Home Depot Might Be Changing...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home Depot Might Be Changing...

...perhaps for the better, but Chrysler might not be.

Maybe changing CEOs will bring back the older, much more useful Home Depot that enjoyed associates who actually knew something and were a bit more helpful.

Now just watch Chrysler bomb (under Nardelli, that is) for a while, at least till it gets its sea legs back from the Daimler project.

I guess we'll see...
    Last edited by PhilG.; 08-05-2007, 10:25 PM. Reason: fix bad url
    Phil
    Tools Rule

Re: Home Depot Might Be Changing...

Yeah, saw that on the News tonight and my first thought was, "What in the He!! are they thinking!"

Makes a person wonder how does one reach the top of their profession and/or become board members and then authorize hiring idiots like Nardelli?

Then I remember my forty years of working in industry, and remember. God save the working man, because there's no way that top management or the government ever will.

CWS

Comment

New reasons not to buy a Dodge;

1. The model you'll want won't be in stock and "we won't get them until the other models all sell out".
      2. If you do find the one you want, it will be a former floor model with missing pieces.
      3. "Warrantee? I don't know anything about that, sir. I'm sorry sir but I am not authorized to find out for you. That's not my department."

The good news is you won't be bothered by salesmen. You'll make your transactions at the self check out lines.
      Jack

Comment

I am a retired Fireman and wanted to work for HD after retirement..which I did. As a former HD employee I can tell you that the company was losing money hand over fist when Nardelli came on board. He made it profitable.. but killed the HD we all knew and loved.. and the stock price. I left, along with so many others, who had expertise and experience in their departments due to cutting personnel and inventory. It is laughable to me now to walk in to my old store and see what it has become. This new guy, Frank, wants to fix that.. and hopefully will. That said, watch and see..Nardelli will make Chrysler profitable again..but at what price. I'm a Toyota man myself!!

Comment

Nardelli reminds me of that clown Kozlowski from Tyco who is now spending a number of years at the iron bar motel. Would love to see somebody take a hard look at Nardelli's books -- bet they wouldn't pass the sniff test. If Chrysler really wanted to take a chance on Nardelli helping get the company back on its feet, they should have hired him with NO PAY whatsoever. Payment would only be contingent on him turning company around -- and if he did, have an automatic cap that would go into place, say $500,000 per annum. Guy left HD with so much money he doesn't need anymore now ever. Oh well, that'll never happen, board of directors of these big corps are about as useful as T!Ts on a bull, and not much brighter either. He!! of an indictment of our USA corporations. OK rant mode off now!
          Jim

Comment

Does anyone remember the huge ENRON mess?

Comment

Oh well, that'll never happen, board of directors of these big corps are about as useful as T!Ts on a bull, and not much brighter either.
              how about Teats on a buck?
              Attached Files
              Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
              attributed to Samuel Johnson
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Originally posted by BHD View Post
                gross,thas why i have small animals

Comment

What is up with that buck. Both sets of equipement?

Originally posted by BHD View Post

Comment

Josh,
                    That sometimes happens in nature. Every deer season up here in wisconsin, there's some guy that shoots a buck and finds out it's a doe, or shoots a doe and finds out it's a buck. Sexual anomoly happens in humans too. True hermaphrodites do exist.
                    Jim Don

Comment

Originally posted by JimDon View Post
                      Nardelli reminds me of that clown Kozlowski from Tyco who is now spending a number of years at the iron bar motel. Would love to see somebody take a hard look at Nardelli's books -- bet they wouldn't pass the sniff test. If Chrysler really wanted to take a chance on Nardelli helping get the company back on its feet, they should have hired him with NO PAY whatsoever. Payment would only be contingent on him turning company around -- and if he did, have an automatic cap that would go into place, say $500,000 per annum. Guy left HD with so much money he doesn't need anymore now ever. Oh well, that'll never happen, board of directors of these big corps are about as useful as T!Ts on a bull, and not much brighter either. He!! of an indictment of our USA corporations. OK rant mode off now!
                      Jim

Im bringing an old thread up here, but I heard that Nodicki (as we call him on the retailworker.com forum) is being paid $1 a year. With his "severance package" from HD he has enough. We think he is doing it in order to finish off on a positive note by going to Chrysler. Of course there has been no mention of bonuses if Chrysler does better with him.

