X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vacation Time

I Was Wondering What Was The Best Place You Went On Vacation And Any Pictures?

I Love Europe

MRS WC
    sigpic

Robert

Re: Vacation Time

Not quite the answer you're looking for, but I will be going to Osaka, Japan at the end of September for two weeks. Will have lots of pics then. It's a country I've always wanted to visit.
    ‎"I've never let my schooling interfere with my education" -Mark Twain

Comment

i enjoy costa rica. been there 9 times and going back in november.

but the place i enjoy the most is new zealand. south island, queenstown. home of the original bungy jump

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

The better part of me and myself like camping up in the High Sierras.

Nothing like being woken up by a bear outside your tent in the middle of the night and deer greeting you at a hands distance in the dawns early light.Lots of fresh air at 8,000 feet.Especially when it's such a easy an drive away.

Comment

Alaskan Tundra would be hard to beat.

Mark
          "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

I am pretty commercial in the places I have been so far. Relaly enjoy cuises in the Virgin Islands. Been to Belgium without my wife on buisness and really wish she was there. expensive but an experience you cant get anywhere around here.

I really want to take a road trip out west and visit some of the national parks.

Josh

Comment

Not fond of the "exploited" tourist spots...I like a quiet escape.

Comment

Josh, if you do make your road trip out west, Lake Tahoe is amazing in it's beauty. While there, hit Virginia City for an afternoon. Can learn some really neat stuff on old west history, Mark Twain, and mining. If in southern California, Joshua Tree is a must (but I wouldn't make a trip just for it). Rushmore I visited when I was 13 and would love to go back. Pictures don't do it justice. Mt. St. Helens in Washington is also great. Hmmm...Think I need a vacation!

Comment

Originally posted by res057 View Post
                  Josh, if you do make your road trip out west, Lake Tahoe is amazing in it's beauty. While there, hit Virginia City for an afternoon. Can learn some really neat stuff on old west history, Mark Twain, and mining. If in southern California, Joshua Tree is a must (but I wouldn't make a trip just for it). Rushmore I visited when I was 13 and would love to go back. Pictures don't do it justice. Mt. St. Helens in Washington is also great. Hmmm...Think I need a vacation!
                  then there's always next years trade show back in long beach.

p.s. my golf game has improved

rick.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

For almost 11 years I had the privilege (or luck?) of traveling the world on the company dime and having flown over 2 million miles in the process . I can honestly say I enjoyed almost every place I visited. Each area of the world has its own specialty about it and it is all about what you make of it when you are there . I will say I enjoyed Asia more than Europe, but only because it was more exciting place to be at that time in my life (cheaper in general, exiting, danger, etc, etc). I traveled often between France, Germany, Scotland, Taiwan (where I lived for 3 years) and Phoenix, AZ USA. And hundreds of places in between. Of them all I would have to say funnest place I ever went was Thailand (darn near a tie with Bali). The most active place would be Taiwan. The most phenomenal site I think I ever saw was at Normandy beach at the US cemetary at dawn while listening to taps being played in the background. Not a dry eye to be had. The most beautiful would be Sainte Chappelle Church stained glass in Paris. Rome, Italy and Sicily were all wonderful places. Singapore tops the list of most expensive places. Japan and North Korea top the list of my least favorite (sorry res057). Russia tops list of best fishing (haven't been to Alaska and didn't have time to fish in Argentina and too drunk in New Zealand ). Sooo many other places each with their own attributes that make them special. Seem to recall Holland have some fairly attractive female types?

All in all I could easily go the rest of my life never getting on an airplane again. Family and I are now enjoying the good 'ol USA with the need to get out East more. But only a few pics of overseas travel. Most were digital and not backed up when my laptop was stolen, but have some hanging on the walls in my office.

Originally posted by Josh View Post
                    I really want to take a road trip out west and visit some of the national parks.
                    Josh
                    Come on out this way anytime Josh. We live only 30 minutes or so from Yellowstone National Park and only a few hours from Glacier. The family and I are truly fortunate to live in the Paradise Valley!
                    Still enjoying all 10 fingers!

Comment

WW,
                      I'm not too worried about the expense of Japan. We will be staying with the in-laws (mother is the only one I've met yet). The wife has an idea of the places she thinks I'd like to see. How 'bout you? Got any suggestions?

Jack

Comment

well, when yo live in Paradise it's hard to go someplace else.

i enjoyed the month i spent in Costa Rica backin the early 90s. Saba/St. Kitts for diving is hard to beat. just to get a way St. John is pretty cool.

steve
                        In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

no one bothered to post pict!!??
                          this was7 years ago in paris
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	e2167900a3e3096b85c449618bca25c7.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	102.6 KB
ID:	1452

Name:	6b4be02525dce9b4846a6a600e838ce3.jpg
Size:	121.3 KB
ID:	1453

Name:	70986b34ab1f4fbd006b28a39aa25328.jpg
Size:	132.5 KB
ID:	1454

there is also the view from the eiffel tower
                          sigpic

Robert

Comment

Originally posted by res057 View Post
                            WW,
                            I'm not too worried about the expense of Japan. We will be staying with the in-laws (mother is the only one I've met yet). The wife has an idea of the places she thinks I'd like to see. How 'bout you? Got any suggestions?

Jack
                            Sorry, perhaps I am biased towards Japan in that I probably didn't spend enough time there on any one trip to see much. I was hitting that area when the fabs had more money than they knew what to do with so trips were short and quick. (I actually flew there from Hong Kong on one trip for 1 night to plug a modem into the phone jack. That particular customer was loaded and wanted to insure our warranty would be intact and no excuses to not be able to support them. ) I was only in Tokyo briefly and spent a bit of time around Ishikawa, Ibaraki. There were a couple of others, but I don't remember them clearly due to a bout of barely fever. I really just found the people to not be very accomodating where ever I went and was turned away from several pubs and restaraunts for just being white in general. Perhaps it was just the area. Everywhere is unique in some fasion!

Comment

Here are a few pics I managed to dig up:

First one is sign at airport in Jakarta. Second is one of the many stained glass windows inside the famous St. Chapelle church in Paris. Picture does no justice. Third is of a friend of my from South Africa eating a traditional Taiwanese delicacy (in the South), a baby chicken that was either grilled or fried alive. [In this case, grilled, although fried is better.] Last is of the changing of the guard at Chang Kai Shek Memorial in Taipei.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by wwsmith; 07-17-2007, 04:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X