X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Service

I've been getting Ridgid tools for quite a while now because I think they are some of the best on the market but my first experience with Ridgid Service has been a big disappointment. My belt sander has been at the Ridgid repair center for over a month now and the best I can get from Ridgid is that their parts come from overseas to someplace in Ohio and it may be a while. I'm rapidly approaching the point where I'm going to need to buy a new sander to finish some jobs that have been piling up. Anyone else having trouble with Ridgid's service?

Re: Service

That is one of the reasons I own 2 or 3 or 4 of everything, from tape measurer's to Table Saws. Expect breakdowns, but don't expect a delay.
    Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

my experience 2 weeks ago was awsome

i brought a propress into a factory authorized service center in north hollywood calif. the owner actually gave me a tour and even pluged my tool into the service bench computer to find out what was in it's memory. this being a $2500. tool it is computer controlled and monitored with memory faults

called me in 2 days to tell me its fixed and shipped it back ups. no charge. total time away from me was 6 days.

no problem here

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
        my experience 2 weeks ago was awsome

i brought a propress into a factory authorized service center in north hollywood calif. the owner actually gave me a tour and even pluged my tool into the service bench computer to find out what was in it's memory. this being a $2500. tool it is computer controlled and monitored with memory faults

called me in 2 days to tell me its fixed and shipped it back ups. no charge. total time away from me was 6 days.

no problem here

rick.
        Who was the service center?

JM McKinney in Van Nuys gave me great service on my SeeSnake. Including shipping it to San Diego I had it back in what seemed like a week. Best part was it only cost me the $17 for the shipping.

Mark
        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

you saw jeff at mckinney van nuys he use to work with josh, very knowledgable with ridgid products.

actually i brought my propress to bucknall tools in north hollywood. they are the west coast repair center for this tool.

bill is the owner of the family business. he also repairs bosch, milwaukee, hitachi,mk diamond,senco,rems,emglo, b&d,dewalt, porter cable,miller fall protection. and of course the ridgid line of tools, threaders, snakes.

call bill at 818-765-0228.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Thanks for the input. I have a garage full of good climbing ropes, all three to five years old.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
              you saw jeff at mckinney van nuys he use to work with josh, very knowledgable with ridgid products.

actually i brought my propress to bucknall tools in north hollywood. they are the west coast repair center for this tool.

bill is the owner of the family business. he also repairs bosch, milwaukee, hitachi,mk diamond,senco,rems,emglo, b&d,dewalt, porter cable,miller fall protection. and of course the ridgid line of tools, threaders, snakes.

call bill at 818-765-0228.
              Jeff wasn't there but I have visited with him from back when he was still with Ridgid. I think he use to even come by the shop on occasion.

I have never used Bucknall for Ridgid as Enis Services did all of our pipe machines but we did use them for Milwaukee. I'm not sure how long they have been around but I remember them from the 70s. They are good people.

Mark
              "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

I think Garager has the right answer...don't depend on any one company; they can't be depended on. Ridgid's response has been, 'It's on back order. You'll get it when ever we get it.' Not entirely unreasonable but there's no effort to go the extra distance that distinguishes good customer service from bad. So they default to bad.

Comment

Working...
                X