Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Internet Scavanger Hunt

Find me "Ernie’s Bee"
    "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
    John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

OK, looks like this one might not be possible any more. There used to be a photos on the web of "Ernie's Bee". I spent an hour trying to locate one but they are gone it would seem. I won't reveal what it is in case someone does turn up a pic. There are only two of these 'Bees' in the world as far as I know. A couple of you should have a good idea as to what and where these are.

So here's a new quest; There were three 'tea burnings' during the Revolution here in the Colonies, find a photo of one of the other two not so popular monuments that mark the sites, i.e., NOT the Boston site.

Update: 8/8/07 -

Here's a photo of the monument in Greenwich, NJ

I also found one of the Bees. It's not Ernie's Bee which stood in front at one of the gates leading into NAS Lakehurst, but it's very similar.

Last edited by Bob D.; 10-19-2007, 03:56 PM.
      "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."

Comment

Greenwich Tea Burning of 1974, and the other was in New York.

How about a pic of a smart pig.
        Attached Files
        No, the half of the missing finger was not power tool related.

Comment

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f3...n/smartpig.jpg

Find a picture of Philadelphia Rescue 1
          Last edited by Josh; 08-10-2007, 08:33 AM.
          The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

Next: Picture of Niagara Falls Frozen Over

Comment

Next: Picture of Niagara Falls Frozen Over[/quote]

An Amish Male, doing a non-Amish activity.
              Attached Files

Comment

how about 7 dwarf miners.

this was joeys suggestion
                phoebe it is

Comment

Looks pretty close to me. ya have to count the one guys arm on the left. I think they are pretty short at least. I know what joey was looking for though thought I would find something different.

Next: a cool picture of a large Tesla Coil (Tesla is my favorite scientist/inventor)

Comment

Originally posted by Josh View Post
                    Looks pretty close to me. ya have to count the one guys arm on the left. I think they are pretty short at least. I know what joey was looking for though thought I would find something different.

Next: a cool picture of a large Tesla Coil (Tesla is my favorite scientist/inventor)
                    how do we know these guys are dwarfs?

post your first instinct. that's what joey is looking for
                    phoebe it is

Comment

Next up, a pic of an Elk Hair Caddis fly.
                      Attached Files
                      Still enjoying all 10 fingers!

Comment

Can't see that good but they are carrying pick axes and a lantern.

Now find Josh's large Tesla coil

TOO LATE FOR ME. WWSMITH BEAT ME BY 2 MINS
                        Attached Files
                        INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
                        Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Gene go ahead and choose something.

Comment

A snake eating a frog
                            INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
                            Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Next: Great white shark jumping out of the water

Comment

Next: A concrete cutting chainsaw.

Comment

Working...
                                X