No announcement yet.

Where do you want to retire and why?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Where do you want to retire and why?

Question, why are some of you living and working where you don't want to live or retire? Most here have a trade and a skill that is nearly universal.

a music video that some what explains the heart of a farmer and his love for the land and life.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSX2SoBd1RE
    Last edited by BHD; 08-19-2007, 10:41 PM.
    Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
    attributed to Samuel Johnson
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Originally posted by BHD View Post
      Question, why are some of you living and working where you don't want to live or retire? Most here have a trade and a skill that is nearly universal.

a music video that some what explains the heart of a farmer and his love for the land and life.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSX2SoBd1RE
      I could not make the same living in Utah as I do in California and Nevada.

Mark
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
        I could not make the same living in Utah as I do in California and Nevada.

Mark

Ditto. The type of people that live where I want to retire would, for the most part, never contemplate paying a lot of hard earned money for something they could do themselves or live without. Just a difference in attitudes and upbringing. I do a lot of entry door swap outs because the neighbors just got new $5,000 doors, so they feel they need $10,000 doors. God bless their shallow little hearts!
        Jack

Comment

I love the East Coast, I worked an oil spill on Buzzards Bay, Mass. once and said to myself that that was where I wanted to retire. Just felt real home-like to me. However, I'd like to keep my house in Texas for the winters. I've got a good while to make my decision, a good 25 - 30, depending on investments. Realistically, I don't care, I just want to retire. This work stuff is for the birds.
          No, the half of the missing finger was not power tool related.

Comment

Working...
          X