X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ultimate getaway, with wrenches

Check out the slide show on this property. It even comes with a woodworking shop and several Ridgid wrenches. Up for auction tomorrow.

http://www.miamiherald.com/457/story/152480.html
    When seconds count, the police are only minutes away.

Re: Ultimate getaway, with wrenches

Some nice yellow RIDGID wrenches. I wonder if there are any taxes on your own island?

Comment

I say we all chip in and buy it for ourselves. I got $9 I can toss in the pot.... :-)
      Still enjoying all 10 fingers!

Comment

I think it would be a great place to buy but consider it's 20-years old on the open sea and the owner has not been there in years. I know there has been a full time staff there but I wonder how much supervision they've had. Besides at 15-acres you are probably limited to the building which are alreadu built unless you clear-cut the island.

Mark
        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by DSurette View Post
          Check out the slide show on this property. It even comes with a woodworking shop and several Ridgid wrenches. Up for auction tomorrow.

http://www.miamiherald.com/457/story/152480.html

I am trying to figure out how many toilets I would have to install to have enough money to purchase this island?? How many drains I would have to snake to pay for the up-keep
          sigpic

Robert

Comment

Westcoast , you would definetly need to hire some employees.
            THE GLASS IS ALWAYS HALF FULL

Comment

I have it all figured out and I think the island would make a great family compound. I now understand the reasoning for the professions/hobbies myself and my family have taken on.

Here is my breakdown

Me: Plumber, HVAC, GC, Water Distribution, Private Security, Kayaking, Hunting, Fly-fishing and over all management
              Spouse: Supports me in everything I do and can do most of what I do.
              Oldest Daughter: School Teacher, Scuba Diver, Mom, Target Shooting and Emergency Prepares
              Spouse: Firefighter, Paramedic, Swat, Respiratory Therapist, Brick Layer, Scuba Diver, Gun Safe Builder and Equipment Operator.
              Oldest Son: Plumber, Officer in the Army flying Helicopters and Hunting.
              Spouse: Mom
              Middle Son: Crash Unit Firefighter, Police Officer, Twin Screw Captain, Helicopter Pilot, Hunting and Scuba Instructor.
              Spouse: Mom
              Youngest Son: Plumber, Highway Patrol Officer, Gun Safe Builder, Hunting and Fly-fishing.
              Spouse: Degree in Horticulture and Mom.
              Middle Daughter: Mom.
              Spouse: Steam Plant Operator, Electrical Distribution, Communication Wiring and IPDA Competitor.
              Youngest Daughter: Degree in Parks and Recreation specializing in “at-trouble” youth.

So here is how I have it figured, we can plumb anything, keep water flowing into the cisterns, grow our own crops, distribute power, complete underwater repairs, operate the ship, fly on and off of the island, educate the grandkids, pretty much fix/build anything, fire fight and protect ourselves.

Okay now here is the hard part, how to pay for everything. First I need to declare the island a Sovereign Communist Nation then name myself the King. Then I need to tell the United States that Cuba and Venezuela are both threatening a hostile invasion of Ridgidland (my country) and the United States will supply all of the armaments I need plus give us financial aid if we promise to denounce our Communist Life-style and adopt Democracy.

I think this will work but I need all of you guys to contact your Government Representatives and ask them to keep Ridgidland free.

Thanks for your support,
              King Mark

Comment

Ive met guys with similar ideas. Although most of them were polygamist. Your starting to scare me Mark.

Comment

Originally posted by Crappy days View Post
                  Ive met guys with similar ideas. Although most of them were polygamist. Your starting to scare me Mark.
                  LOL-Are you kidding I can't remember names well enough to have more than one wife. I'm already having problems remember my kids and grandkids names. Next time I'm just going to give them numbers for names.

Mark

BTW: One of the guys who approached me wanting to draw my plans in Utah was Hyrum Jeffs the brother of Warren Jeffs. That is just a little too creepy for me.

Comment

[quote=ToUtahNow;83020]LOL-Are you kidding I can't remember names well enough to have more than one wife. I'm already having problems remember my kids and grandkids names. Next time I'm just going to give them numbers for names.

Mark
                    quote]

lets start off with k-39 for the youngest one. k-50 for the middle child. k-60 for the older child and k-1500 for the oldest one.

if you have a problem child, name them the k-40

rick.
                    phoebe it is

Comment

I'm right there with you. Besides I can only handle three women telling me what to do ( Mom, Mother in law, and of course my Wife ).

Comment

Working...
                      X