Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Vacation Time

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
    Okay everyone else can stop I believe we have a winner. That hotel is incredible as is that entire area.

Mark
    Little sister went there for her honey moon.She was awestruck.

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
      Little sister went there for her honey moon.She was awestruck.
      It would be tough to find a prettier place than Banff and Lake Louise to spend your Honeymoon.

Mark
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
        It would be tough to find a prettier place than Banff and Lake Louise to spend your Honeymoon.

Mark
        venice, greece, and the rest of the meditarranean

italy, not venice beach and not plumbers grease

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Rick,

Google the Banff Springs Hotel and Lake Louise and you will see what I mean. If I had to compare it to an area it would have to be the German Alps except the Banff Springs Hotel would put the Neuschwanstein Castle to shame.

Mark
          Last edited by ToUtahNow; 07-21-2007, 10:14 PM.
          "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

If you do go to the Banff/Lake Louise area, please try to manage a few more days north of Lake Louise and stay at the Pine Bungalows in Jasper, on the banks of the Athabasca River. Early morning with a hot cup of coffee walking down the river looking for elk and hoping you don't find a bear. We did see a lot of elk right in our back yard. What a spectacular animal.
            I would post a couple of pictures but we are on vacation in Oquossoc, Maine right now and they are on another computer at home. I can't believe that somebody up here has wireless internet and I "accidentally" managed to log on. Ain't technology great.
            When seconds count, the police are only minutes away.

Comment

After my mother-in law passed away, she and my wife had arranged a trip to Pebble Beach as a reward for my taking care of her property after my father in law passed away. As enjoyable as this trip was, it did not compare to -

My 4 trips with my church to assist in the rebuilding of homes and lives in Mississippi after Hurricane Katrina. I went there to help them, but I was the one who was blessed in not only meeting these fantastic individuals but, more importanly realizing that material stuff is not as important as the value we put on it.

Because of these trips, I began using my hands again to create and fix things where in the past I found it easier to just call and pay someone.

Comment

Originally posted by BENWANNABE View Post
                *snip*

My 4 trips with my church to assist in the rebuilding of homes and lives in Mississippi after Hurricane Katrina. I went there to help them, but I was the one who was blessed in not only meeting these fantastic individuals but, more importanly realizing that material stuff is not as important as the value we put on it.
                *snip*(
                A couple weekends ago, I took my vacation to go to a Remote Area Medical in Wise, VA. This is where they fly in a HUGE bunch of equipment for dentists and doctors and eye doctors. It's really quite amazing. We had over 3,000 patients. These people are like you and me, and they have absolutely no medical coverage whatsoever. The people were so appreciative of everything, even with the incredible lines for services.

It had rained early that Friday morning, and it got rather cold. While we were setting up and getting ready to cook lunch (my part was to help feed the masses), a young skinny girl was there trying to get some warmth from the cookers. Her clothes were soaked! All I could do was to wrap her in my hunting jacket. It's insulated and waterproof (one of my favorite jackets, actually, and it wasn't cheap!!). The look on her Dad's face was amazing. He couldn't thank me enough! They skittered off to find some dry clothes from another group. I figured the jacket was lost, but didn't mind it really. It went to a better cause. Then about 4 hours later, as we were serving, the young lady and her father came back and returned the jacket. I was surprised and happy to have it back. They had found clean, dry clothes and had been able to see doctors and dentists. The father had such a look of relief and hope! He runs his own business, and just can't afford insurance for his family. This one yearly event is really the only chance he, and so many others, have to get any medical attention at all.

I'll be going to RAM again next year. It's a very fulfilling thing to do. The stories from these families, and the hope this activity gives them is one of the most amazing things I've seen. It's truly uplifting to be involved.
                I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

Originally posted by VASandy View Post
                  A couple weekends ago, I took my vacation to go to a Remote Area Medical in Wise, VA. This is where they fly in a HUGE bunch of equipment for dentists and doctors and eye doctors. It's really quite amazing. We had over 3,000 patients. These people are like you and me, and they have absolutely no medical coverage whatsoever. The people were so appreciative of everything, even with the incredible lines for services.

It had rained early that Friday morning, and it got rather cold. While we were setting up and getting ready to cook lunch (my part was to help feed the masses), a young skinny girl was there trying to get some warmth from the cookers. Her clothes were soaked! All I could do was to wrap her in my hunting jacket. It's insulated and waterproof (one of my favorite jackets, actually, and it wasn't cheap!!). The look on her Dad's face was amazing. He couldn't thank me enough! They skittered off to find some dry clothes from another group. I figured the jacket was lost, but didn't mind it really. It went to a better cause. Then about 4 hours later, as we were serving, the young lady and her father came back and returned the jacket. I was surprised and happy to have it back. They had found clean, dry clothes and had been able to see doctors and dentists. The father had such a look of relief and hope! He runs his own business, and just can't afford insurance for his family. This one yearly event is really the only chance he, and so many others, have to get any medical attention at all.

I'll be going to RAM again next year. It's a very fulfilling thing to do. The stories from these families, and the hope this activity gives them is one of the most amazing things I've seen. It's truly uplifting to be involved.
                  GREAT WORK!!!!

I am actually looking at ASP (Applachian Special Projects) for next year's vacation.

Comment

Working...
                  X