Clear All

• where does the brown go

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQ4n7g31RlE

Always have an option to choose

Re: where does the brown go

Oh I was hoping it was Ghetto Science on sewer lines

Comment

38 years of 2+ packs a day and now I am 5 months smoke free. Ask your Dr. about Chantix, it works!
      info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

Originally posted by papadan View Post
        38 years of 2+ packs a day and now I am 5 months smoke free. Ask your Dr. about Chantix, it works!
        Congratulations,

My hubby tried evrything except chantix. He was thinking about it then quit cold turkey again

Was smooke free for a couple of months but everytime we go out and someone is smoking he lights a cigarette just for that night.

Recently he started smoking again,reason:stressful remodel

Doubt that He said he will quit after remodel is done.I guess there are always excuses

He used to smoke 1-2 packs a day

Now maybe 3-5 a day

Anyways Congratulations

Comment

i did it 17 years a go cold turkey and have not had one to this day

if you need a reason to quit or have an excuse to keep smoking you do not or want to quit .

just do it
          Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
          http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
          http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

it has been one year and 21 days and no i do not miss it
            9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

Hmmmmm, that was pretty nasty stuff, the guy is right, only 1 hit, and that much brown, scary to think 1-2 packs a day, for oh, 18 years

Chantix, heard about that.....I gotta quit again for the last time!
              sigpic

Robert

Comment

Robert,

I use to joke "quitting was easy as I do it all of the time". I once quit for 14-months than had one cigarette during a stressful day at Joni Mitchell's Bel Aire home and bought a pack of my own on the way home.

I can tell you I quit cold turkey on 9/1/87 and it took many years after the physical part was over to be done with the mental part. However, the fact that I can remember the date tells me it was an important day in my life.

I hope you can find an easy way to quit smoking. However, I can tell you you cannot quit for anyone else it has to be for yourself.

Mark
                "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                  Robert,

I use to joke "quitting was easy as I do it all of the time". I once quit for 14-months than had one cigarette during a stressful day at Joni Mitchell's Bel Aire home and bought a pack of my own on the way home.

I can tell you I quit cold turkey on 9/1/87 and it took many years after the physical part was over to be done with the mental part. However, the fact that I can remember the date tells me it was an important day in my life.

I hope you can find an easy way to quit smoking. However, I can tell you you cannot quit for anyone else it has to be with yourself.

Mark
                  My wife said she was 4 when you quit smoking, congrats Mark

I will quit again, don't want to get back into the old habit again, it isn't worht it
                  sigpic

Robert

Comment

Yep, that's where the brown goes... it just stays there, building up in your lungs.

Then when you get older, you just start to cough, as your body tries to get rid of it. But it can't!

Then you begin to loose your breath. The coughing gets a bit worse and you tire a lot.

Eventually you find that all that brown has turned to black. You find that out, because you start spitting up this black crud.

The coughing doesn't stop, and now it brings up the black.

Breathing is really hard and you wish you could just stay on that oxygen bottle that goes everywhere with you... but you can't. All too often you have to take the mask away to wipe the black stuff out of your mouth when you cough! Each time you do, it's like painfully holding your breath, you can't wait for the oxygen so you can breath again.

The medicine helps with the pain in your chest and your back, but the breathing becomes a major effort, even with the oxygen. Sometimes the pain comes in such a rush that it takes your breath... well, what little you have.

Eventually, you just suffocate, gasping and choking on the black stuff, that used to be brown stuff, that used to be your cigarette habit, that used to be just a part of living.

I watched my Dad go through this. A lot of smokers get cancer and suffer through whatever form of pain that brings. Others, like my Dad just slowly suffocate!

When I was kid, smoking was considered "cool". My Dad always told me that when I became man enough to buy my own, well then I could smoke. I've always had a wierd sense of vision. To my younger mind, smoking was a lot like burning the weekly trash and standing downwind and sucking the smoke into your body. Didn't seem to be too smart!

Sure wish that I could have convinced my Dad to give it up!

CWS

Comment

CWS,

That gets the post of the week nomination from me.Very heartfelt,Thanks

ADAM

Comment

Wow CWSmith, I will print this and keep it. this is pretty darn
                        heartbreaking

Thank You CW
                        sigpic

Robert

Comment

You mean the brown doesn't just come out the back end?
                          It sounds crazy but I had my first cigarette in kindergarten and by the time I was 9 I was smoking a pack a day.
                          I've quit 50 times but I never make it past a week. Its like I build this HUGE cement wall in my head and say I'm done but the little nicotine demon just sits and chips away at the wall with his little rock hammer until he breaks through. You wouldn't think it would be that hard for me, Gramps died from emphysema, Pops now has it, My brother died from a heart attack at 35.
                          I wish you could pay to enter a sort of detox for a month but they lock you up and dont let you out for any reason.
                          I've also thought of going to outward bound or something and being so far from cigarettes I takes a three day hike to get there, giving me time to come to my senses but, no mon no fun.
                          Last edited by Gene Bickford; 07-31-2007, 06:53 PM. Reason: spelling
                          INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
                          Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Originally posted by Gene Bickford View Post
                            You mean the brown doesn't just come out the back end?
                            It sounds crazy but I had my first cigarette in kindergarten and by the time I was 9 I was smoking a pack a day.
                            So that's why I was so cranky after snacktime in kindergarten, I didn't have a cigarette.

You started so young you have no idea whats its like not to smoke. I can't totally get my head around that.

Just don't be surprised when the nicotine demon turns out to be the Grim Reeper.

"For whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee."
                            Last edited by plumberscrack; 07-31-2007, 05:47 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the kind remarks.

Quiting isn't easy, but a big step is simply recognizing that what you have is an addiction... and somebody DID THAT TOO YOU!!!

So, you gonna let them get away with it, or are you gonna stand up and fight back.

My dad, even on his death bed wouldn't admit that it was the smoking that killed him. I suppose in some way it's tough to admit.

But I look at my wife, my son, my grandsons, and tell myself that's what I live for, that's what keeps me from doing things that will take me away from them.

Sometimes we tell ourselves that we would do anything in the world for our loved ones... even if it means our lives instead of theirs. I believe that most of us would jump in front of a truck, without even a blink... if we, for a single moment believe that it would save those we love.

But then, there's that cigarette thing that just seems to be too hard!

Don't let the cigarette win,

CWS

Comment

Working...
                              X