X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where do you want to retire and why?

The "Where we live.....likes and dislikes" made me think us older guys are probably more into where we will retire. Here is a picture of where I hope my retirement home will be.

The why is because I won't have close neighbors but they're close enough if I need them (or they need me). My creek has Rainbow and Brook trout in it but I won't fish them. The whitewater rafting river across the Highway from me has Rainbow and Brown trouts which I will fish.

Depending on the time of year I have cougar, deer, elk, beaver and so on walking through my property (yes I hunt). If I want to take a quad for a ride one of the side loops of the nicest ATV trails in the country runs though my property. Last but not least, the snow rarely gets more than a foot deep and doesn't stay on the ground too long.

Mark
    Attached Files
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Re: Where do you want to retire and why?

Good post Mark,

I think i want to retire in croatia,

Seaside,morning coffee overlooking at the sea,market ,fresh fish in the am from the fishing boats..clean air,little smog..nice weather

this is the city where my mom bought a second home\

Comment

Zeljka,

Very pretty but what does "My plumber had picke the of covjek at an world" mean? I'm sure the online translator has missed something.

Mark
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
        Zeljka,

Very pretty but what does "My plumber had picke the of covjek at an world" mean? I'm sure the online translator has missed something.

Mark
        lol

it means my plumber-(moj vodoinstalater). Je najbolji-is the best. covjek na svijetu-man in the world

Comment

I've always had multiple places picked out to retire to. But, as I get older, my thoughts lean more toward Prosser, Wa. where I was born and raised and where I learned to be me. It's nothing special if you've never lived there. Not much to do, not much to see. But there is no place like home, Toto. Family is everything. Nothing else matters.

Jack
          ‎"I've never let my schooling interfere with my education" -Mark Twain

Comment

I want to retire to my nice comfy bed, go to sleep and saw the old bed for 2 days and nights non stop other than to go and drain out now and then and make a nice big deposit too. Maybe then I'll feel good and not be such a growly old *&^%$ anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Woussko View Post
              I want to retire to my nice comfy bed, go to sleep and saw the old bed for 2 days and nights non stop other than to go and drain out now and then and make a nice big deposit too. Maybe then I'll feel good and not be such a growly old *&^%$ anymore.

I don't think the online translator could do anything with this one.
              Woussko you'll have to put this in english please.
              ---------------
              Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
              ---------------
              “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
              ---------
              "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
              ---------
              sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
                LOL I read it 5 times and still couldn't make sence of it.

I was beginning to think something was wrong with me

Comment

This seems to be the place for me to retire.

I think I will be working till I'm in heaven, or somewhere else.
                  Attached Files
                  Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

For some reason I do understand this.
                    Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
                      Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
                      LOL I read it 5 times and still couldn't make sence of it.

I was beginning to think something was wrong with me
                      if you really want me to translate it from a plumbers point of view, here we go.

he wants to go to bed, snore for 2 days and not wake up except to pee(drain out) and poop(nice big deposit).

the rest is self explanatory.

rick.
                      phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by garager View Post
                        This seems to be the place for me to retire.

I think I will be working till I'm in heaven, or somewhere else.
                        Nice box Mark. Looks comfy but does it have all the amenities for eternity?

No box for me please.

Spread my ashes here on the Severn River just south of Annapolis.

This is where I learned to fish, catch crabs, swim and water ski. It holds special memories for me and I can't think of a better place to retire to.
                        Last edited by plumberscrack; 06-15-2008, 11:37 AM.

Comment

Rick has it right. Sleep as much as I can for 2 days and get up now and then to use the toilet and get some water to drink, but otherwise saw (snore) away in bed.

Woussko is really looking to when the weather cools off some and I get to take a weekend vacation somewhere out in the mountains or such.

Oh wait, I didn't read the thread name correctly. You mean where would I like to spend my final year(s) and not just a day or two. Hmmmmm,,, Now I have to think hard for once.

Comment

I'd want to retire in Spain. Great weather, love the people and lifestyle. Something in the air is different there. Of course it's very expensive and I'm not spanish and speak very little so it's doubtful this will ever happen. I can dream.
                            Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

i want to have a small house over looking MT Washington in NH ,with lots of snow
                              Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
                              http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
                              http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

Working...
                              X