X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Nascar

My daughter got 2 tickets for the Bristol race in March. It was my first NASCAR race and I am hooked. I think it was about an hour after the race was over that my hearing came back to normal. We are trying to get tickets for the night race in August but they're hard to come by. I will definitely have ear protection for the next trip to Bristol. I turned into a big Tony Stewart fan because both of my daughters are they talked me into it.

With all the talk about Tony leaving Gibbs Racing, wouldn't it be great if he could get Ridgid as a new sponsor. Ridgid and DeWalt side by side on the final lap.
    When seconds count, the police are only minutes away.

Comment

Originally posted by res057 View Post
      Any NASCAR fans out there? Who's your favorite driver and why?
      Mine would be Biffle (#16). We used to race against him now and then up in Washington state. It was fun watching somebody you know work their way through the ranks. He may be stinking up the show this year, (and last year), but I'm loyal.
      with a nambe like Biffle, what else was he gonna do?
      sigpic

Comment

Lightning McQueen.
        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Anyone still a nascar fan?

I'm not taping the races anymore, not racing home to watch them, haven't watched a truck race or nationwide series race in a couple months.

But the news about those Toyotas is amazing. Kurt Busch has won almost 20 races through 3 divisions? Then I hear about the magnets that JGR was using because those motors are so powerful that they have to lessen the throttle distance?

Not only has nascar subjected toyotas to 15hp reductions by implementing different standards, but even that didn't change the power they are harnessing.

Yahoo had an article about jeff gordon not winning any races this year.....well how can he?

Bottom line, bringing in a foreign car maker to the nascar community has really changed the scenery as to who wins on average.

Can you imagine if Honda wants in on this game?
          Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Originally posted by DUNBAR View Post
            Can you imagine if Honda wants in on this game?
            Most Hondas are built in Ohio.

Comment

Did anybody watch last year. Chevy just about won everything. Nascar doesn't like to have one brand dominate. Nascar always changes the rules to help the slow pokes. Nascar cut toyota some breaks so they could become competitive, even so some could make the race. Anyone remember the 1970 Dodge Superbird?

In the busch series or whatever they call it now, toyota is allowed to use a brand new engine, but the other manufacturers have to stick with a older version. why is that? Now nascar realizes it made a mistake and made toyota install a smaller restrictor plates to level the field again. On top of Nascar cutting toyota some slack this year so they could be comptetive, Joe Gibbs cheated the system and got caught. Let the other manufacturers use their new engines and I'm sure it will balance out more.

Comment

as i recall the reason that Toyota was allowed to manufacture an engine just for the nascar races instead of using stock (style) block was due to toyota not having a production engine even close to the requirements of nascar. i remember one of the big things was nascar requires pushrod engine, Toyota makes overhead cam engines.
                it will be interesting to see what all nascar does to reduce the HP ratings of the Toyotas

Comment

Mas,

Your point about Toyota manufacturing an engine just for nascar is another reason why I don't watch much any more. Toyota doesn't make a rear wheel drive 2 door v8 pushrod powered car. Right now neither does ford or chevy. They are not stock cars anymore, haven't been for years. They are basically the same race cars with stickers on them to tell you which is a chevy or ford etc. Other than the engine, each car is basically the same. Nascar removed the car from the picture and I started to lose interest. The cars were the main reason I started watching racing.

Anyway, I don't think you will see nascar reduce the hp of the toyota's next year, but allow chevy, ford, and dodge to use their newer engines in the nationwide series. That will even the playing field. I don't know much about the ford and dodge engines, but the nationwide cars still use chevy's SB2 engine instead of the newer and much better R07 engine they use in cup.

Comment

Wow,

Nascar has nearly died on this site,

'moment of silence'

Well I'll be the one to bring it up,

but the Daytona 500 is today.

I can't figure out who's who and I'll be watching it for the history of the race. Fast track, good wrecks, I'm all for it.

Comment

Love NASCAR. It's the only sport that you only really ahve to watch the last minute and a half of and you can drink throuth ther rest of the event.
                      sigpic

Comment

I'm the only one keeping this nascar thread alive practically.

Well, it's 8 months since the last posting, and I'm watching once again Jimmy Johnson dominating the track for the 4th year in a row.

It's getting beyond boring at this point because hendricks motorsports is writing their own money and ticket in this.

All the other teams had to minimize and this team is just killing it. It's hard to find a jimmy johnson fan as well, ask jeff gordon.

To win 4 years in a row?

I've had it on my tv all day and I've been glancing over...but now it's down to the wire and it looks like.....jimmy johnson.

He starts pulling away on the points lead and I most likely won't be watching the end of this chase, and I have no reason to watch that event that happens in december in new york.

Needs new blood in the winner's circle.

Comment

NASCAR racing has become boring. When the same guy is out front every weekend and no one can catch him that takes the fun out of it. I work in the industry yet I don't watch the race in its entirety. I guess it's good because I have other stuff that I need to do on my weekends.

Red
                          Red

Comment

Yeah it gets old watching the 48 ride around all day. Them no good sob's got to be cheating. Ain't no way they can be that good. Either that or it is a conspiracy theory.

I read in the paper last week that next season , most cup races will be back to starting at 1:00PM , due to overwhelming requests from NASCARS "core fans". We go to Dover every spring , and the last couple of years, I've been thinking of giving it up. Races were scheduled to start at 2:20PM. With all the hoopla and baloney, they didn't roll off pit road untill 3:00 or so. Makes for too long a day. Maybe NASCAR will finally realize that they can not appeal to every single person in the world, and be happy with what they have.

Comment

Been a Tony Stewart fan for about 3 years. Make it to all the Bristol races and a couple of Atlanta races. I didn't think much about NASCAR until my daughter got tickets to Bristol and I've been hooked ever since. She is a Stewart fan so I just naturally followed. We're really pleased with what he is accomplishing for his first year as an owner/driver. Both he and Ryan Newman are in the chase.
                              When seconds count, the police are only minutes away.

Comment

Originally posted by RealLivePlumber View Post
                                Yeah it gets old watching the 48 ride around all day. Them no good sob's got to be cheating. Ain't no way they can be that good. Either that or it is a conspiracy theory.

I read in the paper last week that next season , most cup races will be back to starting at 1:00PM , due to overwhelming requests from NASCARS "core fans". We go to Dover every spring , and the last couple of years, I've been thinking of giving it up. Races were scheduled to start at 2:20PM. With all the hoopla and baloney, they didn't roll off pit road untill 3:00 or so. Makes for too long a day. Maybe NASCAR will finally realize that they can not appeal to every single person in the world, and be happy with what they have.

Nope, no conspiracy theory at all. Just mega millions that was bullet proof to the economy, and Chad Knaus. He's known for cheating (been busted numerous times and just recently got recognized for running close margins post race) but no one can take away that he's top notch. No way the system works by driver only.

Look how good Mark Martin is doing this year...has a lot to do with the car he's in. He's running in the top. Hendrick Motorsports have the full picture nailed down like a coffin...and the equation is money that provides that. Jimmy Johnson is a great driver but it's killing the morale.

Going to races are awesome, especially the fish bowl. The reason why they switched to those late times is because they sell a ton of advertising in that waiting pattern, which I find offensive that they play it off as some big unexpected.

Stewart did really well considering his transition.

What about all those loyal Junior fans? That poor guy is cursed I swear. Either that or he's riding old school and he's just not an aggressive driver. Not like his dad.

Comment

Working...
                                X