X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nascar

Any NASCAR fans out there? Who's your favorite driver and why?
    Mine would be Biffle (#16). We used to race against him now and then up in Washington state. It was fun watching somebody you know work their way through the ranks. He may be stinking up the show this year, (and last year), but I'm loyal.
    ‎"I've never let my schooling interfere with my education" -Mark Twain

Re: Nascar

Originally posted by res057 View Post
    Any NASCAR fans out there? Who's your favorite driver and why?
    Mine would be Biffle (#16). We used to race against him now and then up in Washington state. It was fun watching somebody you know work their way through the ranks. He may be stinking up the show this year, (and last year), but I'm loyal.
    Last year was pulling for the 09 Kahne as my youngster,looks like this is a tough year for him,And Harvick as vet.Been really busy lately so I'm missing a lot of races.

Comment

Jeff Gordan for me
      sigpic"Son if you want something in this life you'll have to work for it. Now, quiet! They're about to announce the lottery numbers." Homer Simpson

Comment

My wife and I got into nascar accidentally about midway through the '05 season. We were at a wedding in Richmond VA and were at the hotel waiting for the reception to start when we were surfing through the channels and stumbled upon a show that featured a look into the private lives of nascar drivers (nascar drivers 360, not on anymore). Well my wife was intrigued before she knew who these people were (it as Kurt Busch and his then girlfriend, current wife). They were in NYC preparing for the nextel cup awards ceremony. Those five minutes before we knew what we were watching has turned into a weekend tradition for us (we never miss a race(on tv, never been to one in person)), as well as 2 or 3 hours of nascar programing that is on during the week that we watch together. We don't have a favorite, but we do have some drivers that we pull for (ok, my wife really likes Dale Jr, and Tony Stewart, but has a ton on her tier II list of drivers)
        I like Stewart, Hamlin, Kahne, Michael Waltrip, Jamie McMurray, Mark Martin and a few others. My wife is a big fan of Bobby and Terry Labonte, Sometimes Jimmie Johnson (I know, the Lowes guy!), the Biff, as well as a few others that fail to come to mind. I don't know what I am going to do with those 5hr on sunday this week!

Comment

If your in the Richmond area That is a great first race to go to. it was mine and i loved it
          sigpic"Son if you want something in this life you'll have to work for it. Now, quiet! They're about to announce the lottery numbers." Homer Simpson

Comment

I love Nascar to death, I don't have a favorite driver, I like the cars and the stradegie. I will own my own car one day and hopefully be able to race in it

this is my true dream in life
            sigpic

Robert

Comment

It's highly addictive when you actually start participating (at any level). Hard to make yourself leave the shop at night to get some rest. I had to move half way across the country to ease that addiction. Been "clean" 8 years now Very expensive hobby.
              Typical raceshop question on Mondays; "Do we eat or buy tires?" Tires don't BBQ up very well, but hamburgers don't get you to victory circle. That's what it's all about; the $4 trophy.
              ‎"I've never let my schooling interfere with my education" -Mark Twain

Comment

I'm a fan. #3. Being from Washington, I watch Biffle and Kahne. I like to watch Stewart 'cause he's alot like the intimidator.
                Brent

Comment

Big fan the #20 (hence the screen name). Also like to see the guys from the Pacific Northwest do well. Not much luck there this year.

Funny, I never was a NASCAR fan when I lived in Texas, Georgia or South Carolina. Started after I moved to Oregon a dozen years ago.

Comment

Looks like JJ sealing the deal

When I first started my business years ago it happened close to when Earnhardt died. From that point on I would do the paperwork end of the business on the weekends and I had a deal going with a fellow at Home Depot.

He'd pull work out of there and send it to me and I'd tape the races for him. Well you do that for awhile and you get to liking it.

But in recent months, past year....I'm losing interest of racing to get home to watch the race or anything like that, or beat myself up for not programming the DVR to tape it.

I like the prerace, the first laps until the first wreck, then fast-forward all the way to the last 20 laps, after race comments and interviews.

It's all good though but I've never spent a dime on it and have no plans to ever remove myself from 82 camera views and a place to urinate on a moments notice. No replays when you're there. No favorite drivers but

I don't like the buschwhackers,,,even though they are good drivers, Kyle is exceptional.

Like seeing the underdog win, somebody that doesn't get the chance to win often.

It's basically a hendricks sport to win it seems these days because they rule the roost. JJ JG DE will be a tough team to beat, unless Gibbs racing does exceptional with turning the toyota around in the nextel series.

***Don't think that toyota isn't good; they practically dominate the truck series and 2-4 toyotas always end up in the top 10***

Busch series is cool, glad to see Edwards take the championship, he deserved it. He's showing himself he's a hothead as of recent but all in all he needs to keep it tame.

Truck series I like but don't watch it enough to appreciate it. Needs to be longer and more wrecks.
                    Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Jeff Godon.........
                      Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

tony steward #20 all the way
                        9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

Sad to see the championship slip away from Gordon today, but really, at least Johnson has earned it. I don't think anyone can say he doesn't deserve it anymore. 4 wins in a row in the chase is just unbelievable!

Comment

Hope I don't catch too much flack for this but I've got to tell my favorite Nascar joke.

Last week I flushed a bag of Skittles down the toilet and watched a Nascar race in 8 seconds flat.

Comment

I would like to see Gordon get one more.Next year my boy Kahne gets Budwieser.Biffle made a good run at it this week compared to last weeks bad luck,wonder what he could have done with a few more laps.48 teams really got their stuff together.

Cellardoor,Just went into the bathroom to watch you race.Earnhardt Jr. won
                              Last edited by drtyhands; 11-11-2007, 09:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X