Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• utah miners

Drill could reach Utah miners in two days

Six miners trapped underground since Monday in Utah could be reached within two days, one of the owners of the mine, Robert Murray, predicted today.
    He said a drill intended to establish contact and provide air and food had reached 450ft yesterday and, if it continued at that rate, would reach the spot where the men are thought to be in two days.
    There is a further 1,000 ft to go and Mr Murray cautioned that if the drill was even a few inches out, it might miss the cavity where he hoped the men were and hit solid coal.

It is not known whether the men are still alive.
    The more hopeful note from Mr Murray, chairman of Murray Energy Corporation, came hours after he had said that new seismic activity had brought rescue efforts inside the mine to a halt because of the danger.
    Mr Murray renewed his criticism of the media for its coverage of the mine collapse so far.

He had insisted the cause of the collapse was natural. "This was caused by an earthquake, not something that Murray Energy ... did or our employees did or our management did," Mr Murray said. "It was a natural disaster. An earthquake. And I'm going to prove it to you."
    But seismologists said the collapse was the likely source of the seismic movement they recorded. Lee Siegel, a University of Utah spokesman, said: "Our seismologists at the University of Utah are careful not to rule out any possibility, but they tell me all of the available evidence indicates that the mine collapse itself was the earthquake."
    Last edited by westcoastplumber; 08-08-2007, 08:56 PM.
    sigpic

Robert

Re: utah miners

May God be with those trapped and also with their families. Very sad.
    sigpic

Robert

Comment

I wish people would quit playing the blame game until after they reach the poor guys. Right now it doesn't matter what or who is at fault. Pointing fingers won't help these guys.
      ‎"I've never let my schooling interfere with my education" -Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by res057 View Post
        I wish people would quit playing the blame game until after they reach the poor guys. Right now it doesn't matter what or who is at fault. Pointing fingers won't help these guys.
        Couldnt have said it better myself
        The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

Right,

To them it is all about whose fault it is. But just for even a second try to put myself inside that mine.

The toughts,the fear,almost out of air,thinking of ever seing my family again,thinking if this is it,thinking when they will come to rescue,will they be on time? Hope? Is that all we have? Fear of dying?

What a horrible way to dye!!!

Comment

Working...
          X