?? My god man, people are dying and need a cure. Let it go!

I don't want to hear from any "Right to Life" people about this. We need this to move forward.

Comment

P Crack, The thing with stem cell research is just another thing the media blows out of proportion. There are plenty of ways to conduct the test or studys needed. There have been bills presented in states like mass where the dems would'nt pass them. I can see both sides of the debate. However its not right to ask for broader abiliitys to research and then deny the ones given.

Comment

P Crack, The thing with stem cell research is just another thing the media blows out of proportion. There are plenty of ways to conduct the test or studys needed. There have been bills presented in states like mass where the dems would'nt pass them. I can see both sides of the debate. However its not right to ask for broader abiliitys to research and then deny the ones given.
                      What are those other ways to do research? I haven't heard of them. Give us some links to legitimate medical researchers that do not need stem cells.

By the way, you asked wether I am a member of a union, I'm not. I assume your question was directed as in I don't agree with you because I am influenced by my union. Well, I'm not. It's my own opinion.

What church do you belong to?
                      the dog

Comment

My understanding is the research is not prohibited it just cannot be Federally funded.

Mark
                        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Dog, Here is one of many sites about stem cells. There are thousands of articles on line. Feel free to read up. For every scientist that would like funding for embryonic stem cells there is one that doesn't . I could care less either way. And for your Information I am LDS or as some people know us as Mormon. I and many people from my faith believe life started long before birth. So it doesn't matter to me as I do not believe god will punish the embryo due choices made by man. I personally think we have not fully tapped what we have. For this reason I am not in support of tax dollars going to research on embryos. If you want to spend your money go right ahead . AS far as my question about the union , it was not meant as an insult. It was just a question.http://stemcells.nih.gov/info/basics/basics5.asphttp://www.stemcellnews.com/articles...ative-bill.htm

Whether or not life starts at birth can be argued for ever. My point is why should I or anyone else have to spend there money on it if they choose not to. This country is leaving the Constitution behind, every time they choose how I should spend my money. If anyone else wants to donate money to these causes go right ahead. But get your hands out of my wallet in the process.http://www.usconstitution.net/const.html#A1Sec6
                          Last edited by Crappy days; 06-23-2007, 02:54 AM.

Comment

Mark, A large portion of the research is funded currently. There are just provisions excluding certain forms or types of testing. Mainly those restrictions are placed on cloning or testing on embryonic stem cells.

Comment

For any of you that want to learn the difference between adult stem cells and embryonic. Click on the link and watch the youtube video. I will say this web site sees it from a religious point of view but the video is still informative, no matter what your beliefs are.http://www.stemcellresearch.org/
                              Last edited by Crappy days; 06-23-2007, 04:19 AM.

Comment

Dog, Here is one of many sites about stem cells. There are thousands of articles on line. Feel free to read up. For every scientist that would like funding for embryonic stem cells there is one that doesn't . I could care less either way. And for your Information I am LDS or as some people know us as Mormon. I and many people from my faith believe life started long before birth. So it doesn't matter to me as I do not believe god will punish the embryo due choices made by man. I personally think we have not fully tapped what we have. For this reason I am not in support of tax dollars going to research on embryos. If you want to spend your money go right ahead . AS far as my question about the union , it was not meant as an insult. It was just a question.http://stemcells.nih.gov/info/basics/basics5.asphttp://www.stemcellnews.com/articles...ative-bill.htm

Whether or not life starts at birth can be argued for ever. My point is why should I or anyone else have to spend there money on it if they choose not to. This country is leaving the Constitution behind, every time they choose how I should spend my money. If anyone else wants to donate money to these causes go right ahead. But get your hands out of my wallet in the process.http://www.usconstitution.net/const.html#A1Sec6

If you read the first link you gave me carefully you would see that it sides with my argument.

You are obviously approaching this from a religious point of view, which is your right and is fine with me. I'll agree, there is an ethical argument to be debated. But it should be debated as such. Where I disagree is when facts are altered to make an ethical point.

You wrote: "For every scientist who wants money for embryonic stem cell research, there is one that doesn't." Are you saying that the entire medical research community is divided down the middle?

I'll agree that you could find some scientists who will agree with your point of view, but that's a far cry from 50% of scientists. Show me any poll of researchers that indicates that.

If you read the article you will notice that the researchers were attempting to reach some form of comprimise so at least some funding would be available.
                                the dog

Comment

Working...
                                X