Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Vacation Time

Here are a few more:
    First one is Omaha Beach in France. Second is Normandy US Cementary overlooking the ocean. Third is my first accupuncture treatment. Fourth is of a group of collegues eating Chinese Hot Pots (they bring you the food and you cook it in a little soup pot on a hotplate in front of you. Very tasty and miss those a lot) which we were actually eating in Korea. Highly recommend you try res057 as they are quite popular in Japan and actually more healthy as they do it a bit different so there is less grease in the pot. I have forgotten what they are called over there. Last is of a standard night market in Hsin Chu City, Taiwan where I lived for 3 years.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by wwsmith; 07-17-2007, 03:40 PM.
    Still enjoying all 10 fingers!

Comment

And finally here are a few for the plumbers:

First one speaks for itself. Just like many other places in the world, don't flush your tp. Second is of the gas water heater I had in my house when living in Taiwan. I took that pic so I could ask around about the lack of venting shortly after I was going to move in. Third is of one of my gas fitters on a fab construction site that I kept busting with all too frequent naps in a little town in way South Korea (Ichun). Used the pics to get a new crew and back on schedule.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by wwsmith; 07-17-2007, 03:37 PM.
      Still enjoying all 10 fingers!

Comment

Well I live almost on the cape(one town off), and can go to the mountains of NH and VT anytime. The best time I had was in Vegas, but Turks and Caicos was amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
          i enjoy costa rica. been there 9 times and going back in november.

but the place i enjoy the most is new zealand. south island, queenstown. home of the original bungy jump

rick.
          any picts from costa rica,rick and joey?
          sigpic

Robert

Comment

Just have to convince the woman to let me go and work in Hawaii...
            Co has a job there and will put me up for ~2yrs while we are doing the plumbing...
            Would be nice...LOL

Comment

We like to see the USA.

The two photos are:

Whitewater rafting down the Lehigh River in PA. This was in the Spring with plenty of water from the snow melt making for fast CLass II & III rapids.

Watching for Trigger Fish 120' underwater in a sub on Maui I think, could have been one of the other islands though.

Other places we have been over the past couple years include:
              Yellowstone, Grand Canyon, Death Valley, Mt. Rushmore, Devils Tower are some of the places we have been recently.

Hoover Dam/Vegas(Valley of Fire) photos

Hazelton, PA offroading trip

On the to do list;
              Redwood National Forest
              California wine country
              Sequoia National Park
              Monument Valley
              Key West
              Last edited by Bob D.; 10-19-2007, 03:56 PM.
              "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
              John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

Originally posted by DuckButter View Post
                Not fond of the "exploited" tourist spots...I like a quiet escape.
                ...........HUGE DITTO.............
                I spend more time than I like dealing with people noise.I like my spare time to be way far away in solitude with a few freinds and their functional family members.

COUNTRY MOUSE.

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
                  ........... and their functional family members.
                  Oh, I know what you mean...trust me, I know.

Comment

My REAL vacations are sending Rick away and staying home in the peace and quite

This way everyone wins

Joey
                    I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Best vacations in no particular order:

Swimming the icey waters of Loch Ness on a road trip through Scotland

Two days in the Hockey Hall of Fame during my honeymoon

Scuba diving a fresh water cave in Bermuda was like being on another planet

On my to do list:

Alaskan cruise/rail through Denali National Park

Hot air ballon safari over the Kalahari Desert, Namibia

Comment

The Canadian Rockies made for a great vacation for us. Had to spend a couple of nights in the Banff Springs Hotel just because of its history and reputation. It is all that and more. Then a few more days in a cabin on the banks of the Athabasca River in Jasper. No telephone, no TV. The sights are spectacular and we are definitely planning a return trip. Although it may be a little more expensive now with the Canadian dollar almost even with the US dollar.
                        When seconds count, the police are only minutes away.

Comment

Spain. I love everything about it. Keep in mind I was raised in Hawai'i so that says alot about Spain. Been there 3 times.
                          Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

I have been very fortunate with my job to travel quite a lot.

Just listing countries, My list of favorites I have been to would be as follows:
                            1. Portugal
                            2. Spain - running very close to being as nice as my portugal trips.
                            3. Germany
                            4. Scotland
                            5. Romania
                            6. New Zeland
                            7. U.S. Virgin Islands
                            8. Australia
                            9. Japan
                            10. Brazil
                            11. Mexico
                            There are a few others, but didnt get to spend enough time there to really get a feel for the places, I have been to France on several occassions, but it just seemed to loose its luster after a couple of days.

Comment

1. Croatia
                              2. Geneva(switzerland)
                              3. Paris(france)
                              4. Italy(verona)
                              5.london(england)
                              6. Crescent City(california)
                              sigpic

Robert

Comment

Originally posted by DSurette View Post
                                The Canadian Rockies made for a great vacation for us. Had to spend a couple of nights in the Banff Springs Hotel just because of its history and reputation. It is all that and more. Then a few more days in a cabin on the banks of the Athabasca River in Jasper. No telephone, no TV. The sights are spectacular and we are definitely planning a return trip. Although it may be a little more expensive now with the Canadian dollar almost even with the US dollar.
                                Okay everyone else can stop I believe we have a winner. That hotel is incredible as is that entire area.

Mark
                                "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Working...
                                X