X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• President

After being involved with the forum for a little while know . I can see there is a broad rang of view and thought on our next President. What I am curious of is how much does the Candidate/candidates personal life come into play. In my business I drug test and have each employee sign a code of ethics . I know at the end of the day it means very little if the employee is not an honest man or women. And to some extent it is none of my business what they do on there own time. What I would like to know is do you care how the next president carries himself. Such as in family matters marriage , relationship with children, business out side of his or her political calling, and so on. Or is it just what he or she has accomplished as a politician that matters to you.

For me it is a combination of all of these things. The best men and women I know are well balanced in all aspects of there life. Thats not to say we all do not have struggles to overcome. I just respect those who overcome them with a certain dignity and support from there family. Just curious
    THE GLASS IS ALWAYS HALF FULL

Re: President

Originally posted by Crappy days View Post
    do you care how the next president carries himself.

since our next president will be a woman (hillary) i am not sure how i see this anymore, but heck she did a great job the frist time she ran this country
    9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

Crappy,
      I was going to start a thread on drug testing but since you brought it up.... Do you only test when first hired or is it random? What's your policy for a positive test? immediate termination or do you provide counceling?

Chevy,
      I would love to see a woman president like Condoleezza Rice or Elizabeth Dole just not Mrs. Bill Clinton. I don't get all warm and fuzzy inside when I hear her voice. She doesn't seem very approachable. I lost respect for her when she let Bill get away with getting his "little Willy" waxed in the oval office by Monica. I mean come on, how many of us would still be married (or alive) after something like that?

And that brings me to my point. I couldn't care less what goes on behind my neighbors closed doors as long as it doesn't affect me in anyway. But when you elevate yourself to an elected office you better be on the straight and arrow in all aspects of your life.

Comment

PC,

First let me say things happen in marriage and then we go on. I do not fault Hillary for what Bill did but I do fault her for who she blamed for his "little indiscretions". Some how Bills mutiply affairs were blamed on the "Great Right-Wing Conspiracy" and I don't believe any of those women were even Republicans.

OSC,

I'm not quite sure it has been established with any certainty that Hillary is a woman just yet.

Are you privy to information which has not yet been made public?

Between Hillary and Obama I would have to go with anyone but Hillary.

Mark
        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

I think 8 yrs of Clinton crap was more than enough. It is time to move this country forward. Can we be that dumb to have the wool put over our eyes again?
          I think knowing some thing about personal life is helpful if it is recent years. What someone did 10 or more years ago does not have much value. No one is perfect, we all change with time.

Comment

Originally posted by JWMustang View Post
            Can we be that dumb to have the wool put over our eyes again?

wow did it just get dark in here all of a sudden
            9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

Originally posted by JWMustang View Post
              I think 8 yrs of Clinton crap was more than enough. It is time to move this country forward. Can we be that dumb to have the wool put over our eyes again?
              I think knowing some thing about personal life is helpful if it is recent years. What someone did 10 or more years ago does not have much value. No one is perfect, we all change with time.
              well in the Clinton 8 yrs gas prices were low and steady , we did not go to war , the USA was in better shape $ wise and we did not have a VP that shot any one .
              so in my opinion i can go for 8 more yrs of that.
              Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
              http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
              http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

P Crack , I drug test before I have the plumber start work . In the employee agreement I have them sign it says I may drug test at anytime. At this point I have not had to do so. Although if an accident accrued of any kind I would drug test immediately. It is also outlined that if drug use was or could have caused the accident in anyway I will hold them accountable to the full extent of the law.

OSC, AS the saying goes if you don't have anything good to say then don't say anything at all. So for this reason I will not speak about Bill or Hillary Clinton.

Comment

Yes we just had a pres that had multiple affairs, disgraced the office of president, down size the military the most in history, and let bin laden get away. And I could go on and on.

Comment

Originally posted by Crappy days View Post
                    Yes we just had a pres that had multiple affairs, disgraced the office of president, down size the military the most in history, and let bin laden get away. And I could go on and on.

Crappy,

It was actually the first Bush who cut the military personnel as the plan was to rely more on the Reserves and the Guard. Clinton cut the military assets and non-human intelligence.

Mark

Comment

I'd vote for Bill Clinton today. We have a good Christen man in office who has destroyed our credibility around the world, killed thousands of Americans for no reason, dropped the ball on Afganistan (which is the home base of 911), put the country in the biggest debt we have ever had, allowed gas companies to run ramped, has fired people in the justice department for not going after the opposing party, refuses to turn over records on government contracts in Iraq and meetings with the vice president and oil companies, and lies about the opinions of his generals.

We spent eight years investigating Bill Clinton's land deal (which he lost money on) and who gave him a blow job. My last two words will be censored by people because of family values. They are the same people who supported the investigation.

I would vote for Bill Clinton today, because he consistantly supported working people.

I do not normally get political on this forum, and will not in the future.

As always, I welcome other opinions.
                      the dog

Comment

Mark, I did mean as far as funding. I lived in Newport Rhodie Island at the time. After Clinton's cut backs it was a ghost town. When he took away the funds it hurt everyone including the private sector.

Comment

Dog just curious are you part of the union.

Comment

When Clinton started messing with the Military my son Jared left the Air Force. My son Jaysen stayed in the Army but said things got remarkably better once Bush took over.

I voted for Bush but have been somewhat disappointed in many of his recent positions.

Mark

Comment

I voted for Bush and have also not been happy with all his positions. But I still think he was a better choice over Gore or Kerry.

Comment

Working...
                              X