X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home Depot Has No Clue

While at the HD website, I wanted to look up something on the RIDGID JP0610 Jointer. I type "RIDGID Jointer" into the search box and the search came up with no items found. I did however get a message asking me if I meant the RIDGID Joiner.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Re: Home Depot Has No Clue

Sounds like home depot
    sigpic

Robert

Comment

"Home Depot Has No Clue"

This surprises you why?

After all...it's HD.
      ---------------
      Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
      ---------------
      “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
      ---------
      "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
      ---------
      sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

I emailed them almost a year ago about that. Of course they think it is also a planer.

http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/sho...?t=9231&page=2

Comment

As much as I bash Home Depot, one might ask why I continue to go there?

Answer: Well, they're pretty close to where I live... but more important is that they provide great material for my comedy "bash the box" routine! The forums would probably be missing megabytes of copy if it were not for the land of the orange aprons.

CWS

Comment

CWS, there you go again, using logic to take all the fun out of my ranting.
            Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Why I go to Home Depot now and then

1. To say hi from time to time to the nice (only a few) good orange aprons that I got to know.

2. To watch the totally clueless YUPPIE customers come in and make a total *** out of themselves while I keep a distance and LMAO at them.

3. If I go during off hours and it's a very hot day out, I can walk around, get a little exercise that way and not sweat it outdoors.

4. To see if they happen to have anything new that's interesting.

What I don't expect from Home Depot

1. To find a professionally run store with good staffing that really know what they are doing.

2. To find the place well stocked and things where they belong.

3. To find the place nice and clean with good signs.

Comment:
              I really think some of the fun is having to hunt hard for what we want and finally finding it if we are lucky enough to find one that's not bashed up. The hunting paid off.

Comment

The HD in my area is great, no complaints. Parts are cheaper than fergusons and their hours are better. They're well stocked for most items. I won't buy a water heater or pump from them. I get these from the supply house. I got quoted 356 for a k-39af from fergusons. I just ordered the same thing on ebay for 280. The more I deal with them the less I like them.

My theory is that there are 3 fergusons in my area, a faucet repair shop which is great. It's called Comet Plumbing and they have any repair part you need. Staff is made up of retired master plumbers. And that's pretty much it for the proffesional side. There are 5 HD's and 4 Lowe's and countless smaller shops. Much more competition which breeds competitive pricing. Call me a DIY but I like shopping at HD.
                Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

I'm remodeling a bathroom right now, the home owner is suppling all the materials and getting them. I asked the lady of the house if she likes driving 32 miles one way for supplies every day. She laughs and says not really. 4 times so far on this job, I told her what to get and she wrote it down, all 4 times she comes back w/the wrong items. First time was her mistake, the last 3 times they (the orange aprons) talked her into something else pretending to know their stuff. This morning she went again w/a list. When she got back, she pulled up to my house and had me come out to her van to make sure she got everything correct this time. By god she got everything I asked for. So I said how did this happen, she smiles and said she stayed away from their help. Told her I was proud of her.

Sometimes doing stuff on your own, works................
                  Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

See my post about Chrysler new CEO, Bob Nardelli. Will we soon see another company without a clue?

Comment

Maybe the reason why I like HD is because I don't ask them for advice, just where can I find something.
                      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Okay... that is really, really scary. I was just coming here to post THE EXACT SAME THING. I kid you not, I was going to post that "HD thinks a jointer is a joiner."

By the way, I e-mailed Ridgid and HD about it. No response from Ridgid and HD just sent back a message that said "Your message was forwarded to the appropriate department."

That is one thing I don't get. I like Ridgid tools and they seem like a good company. Why they latched on to HD and HD alone is beyond me. I was going to possibly buy a Ridgid joinTer but no HD I have ever seen has one on display. I asked at the four near me and they all said they have pictures of it but no display.

WTF? How can I judge it if I can't see it? I know the 3650 floor models are never put together right, but at least you can see and touch the thing.

I think Ridgid made a big mistake and it could hurt their bottom line.

Comment

Originally posted by billmoy View Post
                          See my post about Chrysler new CEO, Bob Nardelli. Will we soon see another company without a clue?
                          This time he's not being paid to screw it up.
                          Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

Working...
                          X