X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid Orange?

Ok guys I'm in the process of cleaning up a bunch of my old Ridgid threaders, Chain vices, etc.. I plan on repainting them all and would like to paint them their original color. Can anyone tell me how to find out what color of paint Ridgid uses?

Re: Ridgid Orange?

I believe it is currently "Ridgid Red" powder coat rather than the "Ridgid Red" paint.

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Take one of your Ridgid tools that is the color you want to match to most any paint store. Most of them now have machines that can scan the color you want to match and then make up that color for you.
      Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave View Post
        Take one of your Ridgid tools that is the color you want to match to most any paint store. Most of them now have machines that can scan the color you want to match and then make up that color for you.

Yea, I had thought of that but, I live in a rather small town and the closest paint store with the capablities of matching colors of paint like that is 3 hours away. I just thought someone might have already known the exact name or numbers for Ridgids color so I could just order the paint online.

Thx,
        eeneilson

Comment

the nearest would be the 1955 orange chevy color, i guess..

Comment

Originally posted by michael stephen View Post
            the nearest would be the 1955 orange chevy color, i guess..
            Yup, or an engine block orange

Comment

I may be wrong but it seems to me there are a number of "Ridgid Oranges" or reds", as I did repaint much of my stuff, and used "safety orange" and on the drain machines you can't hardly tell any shade difference,
              on the dies and wrenches which some were old enough to be black, but on the red ones, there was some shade difference, but I think there is a difference even in the oranges on the wrenches, as my newer ones seemed to be more orange in color than the older ones, which I would say were more red in comparison.

here is a cord holder on my drain machine painted with safety orange and the frame of the machine is "ridge orange", but not much difference.

click on url below to see picture,
              http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/att...5&d=1185337522

It has always amazed me that manufactures (in the operators manual or list it on the web site now,) don't either list or give the mixing formula code of Sherwin Williams or similar company. So one could go to a national, quality paint company and get the touch up or addition paint one may want in a matching color.

Offer touch up paint and or quarts and gallons of tool machine quality paint in there line up.
              Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
              attributed to Samuel Johnson
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

While this won't help with the Ridgid paint issue, some companies do sell touchup paint. Here is one.

http://www.kennedymfg.com/kmc.htm (Intro to products)

http://www.kennedymfg.com/touchup.htm (Paint and bumpers)

Comment

Working...
                X