Comment

Originally posted by res057 View Post
                        New reasons not to buy a Dodge;

1. The model you'll want won't be in stock and "we won't get them until the other models all sell out".
                        2. If you do find the one you want, it will be a former floor model with missing pieces.
                        3. "Warrantee? I don't know anything about that, sir. I'm sorry sir but I am not authorized to find out for you. That's not my department."

The good news is you won't be bothered by salesmen. You'll make your transactions at the self check out lines.
                        (LAUGHING) So true, Res... Some of my favorites are: "Um....uh...I dunno...I'm going on my break" or "Um...we ain't got dat" or "um...what dat is"? Seems like some of these associates have no real education and all of their sentences start with "UM". Basically just a warm body that will stand around and eat up payroll dollars...cheaply. I also find it funny when you ask someone working in the tool department about a specific tool and they look at you like you asked them for the square root of something. The Home Depot locations here are PATHETIC! (to be fair, Lowes is no better) They NEVER re-stock their depleted inventories. Nobody cares...and forget about talking to a store manager...WHAT A JOKE! They are just as bad if not worse than some of the associates. Last week I had an associate (on his cell phone) in the electrical department tell me they don't carry 1/2" conduit. It was all I could do not to laugh out loud. I have been buying 1/2" conduit there for years. They have not re-stocked it in three weeks...YES, I SAID WEEKS. I wish just once someone from their corporate offices would invite me to a board meeting. I have so much to share...LOL! But, of course, they could care less anyway...they are making their ridiculously overblown salaries to keep up with their obnoxious habbits...and a mistress here and there. Whatever.

Comment

I dont know how much goes into it really, but at the bottom of every HD receipt there is a "chance to win, a $5000 gift card" most people just toss it or ignore it. In reality by filling out a 10 minute survey all of your comments do go back to the store management. Each month there is a new "Voice of the Customer" notice up on the wall. If you like or dislike something take the survey and let your comments be known

Comment

A couple weeks ago I sent and e-mail to H.D. complaining about the usual things. The next day they wrote back wanting more info, which I gave. Within an hour they mailed me and said a $20 gift card was on it's way to me. Got it UPS overnight express the NEXT DAY. I would have been happy with a $30 card and snail mail! Sometimes the squeeky wheel does get the grease.
                            Jack

Comment

Ahhh...alas....but isn't that the corporate way...throw money at a problem to make it go away. The problem will never get any better...and it certainly won't correct itself. More attention needs to be directed to individual associates on a store level to correct or address these issues. Customer complaints need to be taken seriously and addresssed immediately...in the store while I AM THERE! PERIOD! It reminds me of this couple I know...they would rather throw money at thier kid instead of dealing with or helping him out like a parent should. IT STILL DOESN'T FIX THE PROBLEM. IMO this is one of MANY fundamental problems in our society today...and it spills right over into the workforce. Not faulting you, Res...I'm GLAD you got something for your trouble...just making an observation...hope I didn't offend anyone. It's like getting bad food in a restauraunt...they usually try to offer it to you for free or discount the meal. RIDICULOUS! I didn't come in to get a free meal. I came in to eat. I don't want it for free, I simply want it to be right. If it's not, apologize to me, correct the food, and address the issue with the cook. And I don't mean half *** mention it to him/her...I MEAN REALLY SIT DOWN WITH THAT PERSON AND LET THEM KNOW WHY IT IS UNNACCEPTABLE. Eventually, a standard will be set and expected and thus will weed out those who shouldn't be there. I run both of my businesses this way, and so far, so good. I guess I just come from a different school of thought...but then, my dad was a drill sergeant in the army, so my brothers and I were held to a MUCH higher standard. Even when I worked retail through highschool and college, I QUICKLY advanced to Management in every job. It was easy...I WANTED TO WORK. I CARED about the customer and worked hard to prove it to them. Seems like most of these associates in these places today just don't care. Am I the only one who feels this way??????
                              Nick
                              Last edited by Home Improvement Solution; 09-05-2007, 01:36 AM. Reason: thought addition

Comment

Working...
                              X